UNECOM Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

overmaster2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I wanted to see who will be joining me in the Class of 2016 at UNECOM!! Let's all get to know each other :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there. From Maine, did my undergrad at UMaine, and have been living in Boston for the past 2 years. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'm also from Maine but I did my undergrad in MA, nice to meet you! Did you get a list of materials/books we need for school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Nice to see a UNECOM Class Thread. Did you see the Facebook group yet? Anyway, congratulations! I'll be joining both of you in August. I went to undergrad in Boston, graduated 4 years ago. Now I live west of Boston with my husband, our cat and dog. I can't wait to get started with medical school - I'm ready to retire from my part-time jobs.

Ovenmaster - I have yet to receive a book/supplies list from UNECOM. A lot of students advise not purchasing any books/supplies in advance.

Hi there Overmaster and others. I'll be starting with you guys in August. From central CT, finished my undergrad at CCSU in 2008. Currently serving overseas, but will be back in time for Osteoblast. I believe that much of the info that we are looking for will be given out there as well as in the periodic emails from the Office of Constituent services.
Fay8 - thanks for the heads up on the FB group. Just found it and added to my list.
Congrats to all that have been accepted.

Hello everyone! It's nice to see we've finally got a class thread :)

I'm originally from Lewiston, Maine. I'll be graduating this May from Boston University. It's been a few years since I've really lived in Maine but I couldn't be more excited to go back. I can't wait to meet you guys at Osteoblast!

I was also wondering if there were people on SDN that were looking for roommates. After talking with many of the current students, it seems like the ones not moving with their significant others seem to room together. I'd much rather live with a fellow student than a random person. Let me know!

I have a 4 BR, 2.5 bathroom house located right off Pool st. The bedrooms are very spacious and the house is mostly furnished. The house located 3.5 miles from the UNE campus and very convenient location for groceries. The house has a two car garage with space for 4 other cars for off street parking, electric water heater to cut oil costs in the winter and eliminate in the summer, a very efficient wood pellet burning stove in living room which also helps tremendously with oil costs in winter months. Large kitchen with double oven. I was a fellow UNECOMer and have rented the house out since my departure and has worked out very well for everyone involved. The current tenants will be leaving for rotations and I will have the house open. You can contact me for more info and/or pics or any other questions you may have about the school, area, etc. Congratulations!!
Dallas
[email protected]
208-419-8817

Congrats on getting into such a great school and moving to such a great area!!! Room is available at thsi legendary UNECOM staple.

The house is at 81 Clifford Street Biddeford, ME 04005. There are 4 BR, 3 baths, medical library, laundry, 2 car garage, big driveway, etc.

Rent includes partial utilities. The house is very well insulated with new windows roof was redone about 7 years ago and new siding. I also use environmentally friendly and energy efficient halogen bulbs wherever applicable to keep down on energy bills.

I know going to med school can be daunting, but this place (the house, UNECOM, Biddeford and Maine in general) is a great place to be for medical school. My wife and I only rent to medical students because we remember how great time in our lives medical school was for us and we want to make it a wonderful time of your life as well. We have tailored the house to suit UNECOM student needs (medical library with models and posters on the first floor, bar in the basement to unwind, big back yard to enjoy nice weather).

Pictures and details are avilable if you email me.

Hope you like the place and congrats on getting in. Email me anytime [email protected].

Hi guys,

we have a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house to rent - address is 161 West St Biddeford.

There are 2 bedrooms and a bathroom on each floor.

The house has a 2 car garage with 2 more off-street parking spaces, and is located on a quiet street with a nice deck and private backyard. Plenty of storage space, large bedrooms and common areas, laundry machines in the basement, new carpets, a new high-efficiency heat/hot water system, and 2 very productive blueberry bushes make living here very convenient and comfortable. The house is less than 10 minutes from campus.

Rent is $1700 for the house. Available June 1st.

Details, pictures, and references from current tenants available upon request, and the house can be shown if you happen to be in the area provided you give me a few days notice.

Congratulations on joining UNECOM class of '16,
Cabot
[email protected]
207-450-5146

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the grade system for the first 2 years is pass/fail? And if so, is there any honor and/or high pass grading system?

Also, is the coursework taught by system? Meaning is the physiology, anatomy, etc. for the cardio system taught in one block and then are we tested on just the cardiovascular system before we move onto another organ system (ex: renal or respiratory)?

thanks!

So I just decided to come to UNECOM (late I know) but is anybody still interested in housing?

Just decided to attend UNECOM. I know... it's late. Only one month left and I don't know what to do~~!!

Just decided to attend UNECOM. I know... it's late. Only one month left and I don't know what to do~~!!

Hey,

Congratulations on your acceptance. Make sure you join the facebook group and work on all the required health forms. Have you been to the Class of 2016 UNE site yet?

See you next month,

Fay

Looking for a fifth student to fill the last available bedroom in an incredible, spacious home 5 min up Pool St from UNE. We've got a large, bright study room we'll soup up with an OMM table, a guest room and fire place, and the best part is, a dock on the Saco River and a beautiful area with a gazebo and fire pit! It's three women and one man so far. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested. :)

Does anyone know if the grade system for the first 2 years is pass/fail? And if so, is there any honor and/or high pass grading system?

Also, is the coursework taught by system? Meaning is the physiology, anatomy, etc. for the cardio system taught in one block and then are we tested on just the cardiovascular system before we move onto another organ system (ex: renal or respiratory)?

thanks!

First two years are a numerical grade with "pass" "high pass" "honors" or "fail" system.

First year is taught by subject in blocks (each block consisting of coursework from all disciplines...anatomy, phys, biochem, etc), second year is by system.

The curriculum does tend to change from year to year, but as far as I know that's the plan.

Just accepted yesterday and I am looking for a roommate/ place to live. Please contact me if you're interested.

Thanks

Tom