university honor codes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the question is Were you ever on academic or disciplinary probation; have you ever been charged with, penalized for, or adjudicated guilty of a violation of a college or university honor code; or have you ever been suspended or dismissed from any educational institution?

was wondering if parking fines and meter tickets pertain to this? would appreciate your help. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

if you get a parking ticket, I think you can still get into dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha!!!! This is the funniest post I have ever seen!

A parking ticket???? Dental school should be the least of your worries, you should just be glad that you didn't get sent to Gitmo.....

I would be in trouble if that were the case...

Teacher's parking was oh so tempting. I guess that's why I got about a ticket a month and almost got banned from on campus parking! Oooops :)

i just need to know if i have to report this or not....i already got accepted. I just confused whether or not parking fines and meter tickets pertain to university honor code......i guess i was concerned about the future when i try to get lincensed whether or not theyre gonna be like, you failed to mention multiple parking fines and so worth and having an inaccurate record......

so is this part of honor code and should i report this?

Oh, no, you don't have to mention it. You'd need to mention something like a DUI, but you wouldn't need to mention parking tickets, EVERYONE gets parking tickets! Those parking enforcement people at some schools can be total nazi's! Honor code refers to cheating and plagiarism really.

Since we are on the subject. I would assume that the only time someone has to mention driving violation is if they are charged with a DUI.

what do DUI'S or parking tickets have to do with honor codes or anything having to do with education at your University? Parking tickets??????
Seriously....I mean Seriously????? Parking tickets

what do DUI'S or parking tickets have to do with honor codes or anything having to do with education at your University? Parking tickets??????
Seriously....I mean Seriously????? Parking tickets

Parking tickets are pointless, but I think DUI's are another story. Being a dentist comes with many ethical responsibilities, and I think it's more than reasonable for them to judge your character based on actions outside of your educational endeavors.

I agree, but if you mend your mistake, do something to help others with volunteering, madd or A.A. and if there was time between ur f up and application time, it won't be the end all be all for u getting into school.
As long as it was once and it was a misdemeanor
Drinkin and drivin is bad.....mmkay