UNECOM personal statement on supplemental application???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnt3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much can you write for the personal statement? Just the size of the text box???
Or can you write as much as you want since the text box scrolls down? i'm confused....
Please help...I don't want to write too much and have the rest of my essay be cut out...

Members don't see this ad.

hello tnt -- I filled out the UNE secondary and I believe you can write as much fits in the box. I used the entire box and if it got cut-off, then it didn't make much of a difference b/c I was accepted anyway. If you are really concerned, give then a call, but I'm fairly certain you can use the whole box.

Hey Algae,

Congrats on your acceptance and thanks for the response. Ok...here's another question for you...I don't know if i should even bother applying to UNECOM...I've heard good things abt it and i think I would attend if they accepted me.
However, I know UNECOM has a strong preference for New England residents...How would that affect my chances...My MCAT is 26/3.22Overall GPA. It's hard for me to write why i want to attend UNECOM since i've never visited the campus...

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know about the new england regional preference part. i'm a colorado resident (admittedly living in boston currently), but i was admitted. and you don't really have to convince them that you want to go without ever seeing it - that's true of most schools. as for the personal statement, i remember that when you print it out - it doesn't look like you filled the whole thing because it doesn't include the scrolled parts in the printout. very confusing.

Hi tnt -- I wouldn't let your state of residence hinder you from applying. UNE accepts approx 70% of all applicants from Maine, but only about 30 people apply from the state each year. My point is that there is a lot of space in the class for non-residents. As far as your gpa/MCAT -- UNE looks more deeply into your application, such as extracurrics, volunteer work, interest in osteopathy. Definitely stress your interest in osteopathy in your person statement.

About answering the question of why you want to go to UNE -- look into the school itself and answer this question. Check out their web page. I had the chance to speak with current students, residents and graduates of UNE and I heard a great deal of positive feedback on the school. The campus is in a beautiful location. Plus, they were ranked by US News & World report in the tip 30 of all schools for rural medicine and family medicine if that means anything. There were many reasons why I chose UNE, so just do some investigating and find out for yourself why it would be a good match for you. If you have anymore questions about the school, I'd be glad to try and answer them. Best of luck!