UNECOM Interview ??'s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO123

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got invited for an interview at UNECOM. I was hoping people who have interviewed there could share their experiences and how they prepared. I went to interview feedback and realized they changed the format so there are 2 interviews instead of the usual one??? This is my first interview so naturally I'm nervous. Everyone says they are the "typical" questions. Could someone tell me these "typical" questions. What % of those interviewed get accepted? This is my first choice so should I tell them that at my interview? Love to get some feedback from current UNECOM students about the +/- of the school..
Thanks in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi DO123 - I interviewed at UNE a couple of months ago & will be attending next year. The interview is very layed back. I had 3 interviewers (2 PhD's & 1 DO). Most of their questions were based on things in my application. It seemed like they were just interested in getting to know me (eg "describe yourself from a young age"). It is a very informal interview so try to relax. I think they accept about 75% of interviewees, but if you're from Maine or New England, you may have an even better shot. I prepared for the interview by familiarizing myself with the DO philosophy & talking with current students/graduates of their program. Good luck & if you have any other questions I can help you with then feel free to ask.

DO123
I interviewed there last month and had 3 DO all graduated from UNECOM. They asked me something like: why do? describe yourself, what is your strong and weakness, etc. that type of question.
Like everybody else is saying, relax. You will meet some current students and they are very helpful. They will give you some hint like what questions you will be expecting from your interviewers.
It's okay to be nurvous. I did and I still got accepted there, but I probably won't go there. Good luck with your interview and have fun.

Thanks for the reply. I will post soem questions as I prepare or my interview. I would also really appreciate any UNECOM students talking about the school and some of the things that they like and dislike about the school. I know each school has its own "personality" so what is UNECOM's. How much history of Osteopathic medicine should I know? I have to be honest the biggest factor for me applying to DO schools was the emphasis on preventitive medicine and overall healthy lifestyle, I also want to work in a rural setting. Manipulation I've only read about but have never seen it used. Any current UNECOM students or alumni feel free to praise or bash your school.. Anything information is greatly appreciated..
Thanks