Unhealthy Health Professionals?

Started by dumbguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will after you experience Dr. Brazeau's Genetics class...is he still teaching that at UB? Tests sucked...But it was a good class...Yep, the final outcome of your visit is all that matters too me...You walk away with your medicine, paid for it and I was able to increase your likelyhood of getting better...do you get it? Why do we stare into people eyes and pretend to care? I cut someone off today because she was rambling on about this and that...I fixed her problem and she was appreciative...I wasnt rude...I want hastly, i just cut her off, cause honestly i didnt care about why she having the issue...Yeah, she lloked surprise when i cut her off, but when i offered the solution, she accepted, thanked me, and we both moved on...the final outcome is all that matters...and you know what, people come to me from miles away because I fix their problems...

And if any of you tell me that you truly truly care as to why your patients are there, i will think you are lying...Cause if you did care, many of you wouldnt be on here bitching all day and starting threads about "whats the most annoying thing a customer has asked you" threads...😀

oh the brazeaus are still there. I'm kinda looking forward to genomics, I may be a minority but i do enjoy kinetics, and hopefully that extrapolates into enjoying genomics.

I care enough to make sure things are done right, and that i can offer the best care that I can relative to the patient, so that if anything should fail, it would not be my wrongdoing. "CYA" Cover Your Ass. Thats what I try to limit my contact to, get my info that i need, evaluate, then get the out, make a decision. While I may have an opinion about someone or something, I don't parade it around. As Niccolo Machiavelli puts it, the appearance is what matters, what they think of you. Hide your intentions, views, actions and opinions.
 
oh the brazeaus are still there. I'm kinda looking forward to genomics, I may be a minority but i do enjoy kinetics, and hopefully that extrapolates into enjoying genomics.

I care enough to make sure things are done right, and that i can offer the best care that I can relative to the patient, so that if anything should fail, it would not be my wrongdoing. "CYA" Cover Your Ass. Thats what I try to limit my contact to, get my info that i need, evaluate, then get the out, make a decision. While I may have an opinion about someone or something, I don't parade it around. As Niccolo Machiavelli puts it, the appearance is what matters, what they think of you. Hide your intentions, views, actions and opinions.

honestly, thats what makes me that good ( i really am modest, i promise)...i can put a smile on my face when i have to...my partner tells me i do it so well...Dont get me wrong, just cause i say i dont care, doesnt mean i dont want to help them...i do, but in a capitalistic way...They get what they need, they learn to love me...and my pharmacy is praised and left alone from corporate...Everyone wins 🙂
 
Wow. Dr. M seems like such a passionate person.

Reminds me of the quote: "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul."

I hope I never have the displeasure of having someone with that mentality involved in any aspect of my health care.

To the guy doing only bench and curls: STOP NOW!

True any exercise is better than no exercise, but working only your chest and biceps is going to cause problems with your alignment, namely forward head carriage and stooped forward shoulders. For every "push" exercise you do, you should do a "pull" exercise to work and balance the opposing muscles. I'd also recommend stretching to maintain range of motion.

For maximum health benefit in minimal time, I recommend a full-body routine like this:

Squats
Bench Press
Deadlift
Bent-over Row
Overhead Press
Curls
Calves

You can do 4 sets of 8-12 reps in less than 30 minutes with 30 to 90 seconds of rest between sets.

Anyone can find 30 minutes. Anything else is just an excuse.

AND even if you can't exercise, diet is 90% of health and fitness anyway. Get that straight and you're most of the way there already.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Something I hate reading about people working out is when guys only work out their upper bodies and don't work out the lower body.

The lower body has a lot more muscle potential, the more muscle you build, the more your basal metabolism rises. Thus, it's better to workout both the upper and lower body.
 
Wow. Dr. M seems like such a passionate person.

Reminds me of the quote: "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul."

I hope I never have the displeasure of having someone with that mentality involved in any aspect of my health care.

To the guy doing only bench and curls: STOP NOW!

True any exercise is better than no exercise, but working only your chest and biceps is going to cause problems with your alignment, namely forward head carriage and stooped forward shoulders. For every "push" exercise you do, you should do a "pull" exercise to work and balance the opposing muscles. I'd also recommend stretching to maintain range of motion.

For maximum health benefit in minimal time, I recommend a full-body routine like this:

Squats
Bench Press
Deadlift
Bent-over Row
Overhead Press
Curls
Calves

You can do 4 sets of 8-12 reps in less than 30 minutes with 30 to 90 seconds of rest between sets.

Anyone can find 30 minutes. Anything else is just an excuse.

AND even if you can't exercise, diet is 90% of health and fitness anyway. Get that straight and you're most of the way there already.

Its funny how MY PHARMACY had the single largest increase in volume over last year; and HOW most of my pts usually come to see me...and well, I could keep going...And kid, if you are a kid, pharmacy is a business...something they dont teach you in school...You go to school to make sure YOU and all pharmacists dont kill anyone...you will have a RUDE RUDE awakening...and i havent lost my soul, i only started to gain it 🙂 Good luck...
 
And kid, if you are a kid, pharmacy is a business...something they dont teach you in school...You go to school to make sure YOU and all pharmacists dont kill anyone...you will have a RUDE RUDE awakening...and i havent lost my soul, i only started to gain it 🙂 Good luck...

This is something that the world's greatest Pharmacy law professor has said a few times or so.
 
If I was running a business or pharmacy school, I would institute mandatory exercise classes. The whole school/workforce would be required to participate....kind of like Mr. Burns made everyone do calisthenics (sp?) on The Simpsons.

I would also completely get rid of unhealthy food from the campus.

**** your liberties and freedom of choice bull****. There is no reason to have a McD's on a college campus, period. In fact, I don't want to see one anywhere near any school (K-12) or college.

I saw a study which showed there will be an enormous shortage of first responders (firefighters, police officers, paramedics, etc.) because there won't be enough fit people capable of doing the job. Everyone will be too fat.
 
I saw a study which showed there will be an enormous shortage of first responders (firefighters, police officers, paramedics, etc.) because there won't be enough fit people capable of doing the job. Everyone will be too fat.

Interesting... More career options to recommend...
 
I saw a study which showed there will be an enormous shortage of first responders (firefighters, police officers, paramedics, etc.) because there won't be enough fit people capable of doing the job. Everyone will be too fat.

At least the math works out for police officers - fat cops and fat criminals run about the same speed.

Maybe fat people take longer to burn to a crisp in a fire so the math works out for firefighters too.
 
You can find time to workout if you really tried, trust me. Working out doesn't have to consist of going to the gym, there are plenty of things that you can on your own at your house.

Agreed. It's all about squeezing it in. You don't need two hours to workout; eat right, grab your favorite sneaks and do 30-45 minutes of HIIT or free-form circuit training outside your front door. You'd be surprised what you're capable of if it's truly a priority in your life 🙂