UNE acceptances and interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thebeyonder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
How many people interview at UNE and are accepted?
How many people here were interviewed and then rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year, 2143 people applied to UNE, 249 were interviewed, and 168 were accepted. Overall, they have an acceptance rate of 7.8%.

Hi,
I received a letter from UNE today, it said I was on the alternate list. Is the alternate list the same as the waiting list? Is the alternate list the same as the hold list? Are there multiple lists?, or are the hold, waiting, and alternate lists all the same thing?
How many people get off the alternate list at UNE? Are some people rejected after being interviewed? How many people are on the alternate list?
If anyone knows any of these answers I would be happy to hear them.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
thebeyonder? What were your statistics that got you onto the waiting list at UNE?

Do all letters of acceptance from UNE come via certified mail?

Mine did not come through certified mail.

I can think of two classmates who got in off the waitlist offhand, and more than 10 who interviewed in late March.

Doc Oc
UNECOM 2005

Hi,
My stats:
3.33 non-science
2.53 science
2.95 total
10 biology
9 Physics
10 verbal
O writing
My gpa has risen dramatically in the past few years. I have ~3.99 in my last 60 science credits, and a ~3.99 overall in my last 100 credits. Needless to say, I have taken many undergrad courses.

thebeyonder, i found out today that i was accepted to UNE and I think we interviewed around the same time, so you should be hearing soon!

Today i was accepted to UNE but was told there isnt enough room in the class. What do you think of my chances of admissions. They said in the letter that all spots have been taken by deposits. Its only a matter of some people going to another school that they have also sent a deposit into i guess

well they must've lied that all spots had been taken by deposits, because i was accepted today and my letter didn't say that, and i haven't sent in my deposit yet (obviously)

Bostongirl, which school are you going to? Is there anyone else out there who put deposit down for UNE but might be going elsewhere?

Not sure where I'm going yet, but I gave up my spot at COMP yesterday when I found out I got into UNECOM. Now I'm waiting to see if I get into PCOM and then I'll make a decision.

I put down a deposit at UNECOM, but will go to my state school if I get in off the alternate list. I love UNECOM, but it's 3x more expensive then my state school!

what the hell are you talking about badmcats? how the hell can they still interview when all the spots are already taken by deposits? that doesn't make any sense to me.

My letter says Im on the "accept space available list" and that the whole class has been selected with deposits in hand. It may not be true but thats what it says in the letter that was sent to me.

Allright you guys - as a second year medical student @UNECOM who sits in on admission interviews I can help your confussion.

As you probably know UNECOM has only 115 students per class (something that makes it unique compared to some of the larger schools - here everyone knows everyone - more family atmosphere etc...). Interviews have been going on since September. If someone is accepted, they are given 2 weeks to hold the spot with $1000 (or something around that - it might have changed). I have not seen the latest statistics, but I would imagine that by now at least 90+ people have sent in deposits and there are probably a bunch others who the school is waiting to hear from to see if they will give the $1000 deposit to hold a spot. If you intervied late in the cycle, you probably got a letter saying that you have been accepted pending space available. Meaning that if there is room, they will send you a full acceptance letter to see if you are willing to send the $1000 to hold the spot. They have to monitor the whole situation carefully as they can't take the chance of too many people sending in deposits and ending up coming here so that is why it is done in a piecemeal fashion.

The alternate list is the alternate list - a seperate list for after they exhaust the pending acceptance room letter if that makes sense.

Last year nearly 40 people decided to drop out for various reasons (they were MD wanna-be's or financial situations - so if you were accepted pending room, you stand a good chance of being offered the opportunity to secure the spot with $1000. This past week we interviewed the final candidates.

Hope that helps you!

siednard: first of all your the man (or women if thats what you are). That answered my question perfectly. I am on the accept space available list and have been writing letters to the admissions committee expressing my continued interest. So I hope to hear from them soon. by the way, do you know of people in your class that were offered spots after being on that list?