univ of IL + MWU-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RPhToBe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Jus' wonderin' if anyone got a response from UIC for an interview. I get an email stating that my app was received, but nothing beyond that.

Also, for Midwestern in IL, how long after the supp. app does one get an interview, or any response?

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by RPhToBe

Also, for Midwestern in IL, how long after the supp. app does one get an interview, or any response?

I think I got an interview invite about a month before I interviewed (2003). I honesly can't remember when it was, but I think I interviewed around march 7th in IL and 10th in AZ (just a guess). I know that they have a ton more apps this year, it might take longer. Good luck!

Originally posted by RPhToBe
Hello all,

Many thanks!

Once you have submitted the supplemental application, they usually invite you for the Campus Visit and writing assessment. I think I received mine in a month or even less than that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Iryna
Once you have submitted the supplemental application, they usually invite you for the Campus Visit and writing assessment. I think I received mine in a month or even less than that.

Are you talking about MWU? I never had a writing assignment for the IL campus. I did submit a personal essay with my application, but maybe things have changed since pharmCAS.

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Are you talking about MWU?

Midwestern University - Chicago College of Pharmacy.

RPhToBe, I also found the following information on their website:

Mandatory Campus Visit/Selection Process
To be considered for a mandatory campus visit, applicants must meet the admission requirements listed previously. They must also submit all the materials necessary to complete their file, e.g., a PharmCAS application, PCAT scores, a supplemental application, and two letters of evaluation.

After the Office of Admissions receives these materials, the applicant?s file is reviewed to determine if the applicant merits a mandatory campus visit. The applicant?s file may also be placed on a wait list pending possible openings toward the end of the mandatory campus visit cycle.

Following the applicant?s attendance at a mandatory campus visit, their file is forwarded to the College Admissions Committee for review. The committee may recommend to accept, deny, or place the student on the alternate list. This recommendation is then forwarded to the Dean for final approval. The Dean?via the Office of Admissions?notifies the applicant of his/her status within four weeks of the mandatory campus visit. The mandatory campus visit process typically begins in November and ends in May.

Originally posted by Iryna
Midwestern University - Chicago College of Pharmacy.

Yeah, I didn't have a writing sample at my 'interview' in 03. I don't know if it's still the same.

yeah, I haven't heard anything from Midwestern-IL or UIC yet either. I think I got all my application materials sent in a little over a month ago and still no word from either. It is making me so nervous!:(