Uni Programs Vs Uni Affliated Com programs

Started by blueey
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blueey

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody

Could somebody please clarify any advantages in a Uni affliated programs- Why would anybody want to go to Uni affliated programs. (I know about Location Location...anything else)

Why I am asking is I have already applied for >35 programs (all uni) , now wondering if I made a mistake, and if I am prepared to go to a uni affli program, then $$, I will have to compromise and stretch a bit.
 
an unopposed residency at a community hospital may give you broader experience then a program at a university medical center where you have to fight with residents from the other services for procedures, etc. this is especially true for fp residencies