Undergrads Struggling in Dental School???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will an undergrad who takes 1 science class a semester struggle in dental school?

• Total voters

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will an undergrad who takes 1 science prerequisite class per semester have a rough time in dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

I think one science class is fine, especially if it is an extremely difficult one. I think a tough class is more time-consuming and intensive than a couple of easy ones.

Keep in mind that some of the people out there that are taking only one science class/semester are working full-time jobs with families to take care of. That is just as difficult, if not more so, especially if 2 classes are being taken. Time management is the key.

I don't think you can really tell. If the person is only taking one science class per semester because that is all they can handle academically and still makes a low B or C then I would wonder if the person is going to be able to hack dental school.

If however, the person is just taking it easy and has the ability to put into overdrive when he gets to dental school then it's not a problem.