Undergrad Working as a Scribe in Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

puggyprincess

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I've been reading a lot on these forums and on reddit about undergrad students working as ER scribes and I've become incredibly interested in such an opportunity. I've done a lot of research and I can only find these job opportunities in the States. I'm, however, from Ontario, Canada, and was wondering, has anyone in Ontario, let alone Canada, worked as a scribe? Is this job even offered in Canada? I've checked my local hospitals' websites on information about it, but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you!
 
I seriously doubt it, I had never heard of this until coming on SDN (I'm from Ontario as well). You could ask premed101.com if you want