Universal Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BDS-DMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I think we should have a acceptance thread. Please post your stats:
-NB I/II score
-GPA
-Toefl
-Work Ex in US/home country
-Re/fresh applicant
-Schools applied
-Schools interviewed
-Schools accepted at
-Schools chosen.

Please do not post any questions here. I will be forced to delete them. Feel free to PM the individual. It will be really useful if we only have the actual facts here.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

BDS-DMD said:
Hi everyone

-NB I/II score
-GPA
-Toefl
-Re/fresh applicant
-Schools applied
-Schools interviewed
-Schools accepted at
-Schools chosen.

Please do not post any questions here. I will be forced to delete them. Feel free to PM the individual. It will be really useful if we only have the actual facts here.

Thanks

Great idea, BDS-DMD :thumbup:

BDS-DMD said:
Hi everyone

-NB I/II score
-GPA
-Toefl
-Re/fresh applicant
-Schools applied
-Schools interviewed
-Schools accepted at
-Schools chosen.

Thanks

good job.....

Members don't see this ad :)
BDS-DMD said:
Hi everyone

-NB I/II score
-GPA
-Toefl
-Re/fresh applicant
-Schools applied
-Schools interviewed
-Schools accepted at
-Schools chosen.

Thanks[/QUO
Thats good idea. :thumbup:
Your job as a moderator is good BDS DMD. :)

HI

Thanks for the compliments. But the thread does not seem to be attracting the people who can really contribute,i.e.those who have been accepted in some school or the other.

Come on guys, this forum has been so helpful to all of us. Lets give back. Do remember how nervous we all were till we got in somewhere,whether that was the first choice or not.

This is a great idea BDS-DMD...the reason for this thread not attracting any people could be the fact that our moderator started a great thread but forgot to post his own stats. :p So why don't you make the first move.... :rolleyes:

anaesthesia said:
This is a great idea BDS-DMD...the reason for this thread not attracting any people could be the fact that our moderator started a great thread but forgot to post his own stats. :p So why don't you make the first move.... :rolleyes:

I agree with anaesthesia. Come on, BDS-DMD, be a role model for everyone to follow. :D

Sorry for posting on your thread MOD...just could not take it anymore!..as students are not understanding what you really want..i think you should add Universal acceptance CLASS of 2008/ 2009 (NYU)..on your thread the way you had done it last year..also....i think we have to yet wait for schools to come out with test results..UOP/ UCSF(hopefully this coming week)....BU..(till june)..Upenn( march)..NYU till july..long way to go..but definetly a start...
maybe you should delete all these posts..so that students can start afresh.. :idea:
Good Luck :luck:

Please people!...this is a thread started by our moderator so that students who are " accepted for the class of 2008" can post their acceptances/waitlist to various schools...and our moderator is already in school( UPENN) and had started a similar thread last year..where everyone had posted their acceptances and stats..and so had he!

good luck :thumbup:
ta

anaesthesia said:

-NB I/II score ------- 87
-GPA ------- 3.52
-Toefl ------- 250
-Work Ex in US/home country ------- 7 yrs
-Re/fresh applicant ------- fresh applicant(2006 cycle)
-Schools applied ------- Colorado
-Schools interviewed ------- Colorado
-Schools accepted at ------- Colorado
-Schools chosen. ------- Colorado

Hope this helps

Glad to help out ..kindly do the needful and add

Universal acceptance thread Class of 2008/2009,
to the title of your thread..so that students will post their acceptances for the upcoming class..
Good Luck
ta
BDS-DMD said:
Thanks TA.[/QUOTE

divya said:
part1-94,part2-88
gpa-3.7
toefel-300
work experience-2 and half years
Fresh applicant
schools applied at-LLu,Tufts, Upenn
Schools interviewed at-LLu,Tufts and Upenn
Schools accepted at- Tufts and Upenn
School chosen-Upenn
hi divya,
your part 1 score is so good!!!!!!1what material did u study to make it so big??i gav my part 1 exam ystdy, i read kaplan book, n decks and did a few papers, but somhow the exam seemed tough!!

godbless said:
hi divya,
your part 1 score is so good!!!!!!1what material did u study to make it so big??i gav my part 1 exam ystdy, i read kaplan book, n decks and did a few papers, but somhow the exam seemed tough!!

Thanks ,However 94 is not that great a score nowadays, because everybody scores in the nineties, so to have an edge the higher you score the better.You must have seen threads in which people say they score a 90+ score but they still receive rejections or are not even called for interviews.So basically just having a high part1 does not guarantee anything.

My whole point is dont fret over finding the exam challenging ,because if you did then others would have too. Summing it in one word you will do just fine.

Just remember that you must have so much about you other than mere staistics which sets you apart from other candidates.Find a way to bring that out in your personal statement and in your interviews and you will shine :)
My best wishes are with you.

Hi, Divya, did you rejected by LLU? What do you think is the reason?

divya said:
part1-94,part2-88
gpa-3.7
toefel-300
work experience-2 and half years
Fresh applicant
schools applied at-LLu,Tufts, Upenn
Schools interviewed at-LLu,Tufts and Upenn
Schools accepted at- Tufts and Upenn
School chosen-Upenn