University of Arizona COP Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was Anyone who interviewed on the 13th told the same thing or anything different? Or know if denials went out yet, usually those go out a few days before.

Members don't see this ad.

Man, I wish they would stick to what they told us. But we've waited this long, what's a few days more :bigtears:

Reactions: 1 users
Man, I wish they would stick to what they told us. But we've waited this long, what's a few days more :bigtears:
I hope it's today my nerves can't take a few more days!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called Marty and she said they are meeting today at 3pm and hopefully has the announcements out before 5 or else it should not take anytime longer than Tuesday! Wish you luck everyone :D

Reactions: 2 users
I called Marty and she said they are meeting today at 3pm and hopefully has the announcements out before 5 or else it should not take anytime longer than Tuesday! Wish you luck everyone :D
omg thank you for calling!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in!!!!!!! Last name begins with P if it helps any one!!!!!

OH MY GOD IM IN. I CANT EVEN. They didn't send an email, I just read all of you checking your status page!! I may cry!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I didn't receive an e-mail either

I didn't get an email and I got updated through my application page too! See you in August my fellow classmates!

anyone know if there is a Facebook page for the class of 2019 yet??

Check your status page. Mine says I was accepted! =)

Does anyone know how many people they usually take from the alternate list? Congrats to all that have already been accepted.

Does anyone know how many people they usually take from the alternate list? Congrats to all that have already been accepted.
Usually 12-20 people. Last year they took close to 30 so it all depends on how many people decline their offer and if they pass their classes. You can make an appointment with Marty to see what you can do to make yourself more competive for next year and where you stand on the list this year I think.

Did anyone get accepted that doesn't have a bachelors or did not complete their undergrad at U of A ?? Just asking because I am from a community college with no degree and was wondering what my chances of getting in would be. Thanks!

Did anyone get accepted that doesn't have a bachelors or did not complete their undergrad at U of A ?? Just asking because I am from a community college with no degree and was wondering what my chances of getting in would be. Thanks!

I think you're good! I don't have a degree just did my prereqs (most at UA, a couple at PCC). If you have volunteering and a decent science GPA your chances should be good.

I did not receive a bachelor. I did do the majority of my course work at the UA with a few at a community college. To be considered competitive to the college you need at least three semesters full time in a row, experience in a pharmacy setting, community service, strong letters of recommendation, a pcat score in the range of past years, good gpas (science 3.5 and up) to be considered competitive.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I was put on the alternate list....

Thanks everyone! I was put on the alternate list....
Don't give up hope, many people are taken off the alternate list each year. If you don't come off the alternate list always improve and reapply! I think its about 20% of reapplicants get accepted. =)

Yes. 100% cc classes. I followed the recommendations from the Pharm club meetings. This was my first time applying to the COP and I was fortunate to get accepted. There are a lot of tasks that need to be completed successfully prior the start of the semester for admitted students. Don't give up hope, I’m sure alternates will be getting called up.

Last edited:
Yes. 100% cc classes. I followed the recommendations from the Pharm club meetings. This was my first time applying to the COP and I was fortunate to get accepted. There are a lot of tasks that need to be completed successfully prior the start of the semester for admitted students. Don't give up hope, I’m sure alternates will be getting called up.
What is your first name?

I have decided to give up my seat. Best of luck to those of you who are on the waitlist!

Does anyone know if they started pulling from the waiting list yet?
Probably wont happen until Spring grades are posted in June. I am patiently waiting as well but accepted another offer just in case.

Does anyone know if they started pulling from the waiting list yet?
One of my friends who got wait listed actually got a call from Marty last Monday to tell him he got in. However, he did graduate in December so I don't know if that had an effect or not.

Those who were offered a spot on Feb27th had to accept or reject by Mar13. I imagine the waiting list will start to whittle down :)

Congratulations everyone, if you have any questions about the curriculum or what to expect just message me.

Good luck!! And try to survive orientation!!!