You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of British Columbia Application Thread
Started by hasan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yay for more seats this year. Good luck to us all! Remember, the application will be available in November 2010.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was stressful for me just to read the UBC 2010 thread. Good luck this year lllix!
Based on threads from previous years, it looks like the application actually comes out before November, around 3rd week of October? So....stay tuned and definitely check the site before November hits.
Have you guys already taken the PCAT? I'm studying my butt off for the october one 🙁
Hey me too, Are you using Kaplan only? I am struggling with Quantitative reasoning section, it seems Kaplan is not enough for this section! are you using other sources?Have you guys already taken the PCAT? I'm studying my butt off for the october one 🙁
Hey me too, Are you using Kaplan only? I am struggling with Quantitative reasoning section, it seems Kaplan is not enough for this section! are you using other sources?
Yeah, right now I'm only using Kaplan. I did pretty good on the quantitative part on the diagnostics test so I haven't really looked into that section yet.
Last edited:
slightly off topic:
How do you guys feel about enetering the pharmacy program considering the US seems to be saturated with pharmacists?
Is the job market still good in BC?
And will it continue to be good once UBC increasses their enrollment (atleast 50 for seats correct?)
How do you guys feel about enetering the pharmacy program considering the US seems to be saturated with pharmacists?
Is the job market still good in BC?
And will it continue to be good once UBC increasses their enrollment (atleast 50 for seats correct?)
I just hope that the increase in seats doesn't lead to a crazy amount of increase in applicants.
I'm actually studying for the PCAT too although I've kinda hit a slump with Ochem since I'm still in first year. Although I was told that the Ochem on the PCAT is super basic.
I'm actually studying for the PCAT too although I've kinda hit a slump with Ochem since I'm still in first year. Although I was told that the Ochem on the PCAT is super basic.
hey guys!
I'm also applying for the 2011 cycle and I was just wondering who you guys are planning to get your reference letters from?
I also have this same question. My options are: university professor (who has known me for about 1.5 years), a pharmacy manager who I volunteered for (known for about 5 months), a pharmacy owner/pharmacist who I have volunteered for (known for about 5 months), and finally a highschool principal (known for about 15 years, I went back and volunteered there also). I was thinking maybe I should ask them all to write me a reference letter and then pick two.
anyone know when august pcat scores will reach van?
really just wanted to bump.
really just wanted to bump.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what, who cares when the thread is made... its going to be made eventually. Your post was not necessary.
wow you guys made the thread already?!
i made the one for 2010 applicants. haha.
So what, who cares when the thread is made... its going to be made eventually. Your post was not necessary.
Good job being a jerk on the first page of this thread.
So what that post was ******ed
You've just been reported to the moderators.
OMG Im shaking IM SOOOO SCARED, like I can't live without these forums... HAHAH... I've been reported to the Mods, big whoop I really don't care. I can speak my mind if I want... and I don't care if you like it or not.
You've just been reported to the moderators.
OMG Im shaking IM SOOOO SCARED, like I can't live without these forums... HAHAH... I've been reported to the Mods, big whoop I really don't care. I can speak my mind if I want... and I don't care if you like it or not.
riiight. which is why you deleted your post. Not trying to scare you. Just alerting you to the fact that your comments and behavior are against the SDN terms of service.
Perhaps this exchange would work better by PM so you guys don't take up too many posts with this discussion.
Otherwise, please keep things civil and enjoy the thread.
Otherwise, please keep things civil and enjoy the thread.
Perhaps this exchange would work better by PM so you guys don't take up too many posts with this discussion.
Otherwise, please keep things civil and enjoy the thread.
Sorry? I'm not here to argue with anyone. Just waiting for the mods to do their job. But I agree with the sentiment of keeping things civil (hence why myself and others alerted roid that his behavior was not acceptable here)
Paid the 20 bucks and got my August PCAT score -- 91 percentile composite. Chemistry and Biology saved my horrible English scores (99 and 91 percentile compared to 76 Verbal and 58 reading comprehension).
I have about a 78 pre-req average and 83 overall, hope it all adds up to an acceptance.
I'm also a 4th year life science student at UBC, finishing my BSc this year.
I have about a 78 pre-req average and 83 overall, hope it all adds up to an acceptance.
I'm also a 4th year life science student at UBC, finishing my BSc this year.
I am applying this year as well. I paid for the scores too lol. I got 98 on the PCAT.I completed my first year pre reqs in Science and then switched into Commerce. I finished my degree in Commerce last year.
Paid the 20 bucks and got my August PCAT score -- 91 percentile composite. Chemistry and Biology saved my horrible English scores (99 and 91 percentile compared to 76 Verbal and 58 reading comprehension).
I have about a 78 pre-req average and 83 overall, hope it all adds up to an acceptance.
I'm also a 4th year life science student at UBC, finishing my BSc this year.
I just want to inform everyone that they only look at pre-req average... I think? The website said nothing about calculating your average based on other non-related courses
I'm gambling on the Jan PCAT since I'm a first year student ^_^
Hope I get like a 85% or something
I'm gambling on the Jan PCAT since I'm a first year student ^_^
Hope I get like a 85% or something
So what, who cares when the thread is made... its going to be made eventually. Your post was not necessary.
wth is your problem? I was just making a comment.
funny how you have already finished a degree, yet still have less maturity than a 2nd year university student. ha

OMG Im shaking IM SOOOO SCARED, like I can't live without these forums... HAHAH... I've been reported to the Mods, big whoop I really don't care. I can speak my mind if I want... and I don't care if you like it or not.
You really have some growing up to do
Stick to the thread like the MOD said if you want to TRY insulting me PM me instead.. So these ppl reading don't have to see all this.
You really have some growing up to do
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alrighty folks let's stay on topic here.👍
lol keeping us in line is how the mods moderate here? How about banning the person who violated the terms of service when he used offensive language ("******ed")?
Just a quick question, if you take a pharmacy elective before you actually enter the BSc Pharm program (for instance an FNH course), does it still count towards your electives once you enter pharm?
Definitely! Just make sure you look at the most recent list of pharmacy-approved electives, as of course it is subject to change (though I haven't noticed any changes).
Definitely! Just make sure you look at the most recent list of pharmacy-approved electives, as of course it is subject to change (though I haven't noticed any changes).
Awesome, thanks for your quick reply!
anyone know if there will be an increase in number of applicants because of the increase in number of seats?
3
353708
Hello everyone. =)
I'm a second year BSc doing this for the first time. Been reading the 2010 thread. People here seem so competent! I feel so completely unprepared/unfit for pharm school. x.X
I don't know if it's the increased number of seats that's doing it, but so, *so* many people I know are going for pharmacy. Two former roommates, five high school acquaintances, seven new friends at UBC. I can't imagine how many people are applying this year. 😵
I'm a second year BSc doing this for the first time. Been reading the 2010 thread. People here seem so competent! I feel so completely unprepared/unfit for pharm school. x.X
I don't know if it's the increased number of seats that's doing it, but so, *so* many people I know are going for pharmacy. Two former roommates, five high school acquaintances, seven new friends at UBC. I can't imagine how many people are applying this year. 😵
D
deleted354025
Hey guys! I'm a second-year BSc at UBC and finally decided to get an account after lurking around these forums for god knows how long. Just finished reading the 2010 thread and I guess we're all in for a lot of drama together for the next year or so? 🙂 Nice to meet you all!
Last edited by a moderator:
3
353708
Hey all - I got my PCAT results! Can someone tell me if our writing scores are looked at by UBC?
D
deleted354025
Hey all - I got my PCAT results! Can someone tell me if our writing scores are looked at by UBC?
That's great! I'm not sure myself, but according to last year's thread they don't consider it at all.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=678260&page=6
M
mpchiang
Anybody selling Dr. Collins PCAT study guide???
I am! I'm selling it for $150. It also comes with some other useful materials that I used for the PCAT (practice Pearson test questions)
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3
353708
Thanks Chestnut! ^^
Good luck to those taking the Oct PCAT! Remember to stay calm. =)
Good luck to those taking the Oct PCAT! Remember to stay calm. =)
D
deleted354025
I also have this same question. My options are: university professor (who has known me for about 1.5 years), a pharmacy manager who I volunteered for (known for about 5 months), a pharmacy owner/pharmacist who I have volunteered for (known for about 5 months), and finally a highschool principal (known for about 15 years, I went back and volunteered there also). I was thinking maybe I should ask them all to write me a reference letter and then pick two.
I have a problem with my LORs as well. I wasn't very active on campus last year and never went to any office hours or did research or anything like that (yes I regret it), so I don't know any professors personally. This year, all my courses have 300+ students per section and office hours are like seeing the doctor - you have 10-20 mins to get your problem resolved and off you go. I only have one solid reference from my volunteer work and I have no idea what to do about the other one. I've tried applying for on-campus jobs but none of them ever replied. No idea what to do now - any suggestions? 🙁
3
353708
Lols I dont even have one solid reference yet. Haven't been involved in my first year at UBC. x.x Can't help but wonder whether it'd be going too far to run back to high school and get former teachers to ref for me. Wouldn't that sort of show that you haven't been getting involved since Gr. 12?
I know we're talking about references here, but can someone tell me what LOR stands for?
I know we're talking about references here, but can someone tell me what LOR stands for?
Lols I dont even have one solid reference yet. Haven't been involved in my first year at UBC. x.x Can't help but wonder whether it'd be going too far to run back to high school and get former teachers to ref for me. Wouldn't that sort of show that you haven't been getting involved since Gr. 12?
I know we're talking about references here, but can someone tell me what LOR stands for?
LOR stands for Letter Of Recommendation. The americans use that term more, UBC requires a reference letter which basically serves the same purpose.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K