Unfilled positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

promethius

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So I matched already, but I am curious to know which programs had unfilled positions this year, particularly in the fields radiation oncology and PM&R. Anybody mind posting those who has access to the scramble list? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious which rads and anesthesia programs went unfilled. Please post if you have access to it.

Starts at 12 no?

Nobody is going to have it yet.

I'd be careful about posting such a list:

From the email sent out by the NRMP about the Match Week Schedule on March 10th:

Moreover, it is a violation of the Match Participation Agreement if any registered applicant or program shares the List of Unfilled Programs with those services or with any individual who is not registered for the Main Residency Match, or allows an individual who is not registered for the Match to use the registrant's unique code number and password to access the secure web site to obtain information about unfilled positions.

Doesn't explicitly say it can't be posted, but that "with any invididual who not registered for Main Residency Match" probably covers that...since all the M1's, M2's and M3's on this board would fall in this category. Of course, the risk is yours to take...would they find out, would they track you down, what sort of punishments would you be up against, etc.

I thought I remember last year somebody posting it on this site.

If anyone would like to PM me the list that would be appreciated. I've already matched but would like to see the IM spots that went unfilled.

If anyone has a list of the IM spots that went unfilled this year I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I thought I remember last year somebody posting it on this site.

If anyone would like to PM me the list that would be appreciated. I've already matched but would like to see the IM spots that went unfilled.

It will get posted eventually. Just not until the end of the day!

will it be officially posted by nrmp to those who matched this year?

The list is released to the "public" (the rest of us) at a later date. You will all have access to the information, just not yet.

Thanks for the link with the info!!

Yeah, the link was pretty informative for IM and path programs. If anyone has any info on the unfilled positions this year for rad onc and PM&R, please post or send me a PM. Thanks!

Anyone have the Psych or EM list?

I know Duke didn't fill last year. But two years in a row. It's Duke!

duke medicine didn't fill again? i see it listed under family medicine, not IM?

Just FYI, this is a match violation and is incredibly unfair to those who did the whole process correctly and are attempting to scramble. Please don't take this small advantage away. Even if you only want it for personal interest, it being posted allows someone else to misuse it.

My Bad - Duke IM did fill. It's FM that didn't.

Just FYI, this is a match violation and is incredibly unfair to those who did the whole process correctly and are attempting to scramble. Please don't take this small advantage away. Even if you only want it for personal interest, it being posted allows someone else to misuse it.

That's a good point. I guess it is a match violation. I shouldn't have asked for the list.

I am curious, however, as how someone could misuse it.

That's a good point. I guess it is a match violation. I shouldn't have asked for the list.

It's not a match violation to view the list if you are registered for the match this year. BigRedBeta already posted the rules above. Choochin on USMLE Forums.com is the match violator as that is the person who posted the list.

It could allow someone to scramble who didn't register with the nrmp or submit a match list. The list is only intended for those who did both of the above.

It's not a match violation to view the list if you are registered for the match this year. BigRedBeta already posted the rules above. Choochin on USMLE Forums.com is the match violator as that is the person who posted the list.

OK - I see what you're saying. Still, asking someone to post the list publicly is asking them to do something bad.

Anyway, I feel less bad. And I'll see the list eventually.

Could someone please which west coast psych program went unfilled this year? There should be only one. I'm curious to see who it is.

Thanks and good luck to everyone scrambling.

Just recovering from an episode of Tachy!!!

Got the message 'congrats you matched' yesterday.

Just received an e-mail from Temple IM prelim that I had previously applied to during the match (that never gave me an interview) thanking me for the interest in their program and saying that they have filled all their positions!
I'm guessing that they meant to send it to all the candidates scrambling and sent it to candidates that had applied through the match instead?

Well.. they definitely got me in the tachy range!

Just recovering from an episode of Tachy!!!

Got the message 'congrats you matched' yesterday.

Just received an e-mail from Temple IM prelim that I had previously applied to during the match (that never gave me an interview) thanking me for the interest in their program and saying that they have filled all their positions!
I'm guessing that they meant to send it to all the candidates scrambling and sent it to candidates that had applied through the match instead?

Well.. they definitely got me in the tachy range!

Yeah I got something like that too. Applied Categorical IM and never got the interview; matched yesterday as well and got that strange email this afternoon.

Yeah I got something like that too. Applied Categorical IM and never got the interview; matched yesterday as well and got that strange email this afternoon.

Congrats!
Definitely reassuring to know that I'm not the only one to receive that message then!

I got that email too...and I am happily matched as well.

I got that email too...and I am happily matched as well.

I got that Temple email too and was freaking out... because it is on my list (but not number 1)... so I started to think, does that mean I *did* match there?

We're sure that programs don't know who matched at their program yet, right?

I got that Temple email too and was freaking out... because it is on my list (but not number 1)... so I started to think, does that mean I *did* match there?

We're sure that programs don't know who matched at their program yet, right?

I think everyone who applied to Temple got that email, because I most certainly didn't match there and I got it. I am happily matched, just not Temple.

Programs won't find out until tomorrow.

are these listed on that link? did i miss it?

anyone know when the unfilled lists go public? and how to get them?

Now that it is done, for the curious, when/where can we see the list?