UNECOM/St. Michaels Emergency Medicine

Started by DTRNED
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DTRNED

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any information about the St. Michaels EM residency affiliated with Seton Hall. Also, I called them the other week to set up an audition rotate/SubI for next year and they said they were not accepting applications at all for next year. Any ideas why?
 
The hospital is out of money and are looking for someone to buy them out. Along with that, the program director (Dr. Sorkin) stepped down and is leaving academic emergency medicine for greener pastures. They were looking for a replacement PD, however I suppose through funding issues, they could not find a replacement who wanted to continue the residency program. They will allow their current residents to finish and graduate but that's it. I suppose that's just the way it is in many hospitals around NYC. Tons are closing due to funding.