1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

undergrad

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by MTY, Feb 14, 2001.

1. MTY

MTY

is there any DO medical schools that has an undergraduate institution?

why do some schools only have the medical colleges while others have other professional schools within the institution?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Liquid_Tension

Liquid_Tension Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello dude,

NYCOM is associated with New York Institute of Technology, and that is an undergraduate institute. I think there is also a combined undergrad-medschool program too.
    see ya,
    -your helpful liquid :)

4. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Some, but not all, medical schools are a component of a larger parent university under which degrees are granted. Some medical schools are authorized to grant their own degrees.

Much of the reason why the system evolved this way requires a historical look at medical education in the US, and unfortunately, I have an endorcrinology/GYN exam on Tuesday. [​IMG]

Tim W. of N.Y.C.

5. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    MSUCOM is part of an undergrad institution for sure, and Im pretty sure that OSUCOM is as well. OUCOM might be. UNECOM is part of an undergrad institution also, with the med school and some undergrad colleges at the Biddeford campus and the rest at the Westbrook campus. I don't know about the others.