University at Buffalo Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dipity1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who received a letter for an interview for this program. It is for NY state residents who haven't gotten into med school. However, the school that is sponsoring him was a school to which he never sent in a secondary. If he completed the 1 year, tuition free +stipend program with at least a B in each class he gets automatic acceptance in University of Buffalo Med School. How the heck is this possible when he didn't even send in a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. All of these school participate in the NY Post Bac held at UB:

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at Hofstra University
New York Medical College
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo, SUNY
Stony Brook University School of Medicine
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
SUNY Upstate Medical University
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry

For example, if you friend applied to Rochester, Stony Brook might send him a offer if he completes the Post Bac at Buffalo. Even if your friend didn't apply to Stony Brook directly.

http://www.amsny.org/initiatives/diversity-medicine/post-baccalaureate-program

He said when he called he was told that it was University at Buffalo that will hold a spot for him if he completes the program. He did not send in a secondary though.

Do they offer this to OOS applicants as well?
I lived in NYC all my life, moved here to the midwest several years ago. Would really love it if they would consider me instate...