You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNE Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got an email for interview! Today 4/18 @3:30 pm est
can anyone give some tips for the kira interview. Are like the questions specific about UNE or are they more of get to know you. Wondering since most of the things i’ve read on reddit says the kira was difficult and too specific. There isn’t much out their about UNE because it’s such a small school. I would be eternally grateful for any help. DM me if you need! 🙏🏽🙏🏽
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GreenOtter
Full Member
If I’m remembering right, they ask a lot of situational and interpersonal based questions to see how you as a future professional will handle certain situations. I don’t think they asked anything relating specifically to UNE in my interview. If anything it was pretty much a “why is our program suitable for you” type question so figure out what’s appealing to you about them and write it down somewhere! I would recommend noting down your favorite (and genuine) response to some basic questions such as “how would you handle another student cheating” “what would you do about ___ situation with a patient or colleague” so that you have a moment to review before answering. I was surprised by how blank my mind went during interviews with all the time I’d spent preparing. Small notes to glance at for virtual interviews posted next to my laptop were GREAT to keep myself from freezing and prompt me. Go on YouTube and try to find dental school situational questions to practice with. I do distinctly remember that this interview in particular (out of the 3 Kira interviews I completed) was the most comfortable for me.can anyone give some tips for the kira interview. Are like the questions specific about UNE or are they more of get to know you. Wondering since most of the things i’ve read on reddit says the kira was difficult and too specific. There isn’t much out their about UNE because it’s such a small school. I would be eternally grateful for any help. DM me if you need! 🙏🏽🙏🏽
You got this! Keep positive, be you and don’t forget to smile and breathe. It’s not over until it’s over.
Ayyy thank you for responding. I’m planning on taking it today so i’ll lyk how it goes afterwards. Kinda surprised I got an interview this late, the cycle is pretty much over. I guess the class isn’t full yet so that’s awesome. UNE was one of my top choices so def would take the acceptance. Hope to see you in the class of 2028 haha. It’s def not over until it’s over!If I’m remembering right, they ask a lot of situational and interpersonal based questions to see how you as a future professional will handle certain situations. I don’t think they asked anything relating specifically to UNE in my interview. If anything it was pretty much a “why is our program suitable for you” type question so figure out what’s appealing to you about them and write it down somewhere! I would recommend noting down your favorite (and genuine) response to some basic questions such as “how would you handle another student cheating” “what would you do about ___ situation with a patient or colleague” so that you have a moment to review before answering. I was surprised by how blank my mind went during interviews with all the time I’d spent preparing. Small notes to glance at for virtual interviews posted next to my laptop were GREAT to keep myself from freezing and prompt me. Go on YouTube and try to find dental school situational questions to practice with. I do distinctly remember that this interview in particular (out of the 3 Kira interviews I completed) was the most comfortable for me.
You got this! Keep positive, be you and don’t forget to smile and breathe. It’s not over until it’s over.
GreenOtter
Full Member
Good luck! Putting positive vibes into the universe for ya.Ayyy thank you for responding. I’m planning on taking it today so i’ll lyk how it goes afterwards. Kinda surprised I got an interview this late, the cycle is pretty much over. I guess the class isn’t full yet so that’s awesome. UNE was one of my top choices so def would take the acceptance. Hope to see you in the class of 2028 haha. It’s def not over until it’s over!
damn lowkey that was hard. Lots of question that had nothing to do with UNE 🤣🤣. Legit 4 leadership questions that were basically all the same, lmk how i’m supposed to talk 4 times about the same thing. I was just running out of ideas to fill the mins. Basically a harder casper exam and I got the highest score on casper lmfao. Oh well, we’ll see what happens. I felt like I kept rambling to fill the minute and 30 sec responses. 10 questions is also a lot, most of my other schools was only 5-6 questions.
dentalprospect1234
New Member
I too received an interview the same day. Hoping the best for both of us! I wonder how long it will be until we hear back…..Just got an email for interview! Today 4/18 @3:30 pm est
waitlisted today, interviewed like 2 weeks ago. This is my 4th waitlist this cycle lmfao
FutureToothDocterrr
Full Member
Just received an Interview today like an hour ago! 😀
Application cycle is NOT over!
Application cycle is NOT over!
Last edited:
whoaJust received an Interview today like an hour ago! 😀
Application cycle is NOT over!
FutureToothDocterrr
Full Member
yep. I haven't been on SDN for a couple months but i just wanted to update that the application cycle is indeed not over.whoa
😀 Good luck everyone
FutureToothDocterrr
Full Member
I do not believe so, my friend got accepted and it was just this.will there be any remote or in-person interview after the kira one?
lmfaooo wtf 🤣. I guess UNE class isn’t full then. They handed we out a lot of acceptances to waitlists this past week too!Just received an Interview today like an hour ago! 😀
Application cycle is NOT over!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureToothDocterrr
Full Member
But unfortunately, I am declining it because I already got into another school that starts soon.lmfaooo wtf 🤣. I guess UNE class isn’t full then. They handed we out a lot of acceptances to waitlists this past week too!
Good luck everyone 😀
I heard people can still get into a program all the way until a week before it starts. So don't lose hope!
Last edited:
wowMy daughter just got off the waitlist today. Received an acceptance email this morning around 11:24 pacific standard time. She will be accepting this Hail Mary acceptance lol
nice
congrats!
Still on waitlist since end of April, don’t understand what UNE is looking for. Ppl have gotten off the waitlist with nearly identical or lower stats than me. I doubt I did that badly on the interview 🙃
Waitlisted since January and they sent me a rejection earlier this month. I feel you with the stats aspect too and im in state 🙁Still on waitlist since end of April, don’t understand what UNE is looking for. Ppl have gotten off the waitlist with nearly identical or lower stats than me. I doubt I did that badly on the interview 🙃
haha yea I just gave up at this point. I retook the DAT and scored significantly higher. Applied first day out this cycle so I bet acceptances will line up this time. Just wish I got the A this cycle so I could just be done and over with it.Waitlisted since January and they sent me a rejection earlier this month. I feel you with the stats aspect too and im in stat
I was rejected from UNE two years ago and was accepted this cycle in December. One of the first school that accepted me. I used the same DAT and similar GPA from two years ago. My only change was interview. I got better at it, so consider a second opinion on your interview skills. Good luck.haha yea I just gave up at this point. I retook the DAT and scored significantly higher. Applied first day out this cycle so I bet acceptances will line up this time. Just wish I got the A this cycle so I could just be done and over with it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K