University at Buffalo PharmD Applicants - Fall 2017/Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoPPSAdmin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there and will interview on Jan. 27th,2017.How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, can you share your stats if you don't mind? I also have applied there.
PCAT composite 90 percentile, bio 98 chem 99 math 72 cr 2
I am an international student so my standard must be higher.
I have no idea about my gpa because my transcripts were evaluated by WES and not shown in Pharm CAS.
I study very harder for my TOFEL and hope someone can help me to strengthen my speaking to interview.

Reactions: 1 user
PCAT composite 90 percentile, bio 98 chem 99 math 72 cr 2
I am an international student so my standard must be higher.
I have no idea about my gpa because my transcripts were evaluated by WES and not shown in Pharm CAS.
I study very harder for my TOFEL and hope someone can help me to strengthen my speaking to interview.

Amazing PCAT!!! Good luck on your interview.

heyy so I applied through PharmCas mid January and UB responded as soon as my application was verified. They offered me an interview on Jan 27th and helped sort out some of the problems with my applications immediately through the phone so that was really pleasant. I went to the interview on the 27th and received an acceptance on the 31st. So the response is crazy fast.

Here are my stats if it helps:
Pcat: composite 99
Chem: 99
Bio: 90
Eng: 87
Quant: 96
Writing: 3/5
Pharmcas Overall gpa: 3.4
Pharmcas Science gpa: 3.2 (lacking a bit haha)
Only 1 & 1/2 year of being a pharmacy tech at CVS and moderate extra curriculars. Will be getting a bachelors in Biochem in the spring at Hunter College.

Interview definitely took me by surprise. For my interview they had me speak to two faculty members. And the kinds of questions they asked were not typical. Prepare for the usual "why pharmacy ?" questions but also be able to think on your feet when questions about the industry are brought up. My advice is to really connect with your interviewers and definitely ask them questions.

Not a cookie cutter interview. I will be accepting my seat so see you guys in the fall.

Last edited:
Hey, I am also an international applicant and I was just wondering if UB is intentionally leaving blanks
on the application site that they gave us.
My Toefl score is not there, and my current enrollment(or degree expectation) at UB is not indicated there.
I'm just really nervous because UB is my first choice.