UNECOM interview two weeks ago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BadMCATs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at UNECOM 2 weeks ago and I really want to go. I called the office two days ago b/c I heard we could call and check our status. They told me my file is still under consideration with the Dean. Is this good or bad? Im really stressed about this. And if anyone could tell me what their MCAT scores were that got accepted to UNECOM this year i would appreciate it. Im just looking for some comparison b/c mine is really bad but my grades are superb. Hope someone can shed a little light on this.

Members don't see this ad.

I was there two weeks ago too and have not gotten word yet. When I called they gave me the same response and said I should hear this week. I'm hoping this does not mean bad news, but we'll see. i hate waiting!

about the MCAT scores, my friend who is a 1st year at UNECOM got in with a 21 on the MCAT (6,7,8), so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I interviewed with a 24, but heres the catch--- 10 in verbal 4 in physics and 10 in Bio. Every interview Ive had asks me about this inbalance. My GPA 3.8 sicence even higher. The big problem is that if I dont get accepted Im missing the april MCAT this year and will be forced to restudy for the august one. That dosnt hold well for someone looking to reapply for next year early. Any advise from any students will be considered, thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
UNE is usually pretty quick on making their decision, but if other people have been waiting just as long, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, if they were willing to interview you with your mcat scores as they are, then I would take this as a good sign that the mcat won't keep you out. I don't believe the class is full at this point, and even so, I've heard that a good portion of each class comes from the waitlist. Good luck!

UNE is interviewing something like 80 people over Spring break. I don't know why. All I know is they sent out an email to us asking who would be here over break so they could set up tour guides. Usually, they interview every other week on T, TH, and Sat, and make decisions that same Saturday. Apparently that isn't the case this Spring. Perhaps they are waiting till after Spring break interviews are over (march 18-23).

Doc Oc
UNECOM 2005

So would you say thats a bad thing for us who havent heard back from them yet? Meaning more competition. Or is it a good thing that their still keeping us "On the bubble" (march madness reference) b/c they liked us and just want to make sure were good compared to the rest.

Badmcats - did they say you could call to find out if you were accepted or not? They said that I could when I interviewed. You can't look too deeply into it. If they already made a decision to reject your application, then you probably would have gotten it by now. Chances are if you haven't heard anything then that's because they haven't decided yet. I know the waiting is torture, but hang in there!

I called last wed. i dont want to be a pest and call again. Thy told me they hadnt reached a decision. To make matters worse, a certified letter slip came to my house today b/c noone was home. However it has my fathers initial instead of mine. It seems incredibly cruel that my parents would get a certified letter the same week I might be getting something like this. Now i haveto wait for tmmorrow to see what this is.