Undergrad Transfer to UCSD...where are the bio labs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stevey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and had a question regarding my preparation for med school.

I am transferring to UC San Diego as a third year transfer. I am not a science major so I have been taking my science prereqs on top of my major courses and I was planning on doing the same this coming year.

An adviser told me that the full year of general biology does not include labs at all and that the biology labs are mostly in the upper division courses (and most require the general biology sequence plus more to take). I have two more quarters of biology with lab to take in order to complete my prerequisites for med school.

If I take the general biology courses, along with my major courses, I will probably have to wait to take the labs until the following year. It doesn't really make sense to me that these biology courses don't have labs.

Does anyone know if taking these gen biology classes without the labs is sufficient enough to be admitted to med school?

Members don't see this ad.