Undergraduate School Stat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sle3pyguii

Do Pharmacy Schools consider the undergraduate schools when looking at admission? for example, if I were to go to a no-name university, would it hurt my chances?

I am considering transferring to a unranked school, so I was wondering if it may hurt my chances.

I am currently at the University of Arizona

Members don't see this ad.

Your grades are more important. A good GPA will be more powerful than a fancy name. Go to a university you like and will enjoy.

There is always a major discussion concerning 4 yr Universities vs. Billybob's Community College. The quality of education at 4 yrs seem to be a given, whereas the same cannot be said for Community College.

Personally, I agree with the previous poster. Go where you want, and do extremely well. Doing so, regardless of the school's prestige, will get you where you want to be.

~above~

I think everyone's opinion is going to be biased on this one depending on whether they have attended a community college or university. I would think that a 4 year university would be better than a community college, but I am biased towards the 4 year university. Although, I am sure that there are some community colleges out there that are better than some universities. This topic always seems to stir up debate as to whether a B at a good, nationally known university is better than an A at a community college. I have attended both, but I feel as though the University, nationally ranked, is better. If there arn't outstanding circumstances regarding your enrollment into the other school, such as monetary or family, I would stick it out at the university. But then, thats just my opinion.