Unique experience but is it clinical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duhyesorduhno

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working as an intern for a state agency which serves as a clinic and offers services for HIV positive populations. I've have started to get more hours as an intern but I cannot determine if this experience is truly clinical: I see patients and have some interactions with them, but I also do quite a bit of work prepping for events, administrative stuff and so on.

I know LizzyM has the smell the patient dictum but I'm only getting brief whiffs. Is my experience truly clinical?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm working as an intern for a state agency which serves as a clinic and offers services for HIV positive populations. I've have started to get more hours as an intern but I cannot determine if this experience is truly clinical: I see patients and have some interactions with them, but I also do quite a bit of work prepping for events, administrative stuff and so on.

I know LizzyM has the smell the patient dictum but I'm only getting brief whiffs. Is my experience truly clinical?

Even physicians end up spending some of their time in preparation and on administrative stuff. The question is, "does this facility provide patient services? Are their medical records (paper or electronic)? Do patients receive prescriptions? "

Yes, the facility has medical records, prescribes drugs and patients are seen by physicians (I guess this answers my question).:)

Thanks for the response!