UNE interview 2015 PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolinaVikkiWeinstein

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heys guys,
I am interviewing at UNE in September 18th. This is my first interview and I am really nervous. I heard it isn't very laid back interview process and they just want to get to know you. Other then the simple interview questions like "why UNE?" "Why physical therapy?" for those of you that have interviewed here in the past, are there any other questions they asked you? I just want to be prepared as much as possible!

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Heys guys,
I am interviewing at UNE in September 18th. This is my first interview and I am really nervous. I heard it isn't very laid back interview process and they just want to get to know you. Other then the simple interview questions like "why UNE?" "Why physical therapy?" for those of you that have interviewed here in the past, are there any other questions they asked you? I just want to be prepared as much as possible!

Thank you :)
I am interviewing with them on September 18th as well! I heard that they just want to get to know you. From everything I have found, we don't have anything to worry about.

Definitely let us know how your interview goes! I'm applying next cycle and am curious. Good luck with your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's very simple. Campus tour, meet the faculty, student QA, interview and a writing exercise. Just be yourself and have a good time. Enjoy the campus and make sure to venture to old town Portland! It's awesome!!

I currently am a first year student at UNE, and would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the program. The interview process was very laid back, probably the most laid back interview I had. They just basically want to know why you want to go to UNE and why you want to be a PT. The interview process is only a small part of the decision making process, so if you have a solid application, you have a good chance of getting in even if you bomb the interview.

They give you a campus tour and have you do a very easy writing sample (differs at each interview session...mine was "what are characteristics that define a leader?")

Also, if you get waitlisted, you have a very good chance of getting in, as it is a kinda pricey school (~$113K), so many accepted students end up attending cheaper programs.

With that said, they have a great faculty, great passing rates, and it's a really cool city...I do not regret my decision to attend this program! (at least until Winter comes haha)

I currently am a first year student at UNE, and would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the program. The interview process was very laid back, probably the most laid back interview I had. They just basically want to know why you want to go to UNE and why you want to be a PT. The interview process is only a small part of the decision making process, so if you have a solid application, you have a good chance of getting in even if you bomb the interview.

They give you a campus tour and have you do a very easy writing sample (differs at each interview session...mine was "what are characteristics that define a leader?")

Also, if you get waitlisted, you have a very good chance of getting in, as it is a kinda pricey school (~$113K), so many accepted students end up attending cheaper programs.

With that said, they have a great faculty, great passing rates, and it's a really cool city...I do not regret my decision to attend this program! (at least until Winter comes haha)
Thank you so much for the insight. I will definitely formulate some questions for you and message you this weekend. Thanks again.

I hope everyone who has already interviewed did well! I'm a current UNE second year and if anyone has any future questions please feel free to ask! I think one of the biggest things UNE is looking for is your commitment to wanting to attend UNE. As ktachiba said there are many people who are accepted off the wait list and I believe they would like to put a stop to that trend by accepting students who are committed to attending UNE the first time around. Good luck to everyone interviewing in the future!

Reactions: 1 users
So it's been a while since my interview at UNE. I have to say in the first couple minutes of the interview I was very nervous, and I think you could tell. But once I got over my initial nerves, it became more of a friendly conversation, and by the end of the interview we were all laughing and talking about the best food in Portland. They even recommended a couple places to try before I left Maine.

A couple weeks later I received an acceptance letter! Since then I have gone to a few interviews and was accepted into another program. After meeting with professors and students from other programs, I still believe UNE's program is the best for me. see you guys in the fall!

So it's been a while since my interview at UNE. I have to say in the first couple minutes of the interview I was very nervous, and I think you could tell. But once I got over my initial nerves, it became more of a friendly conversation, and by the end of the interview we were all laughing and talking about the best food in Portland. They even recommended a couple places to try before I left Maine.

A couple weeks later I received an acceptance letter! Since then I have gone to a few interviews and was accepted into another program. After meeting with professors and students from other programs, I still believe UNE's program is the best for me. see you guys in the fall!

I have to agree with Polina. I applied to many schools in my home state (CA) and I have been way beyond impressed with UNE in comparison to other schools I applied to. I am very excited to attend UNE.