University of Charleston School of Pharmacy C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from Michigan here that got accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Is UCWV a pretty good pharmacy school?

It depends on what you're looking for in a pharmacy school. If you're wanting to be adequately prepared for a residency after school, I would highly suggest going elsewhere that has a more established program. However, if your end goal is merely retail pharmacy, UC is just fine for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they fairly strict on acceptances or what range of applicants do they normally look at.

Are they fairly strict on acceptances or what range of applicants do they normally look at.

In my opinion, they are not selective when it comes to acceptances. UCSOP, being a relatively new program, seems to attract students who cannot get into their primary and secondary choices. Unfortunately, these said students are usually lower performers than their fellow applicants (hence the reason they are not competitive and denied at more established schools). Plus, I know a handful of sub-par students who have been accepted for the upcoming Fall from UC undergrad. Nevertheless, I'm sure they accept some highly-qualified individuals.. but maybe not as many as other institutions.

Thanks for that information. I was curious to know because on their statistics it says they receive around 986 applications, interview x amount and only accept about 80 students which seems kinda low? Are there a lot of people who just apply to apply for the heck of it or what? I know lots of school have many more applicants, but It just seems like 80 is relatively low to what some schools accept.

Thanks for that information. I was curious to know because on their statistics it says they receive around 986 applications, interview x amount and only accept about 80 students which seems kinda low? Are there a lot of people who just apply to apply for the heck of it or what? I know lots of school have many more applicants, but It just seems like 80 is relatively low to what some schools accept.

Well I applied here as my back up school. I knew I would get in because my GPA was well above their average GPA, which is relatively low. Once I got into my #1 school, I gave up my seat. I feel like that's probably what happens for a lot of students that apply here.I think when I went to my interview they said 75% of people that get interviewed will get accepted. I think they know a lot of people are going to pull out.

Greetings prospective pharmacists!

Congratulations to those who are accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear from the program. :luck:

I'm a UCSOP graduate browsing through SDN, reminiscing on my time as a student here :) If any of you have questions about the school, program, or the area...let me know and I'll try my best to answer.

:hello:

Mind me asking what your statistics are/were ?
Hello!
I wanna say thank you for showing interest even though you are finished!
I have my interview coming up...how do you think I should prepare for it ?

Also were you able to get employed easily? Or was it difficult?

Congratulations to those who are accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear from the program. :luck:

I'm a UCSOP graduate browsing through SDN, reminiscing on my time as a student here :) If any of you have questions about the school, program, or the area...let me know and I'll try my best to answer.

Hello!
I wanna say thank you for showing interest even though you are finished!
I have my interview coming up...how do you think I should prepare for it ?

Also were you able to get employed easily? Or was it difficult?

I am from Dallas but I go to school in Austin. Have you had your interview? I would love to have friends from Texas in WV
it would be! hopefully i get in :) are you for sure going there?

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask you guys' statistics?

I am a two-year fast track student.

GPA - 3.96

PCAT - 64% - It would have been much higher if it weren't for an abysmal biology sub-score. I only took the test once.

Applied at:
University of Charleston
Marshall University
West Virginia University
University of Pittsburgh
University of Kentucky

I was accepted to all five schools.

can anyone give me honest pros and cons about this school?

I am applying for ED and I think the pros and cons of any pharmacy school are based primarily on your expectations... Kinda like a thrift shop..."ones man trash...that's another mans come-up" ;)

I have a 3.1 gpa, I got a 78% on my pcat. I don't have any pharmacy experience. But I have a lot of extracurricular activities and leadership skills so I'm thinking that made up for it.

What school are you planning on going to?

I plan on applying here for early admission when it opens up in June. Hope I get in! Worried about my PCAT though :p Congrats by the way!

I am so glad you got in. I am not sure but I sent you private message!

I guess I will re-post! Anyone applying here? :cool:
You may want to start a whole new thread with the class 2018 University of Charleston School of Pharmacy. Since this one is for 2017. Applicants for fall will probably respond to that one better. Just a thought. :)

I interviewed on 2/9 and just received my acceptance letter today. I'm excited! I really didn't have this school on my radar... I applied to it on the whim. But, after I interviewed and saw what it had to offer compared to the other 4 schools I've interviewed at, it left a huge impression on me. Big enough for me to put in my deposit. I'm excited to be apart of the class if 2017!!! Anyone else coming from out of state?? I'm coming from Texas so it'll be a huge change.
How did you like this scjooo ? I am interested in attending this school for the class of 2022.

Hi! I am interested in coming to this school. Can you tell me some of the pros and cons on this program ?