Undergraduate School Stat

Started by sle3pyguii
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

S

sle3pyguii

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do Pharmacy Schools consider the undergraduate schools when looking at admission? for example, if I were to go to a no-name university, would it hurt my chances?

I am considering transferring to a unranked school, so I was wondering if it may hurt my chances.

I am currently at the University of Arizona
 
Your grades are more important. A good GPA will be more powerful than a fancy name. Go to a university you like and will enjoy.
 
There is always a major discussion concerning 4 yr Universities vs. Billybob's Community College. The quality of education at 4 yrs seem to be a given, whereas the same cannot be said for Community College.

Personally, I agree with the previous poster. Go where you want, and do extremely well. Doing so, regardless of the school's prestige, will get you where you want to be.

~above~
 
I think everyone's opinion is going to be biased on this one depending on whether they have attended a community college or university. I would think that a 4 year university would be better than a community college, but I am biased towards the 4 year university. Although, I am sure that there are some community colleges out there that are better than some universities. This topic always seems to stir up debate as to whether a B at a good, nationally known university is better than an A at a community college. I have attended both, but I feel as though the University, nationally ranked, is better. If there arn't outstanding circumstances regarding your enrollment into the other school, such as monetary or family, I would stick it out at the university. But then, thats just my opinion.