UNECOM Class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aniulka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I'm getting excited about starting med school and meeting all my classmates. Are there any other UNECOM '06 students out there?

Anna :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Anna! I'll be going to UNECOM in a few weeks too! I can't even believe it's coming up so quickly! I'm getting excited, also a little nervous I guess!

See you soon!

Shannon

Hi, guys!

Thebeyonder: Orientation does start on the 29th and school on the 31st.

Did you receive the survey of textbooks prepared by the second years? It's very helpful.

I'm going to be living 5 minutes away from the school with another MS1.

I'm not married but I think many of our classmates will be so your wife will probably have plenty of company at the partner meetings.

As for an exam on the second week of school...ugh! I guess it's good that at least we won't have one the first week of school. :D

Anna

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I'm a 2nd year (okay, will be in a few wks) so if you are concerned about anything.....don't be! If you have any questions, just write.

Orientation is fun while it lasts. I believe you start Anatomy on Wed (7/31) so if you really want to buy any books, you should buy the Grant's Dissector, Anatomy Text and BRS Anatomy, and any atlas you like.

Personally, I bought Rohen 'cause it has real cadaver dissections and Netter for the easy to understand drawings. You don't need to buy both.

You'll also meet with your anatomy group during the last day of orientation and you all will probably chip in and but a dissector and an atlas to use in lab (YOU DON'T WANT YOUR STUFF RUINED AND THEN TAKE THEM HOME TO STUDY WITH!!).

Anyway, don't worry and enjoy it. The 1st test is the Upper extremity exam in Anatomy. It's not the hardest exam so don't worry. You'll have plenty of study time when you get to UNECOM. Don't start now.

P.S: We'll send you exam tips/study guides that were passed on to us and modified by us so you won't be lost....it's a tradition.

Okie dokie, have fun. See ya soon.

hey UNECOM class of 2006 - just wanted to let you know that I (and am sure other 3rd years like myself) will be up at school during the first week of school to sell you our books that we don't need anymore - so take the advice that I didn't get when i was in your shoes two years ago - hold off on buying your books - i promise i'll be up there either on the 31st or the 1st in the lobby selling my books and saving you from the over-priced bookstore. Good luck starting school and enjoy what is left of your summer.
:cool:

I think everyone in our class bought the AMSA testbook this past year. I found it to be very helpful! Many of the professors use the same or similar questions and question format on their exams so it gives you an idea of how the exams are written. It's a good way to test yourself a few days (or day before) the exam.

(Oh yeah, we 2nd years will also be there to sell some books.)
:oops:)

Oh, to answer your question....

I found it extremely helpful and sometimes necessary for all my classes. I would highly recommend that you get it...(AMSA is not paying me to tell you this)...hey, what's another $65 or so in debt compared to $50,000/yr!

Thanks for the advice!

I'm leaving for Maine early tommorow morning. 26 hours of driving...fun! ;)

See you soon!

Anna

hey fellow unecomers,
i can't wait to get up there and get settled. i think it's around 33 hours of driving from houston (according to mapquest.com)
see ya'll soon
john
:clap:

Good luck (and be careful) on your drive up to ME everyone. I just went up for the wkend and came back to NYC. Anyway, have a relaxing week...see ya soon.

i think i'm living on campus in freddy hall. is anyone else living on campus?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading your posts and am wondering if any of you can tell me your experiences at UNECOM thus far and why you applied to UNECOM? (I'm applying there next year).
I'm curious about any impressions that you may have regarding the education, residency opportunities, classmates, the school itself, the area it's located in, etc., etc.
I'd also like to know your experiences prior to going to med school-- are any of you alternative students? Are you finding that UNECOM looks favorably upon older, alternative students?

Anyway, thanks for any info you all may have! I appreciate it!