University of Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Curtis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any word on if U of A is expanding their number of interns this year? During the interview they mentioned expanding the incoming class by 2 or 3, but I haven't heard since if it actually happened.

Members don't see this ad.

Any word on if U of A is expanding their number of interns this year? During the interview they mentioned expanding the incoming class by 2 or 3, but I haven't heard since if it actually happened.

Yep.. 16 categoricals and 2 Peds/EM which is 3 more categorical than the current interns. If you have other questions PM me.

Fetus..

arizona was really high up on my list, but i have not gotten an interview invite from them yet...does anyone know if they are done sending out invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the list of people invited. PM me and I can see if you are on it. I dont believe we usually give out invites after this but who knows.. this yr might be an exception.

rumor is we might be cutting back the intern class to 13 plus the 2 combined spots but ive been in ICU land and am not sure. We are interviewing way more than normal so using that criteria I think we might not be cutting our numbers.

FYI we normally interview 5-6 applicants per spot whereas the national average is prob closer to 10-12, so getting that interview is a little tough.

I have the list of people invited. PM me and I can see if you are on it. I dont believe we usually give out invites after this but who knows.. this yr might be an exception.

rumor is we might be cutting back the intern class to 13 plus the 2 combined spots but ive been in ICU land and am not sure. We are interviewing way more than normal so using that criteria I think we might not be cutting our numbers.

FYI we normally interview 5-6 applicants per spot whereas the national average is prob closer to 10-12, so getting that interview is a little tough.

I haven't yet heard from U of A. Does that mean that I will be receiving a rejection, since you're saying you have all the invitations?

I haven't yet heard from U of A. Does that mean that I will be receiving a rejection, since you're saying you have all the invitations?

dont know.. maybe there will be a 2nd wave...