Univ. Of Miami Post-Bac?

Started by doc3341
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doc3341

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, has anyone heard of the University of Miami Post-bac? The AAMC link doesnt really say much about the program, and the actual UM website doesn't really help. Thanks for the input!
 
I did my Post Bac at UM...and if you look through old threads...I posted about it at length....

Good Luck!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Post Bacc Pre Med program at UM?🙂

My thanks in advance for your candor!
 
HELP!!!🙁


I have been accepted into a few different Post-Bacc Pre Med programs and every one seems to have the same reply in that:


Only a fraction of the programs are covered by regular federal student loans....

It seems like my only option are PRIVATE BANK LOANS--which I am very leary to take out as I already have a ton of loans from my undergrad and concerned about not having options on private loans for deferrment or income-based programs for repayment. (Which may be necessary during "glide year", residency, etc......)

Since the whole point of doing a Post-Bacc Pre Med program is to get stellar grades to get into Med School, really want to focus fully on school......


What options are there out there?? Are there any Banks that offer better loans than other for this particular course of study...??


YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED as most of the schools I am talking to are not very helpful as they don't want to recommend any lending institutions and Post Bacc Pre-Med programs seem to be a "gray area" outside the area of expertise of most Financial Aid offices...


THANKS A MILLION FOR ANY COMMENTS!!!🙂