University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences or Samford University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rx1982

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Washington State and thinking about going to the south for my PharmD.Only, after reviewing all my options (Mississipi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama) the choice comes down to two schools and I am having a hard time deciding which school I want to attend. UAMS-Cop in Little Rock Arkansas or McWhorter-Cop in Alabama.:confused: I've listed down some pro's and cons for each school but

Samford:
cons: Class size 150, tuition $30K/year (private)
pros: bigger city (Birmingham)

UAMS:
cons: smaller city (Little Rock),
pros: class size 120, tuition $24K (public), and some family living in Searcy.

Given these, I feel that it is not enough and need additional infos (experiences from people in the program, pros and cons that might help me make a final decision.

Help.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have any questions about Birmingham itself, I can help you out. I go to University of AL at Birmingham, so I've been here for 3 years. Haha.

I'm applying to Samford. I have a friend that goes there, and I can relay any specific questions as well.

Where did you get $24K for UAMS tuition? It's gone up from that amount.

Yeah, it's $30k for out of state tuition. I am debating myself whether it is worth it to pay out of state since it is a public institution afterall.

Could anyone shed some light on this?