UNECOM biochem requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know UNE requires biochem and even offers a 13 week online course through their school but how does the timing of when you enroll in the course impact admissions?

For example, I wanted to take organic next year (Fall 06-Spring 07) before taking biochem over the summer, but I will also be applying in June 07. So, how does that work with the school? Can you still apply and then take the course over the summer? Will they still interview/offer an acceptance if you are still taking the course over the summer and you can only matriculate after you complete the class?

Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

My friend took it the fall before she started med school at UNECOM. I'm taking it now (with hopes of receiving an acceptance sometime before I turn old and gray). From what I understand, and from what the UNECOM admissions requirement website states, Biochem is required before matriculating. So, as long as you have it done before you intend to enroll there, you're good to go. :thumbup:

Biochem is a pre-matriculation requirement... meaning you can just show that you're going to take biochem before you start med school and get an acceptance conditional of successful completion of biochemistry.

jonb12997 said:
Biochem is a pre-matriculation requirement... meaning you can just show that you're going to take biochem before you start med school and get an acceptance conditional of successful completion of biochemistry.

That's great thanks for the info. I did read that bit about completing in the Fall on their website but I was not sure if that meant the Fall before you apply or the Fall before you matriculate. That must be rought to be taking biochem while you are doing secondaries, interviewing, etc..Thanks again!