UNE vs Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joey333

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the pre-dental forum and thought I would do the same in here. I got accepted into University of New England yesterday and I have my deposit down at Boston. I have 2 weeks to make a decision.

What do you guys think? Any students from either school out there? The only thing I don't like about UNE is how new they are. Should this matter when assessing these two school? I'd love to hear your opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

I posted this in the pre-dental forum and thought I would do the same in here. I got accepted into University of New England yesterday and I have my deposit down at Boston. I have 2 weeks to make a decision.

What do you guys think? Any students from either school out there? The only thing I don't like about UNE is how new they are. Should this matter when assessing these two school? I'd love to hear your opinions!
Not sure about New England program, but going to Boston is now uber expensive.

First year tuition:

1. Academic related cost: $80k
2. Living in Boston city expenses: $25-30k
Total: $105-110k (for just your first year).

All the above numbers will rise 3-5% next year and every year after that.

http://www.bu.edu/dental/about/offices/registrar/tuition/dmd-tuition/

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure about New England program, but going to Boston is now uber expensive.

First year tuition:

1. Academic related cost: $80k
2. Living in Boston city expenses: $25-30k
Total: $105-110k (for just your first year).

All the above numbers will rise 3-5% next year and every year after that.

http://www.bu.edu/dental/about/offices/registrar/tuition/dmd-tuition/
Any way you spin it, UNE is cheaper. Cheaper cost of living, cheaper tuition. I'm just worried they aren't as reputable as a school compared to Boston because they are so new. Do you think that matters?

Any way you spin it, UNE is cheaper. Cheaper cost of living, cheaper tuition. I'm just worried they aren't as reputable as a school compared to Boston because they are so new. Do you think that matters?
It's doesn't matter where you go to school, but how much debt you carry as a dentist does (through relatively a stagnant income).

Reactions: 1 user