University of Arizona COP Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh yea and Marty said they sometimes notify people alphabetically, they'll just go down the list from A-Z. Other years they've done the opposite, from Z-A. So maybe that's all it's coming down to--a matter of where your last name is on a list.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be going out in batches all week. There's a ton of spots left for interviewing and I think only 197 applied this year...which makes our chances better than ever! :happy:
where did you get the number of applicants from

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yea and Marty said they sometimes notify people alphabetically, they'll just go down the list from A-Z. Other years they've done the opposite, from Z-A. So maybe that's all it's coming down to--a matter of where your last name is on a list.
hmm that is interesting

I emailed her and asked right after the deadline had ended.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be going out in batches all week. There's a ton of spots left for interviewing and I think only 197 applied this year...which makes our chances better than ever! :happy:
Thats not a lot of applicants. I wonder how many people they will invite to interviews. On the brought side as it stands with 197 applicants that gives us a 51% chance.

Hooray! Interview received at 4:15pm today :hardy: My last name starts with 'H' if that means anything to anybody.
My non-science gpa: 3.23; science gpa: 3.32

Reactions: 1 users
Hooray! Interview received at 4:15pm today :hardy: My last name starts with 'H' if that means anything to anybody.
My non-science gpa: 3.23; science gpa: 3.32
They probably went backwards alphabetically my last name starts with a S.

Got my email at 4:03pm! Woo woo!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received my interview invite on 1/6. Interviewing on 2/7 :) anyone else sign up for that day?

I would believe this... I received an interview invite on Jan 5th and my last name is a Y

Is anyone interviewing on January 30th?

Anyone still did not receive invitation?
Mine's still 'Application is Under Consideration.'

Anyone still did not receive invitation?
Mine's still 'Application is Under Consideration.'

Mine says the same thing. However, I'm from out of state so I know they hear back last. Are you from Arizona?

Good luck to those of you interviewing tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck today, guys! Relax, you'll be fine ^.^

Can you give an overview of what it was like? How it was organized?
Get there early like the email says especially if your driving hard to find parking . First thing you do is get your picture taken. You get a packet that tells you how your day will be organized. ( showcase , interview , essay, tour and reception) You also get a mentor for the day. Everyone is very nice, just relax and do your best.

how long was the interview itself?

it sounds like the interview itself was pretty short. Some schools have an all-day interview with group and multiple individual interviews. Do you feel like you had enough time to make an impression and convey what you'd hoped to the committee?

showcase 30 min
tour 30 min
interview 30 min ( plenty of time to leave an impression ) interview is one on one.
essay 25 min

How brutal was the interview, for me that is the most nerve racking part of the whole interview process? Were you satisfied with your one-on-one interview? Sorry for the questions. I feel like I am ready to vomit thinking about being tortured by the interviewer.

How brutal was the interview, for me that is the most nerve racking part of the whole interview process? Were you satisfied with your one-on-one interview? Sorry for the questions. I feel like I am ready to vomit thinking about being tortured by the interviewer.
I'm on the same boat. I'm sure I've lost 20 years off my life just stressing about the interview and the questions.

Anyone here who is interviewing this Friday? I can't believe it's only 3 more days and then I can start my next round of anxiety waiting for them to announce who's been accepted

Marty said decisions won't be made until feb 27

Reactions: 1 users
Any out of state students get an invite?

Does anyne know that if the interview is open file or closed file?
Thanks!

Does anyne know that if the interview is open file or closed file?
Thanks!
They basically see everything but your grades. My interviewer showed me what he could see about me and it was basically my work experience, volunteer work, and what my references wrote about me.

Hey guys I'm out of state and got an interview invite last Thursday. I took Feb 13 and believe there were still 15 spots open for that date.

Anyone have an interview tomorrow?

For those who interviewed on 2/13 did they happen to give a date that we would be finding out? They said the 27th when I interviewed but I heard that date got pushed back til the first week in March.

For those who interviewed on 2/13 did they happen to give a date that we would be finding out? They said the 27th when I interviewed but I heard that date got pushed back til the first week in March.
I heard this from a friend just a few days ago, it's still just a rumor as fsr as i know.

I heard this from a friend just a few days ago, it's still just a rumor as fsr as i know.
we were told that due to a scheduling issue we probably won't hear until the first week of march and to go ahead and submit our fasfa as undergraduate because its due 3\1 and we can update it later.
Was anyone else told the same?

we were told that due to a scheduling issue we probably won't hear until the first week of march and to go ahead and submit our fasfa as undergraduate because its due 3\1 and we can update it later.
Was anyone else told the same?
:bang: so frustrating! Did they tell this to you on your interview day?

:bang: so frustrating! Did they tell this to you on your interview day?
Yes, we were told this at the end of our interview. So make sure you submit your FASFA even if we don't hear.