Residency application and undergraduate degree and GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maral.morta

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know the answers of my following questions as I'm currently med student and would like to know about residency application?

1) Do we have to send our undergrad transcript and GPA on residency application and is it important for them?

2) What information is sent/shared from my current medical school to residency application in terms of undergrad info that my current medical school has?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As far as I can remember, the only thing that will have anything to do with undergrad will be what your degree was in and any Latin Honors on your CV. They barely care about your pre-clinical grades, they aren't going to give a fig about undergrad.

Hello,

I would like to know the answers of my following questions as I'm currently med student and would like to know about residency application?

1) Do we have to send our undergrad transcript and GPA on residency application and is it important for them?

2) What information is sent/shared from my current medical school to residency application in terms of undergrad info that my current medical school has?

Thanks

1) Yes for SF Match (Plastics and Ophtho). Not for NRMP.