University of Buffalo tuition question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNtoMD4sure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am looking at this page o their school website which breaks down tuition.

Here is the link:
http://financialaid.buffalo.edu/costs/dentalcost.php

I was curious how much of the Housing can be cut if I find a off campus room and what is boarding?

Can someone who goes to this dental school share with the rest of us which categories can really be cut down to reduce cost? I think Housing, definitely but what about books and supplies? Is that set fee they will take out?

Can you buy books from else where, cheaper or older editions or use some other books that are better/cheaper.

Just trying to see which areas on this expenses chart are not definite and I would have control over it.

Members don't see this ad.

You can absolutely shave about $10,000 from the estimated expenses by not purchasing texts, waiving the school insurance by having your parents or Medicaid, and living off campus cheaply (my monthly living expenses come to about $1,000).

Do you also know if its still relatively easy to switch to in-state tuition if out-of -state?

I think I read after 1 year its doable. Is this true?

You can absolutely shave about $10,000 from the estimated expenses by not purchasing texts, waiving the school insurance by having your parents or Medicaid, and living off campus cheaply (my monthly living expenses come to about $1,000).

Members don't see this ad :)