UNECOM and Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjc199

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm deficient in biochem...that's what I get from being a meteorology major. Does anyone know if they will make decisions about my application if I "claim" to be taking biochem during my last semester (aka the spring)?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received UNECOM's secondary and the letter states I must have written proof that I am enrolled in Biochem at the time of Interview. I guess that sucks because I wanted to take it the semester prior to matriculating. I guess if we're given interviews, we'll have to schedule them for the Spring '05 semester.

I did not directly read the UNECOM letter, but I could have sworn that when my sister read it to me, she read that "you must complete biochem prior to July 15 or matriculation" or something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
It says a biochemistry course must be completed prior to the start of classes in July 2005. An official transcript must be submitted prior to matriculation.

Here is exactly what my letter says on the subject.

My letter reads...
"If invited for a campus interview, written confirmation of enrollment in a biochemistry course will be required at the time of interview. If the Admissions Committee reccomends acceptance, it will be done on the condition that a biochemistry course be successfully completed prior to the start of classes in July 2005. An official transcript must be submitted prior to matriculation.

UNECOM's Department of Biochemsitry and Nutrition offers a Distance Medical Biochemistry course designed for pre-medical students. More infomation is available at http://distance.une.edu or directly from Gene Yonuschnt, Ph.D., at [email protected]...."

I'm taking the distance learning course right now, and it's no problem. I'm hoping to get it done berore most of my interviews...I'm guessing oct.

well, the way I did it (and I'm sitting in anatomy with Dr. Cross right now at UNE, got to love wireless internet haha!) is I brought my senior year schedule to my interview in november. It showed that I was signed up to take biochem in my spring semester. When I got my acceptence it was conditional on completing biochemistry prior to matriculation. It really wasn't a problem once I showed them I was signed up. Best of luck to you!! I'm planning to sign up to be a tour guide so I'll probably see some of you when you interview! Email me if you have any more questions. [email protected]

Jon