Uniform for commisioning-Hpsp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

llort

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious, during our commissioning, will we already have the uniform or would I just wear a shirt and tie?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

llort said:
just curious, during our commissioning, will we already have the uniform or would I just wear a shirt and tie?
thanks

uniforms are neither needed nor expected. you are not in the military until after you get commissioned, so you wouldn't be able to get a proper uniform anyway. basically, you just walk into the recruiter's office, pray that an officer will be there to commission you, hold up your right hand in while standing in front of the flag...that's it...no frills. it' really not a big thing like it might be after OCS or the USNA. it's funny, your recruiter will drop a "sir" or "ma'am" on you when you get commissioned...kinda weird feeling, but cool...but that's the end of the excitment.

I am glad I didn't have the previous comissioning experience.

My recruiter and his superior (the comissioning officer) went out of their way to come to where I live (3 hrs from their office) to have a little ceremony with cake and icecream that my family was able to mention. My family has a military history, and I am the first of my generation to join the military--so it was something that meant a lot to them and me.

Regardless, I wore a conservative business suit and had my hair tied back (female).