University of Charleston School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mp612

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm posting to see if the applicant who got an interview are going to attend this school? I received my acceptance offer today. The faculty is caring and great because of the small school.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
$32,600 for a year, as the "One of the most affordable private school tuitions in the region"? What a joke~

So, you are basically impressed by a school that was put on probation by ACPE, academically under-performing and will get you 130k in debt? lol

Reactions: 1 users
$32,600 for a year, as the "One of the most affordable private school tuitions in the region"? What a joke~

So, you are basically impressed by a school that was put on probation by ACPE, academically under-performing and will get you 130k in debt? lol
Wow. That is a rip off for pharmacy school. That is as much as a USMD school in state tuition.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

But they have great and caring faculty doe.

Hello,

I'm posting to see if the applicant who got an interview are going to attend this school? I received my acceptance offer today. The faculty is caring and great because of the small school.

you should reconsider going to this school

Don't go to this school. It is sinking titanic. This school is getting fewer and fewer applicants each year due to the incompetent of their program reflecting on the low NAPLEX passing rate (only about 54% passing rate comparing to about 87% of the national average) Most of the top professors, including the dean (the founder of this pharmacy school) already left this school for other jobs. It is not a public school so the tuition is high (it is a for-profit/private school) the program is below average. The future of pharmacist jobs is not expanding. In fact, the pharmacist job market will be reduced by -3%. Therefore, many applicants have dropped and haven't shown up at their scheduled interview with this school. The classrooms are getting more and more empty each year. The school is barely having enough money to pay the salaries. The pharmacy school building is getting depressively quiet year-round. people already thinking about what should they do with that building once they do not have enough students.

Last edited:
This school is in my top 10 to shut down either by losing accreditation or because of finances. I believe most schools will do a teach out due to finances and you can see it by the quality of faculty they have on staff.

IIRC isn't this a horrible school academically? I thought I remember a resident applicant who mentioned there were a couple of UC students who were given the ability to transfer to WVU because of their class standing or something like that?

IIRC isn't this a horrible school academically? I thought I remember a resident applicant who mentioned there were a couple of UC students who were given the ability to transfer to WVU because of their class standing or something like that?
Depending on which portion of the bell curve are you looking at. The NAPLEX reflects the mean.

Depending on which portion of the bell curve are you looking at. The NAPLEX reflects the mean.
I think we are on the same page - but this school's bell curve is massively shifted to the right - their top students are probably average at best at most schools

I went to school at UC and I feel the need to address some of the false claims being made. The above poster (thuthoi)
feels the need to mislead. I know who he is from his username and he was kicked out for failing pharmacokinetics P2 year. He has only made 2 posts here and both are bashing this school.

"Low NAPLEX pass rate"
The school has an 86% average pass rate over the last 10 years, including one year with a 100% pass rate (few schools ever had a perfect year like UC did). There was also ONE year with a pretty bad pass rate, which was 2020, in the middle of a pandmemic. This was not a normal year for the school. Pass rates also dipped nationwide.

"It is a for-profit school"
Blatant lie. It is a non-profit school.

"IIRC isn't this a horrible school academically? I thought I remember a resident applicant who mentioned there were a couple of UC students who were given the ability to transfer to WVU because of their class standing or something like that?"
In 2015, 4 people transferred from UC to WVU. There was one other person who applied to transfer who was denied because of bad grades. Still, 80% of the people who wanted to transfer to WVU were able to transfer. These students were all able to get in-state tuition at WVU despite being from OH, KY, and MD. You guys also accepted that resident applicant you mentioned (intials JL), didn't you?

Also, last time I checked, your school (WVU) was using a textbook written by a UC professor. We had several professors who used to teach at WVU, and one who left UC to teach at WVU. Funny how we share so much faculty, yet for some reason their teaching apparently sucks when they are at UC but is somehow great at WVU.

"the dean (the founder of this pharmacy school) already left this school for other jobs."
The founding dean of the pharmacy school left in 2009. Why are you talking about ancient history? That is what the founding dean does. He founds another new pharmacy school every 5 years or so.

"The classrooms are getting more and more empty each year."
How will these poor students manage to survive with small class sizes and more individualized instruction? The horror!

"The pharmacy school building is depressively quiet"
Having lots of quiet and comfortable places to study is somehow a bad thing? If you like lots of noise and distraction, that might partially explain why you failed pharmacokinetics.

"$32,000 a year, what a joke"
Students from WV and any neighboring state (there are 8 states on the list) get a $4700/year tuition discount. This is a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the other options.

Before I go, I want to say that you should be really careful who you listen to online. I'm glad I went to UC. It was 4 years of hard work, but it was worth it. I had a good time there and made a lot of lifelong friends. UC had a better overall environment than the public university I attended in undergrad. I was able to get a well-paying hospital job right after graduation in a neighboring state without a residency. UC made this possible for me because they placed me there for an APPE and taught me everything I needed to know beforehand. You can listen to the naysayers online, but they probably don't have as good of a job as me. Isn't Employment the goal in the end? No employer cares where you went to school as long as you have a diploma and prove yourself knowledgeable.

I went to school at UC and I feel the need to address some of the false claims being made. The above poster (thuthoi)
feels the need to mislead. I know who he is from his username and he was kicked out for failing pharmacokinetics P2 year. He has only made 2 posts here and both are bashing this school.

"Low NAPLEX pass rate"
The school has an 86% average pass rate over the last 10 years, including one year with a 100% pass rate (few schools ever had a perfect year like UC did). There was also ONE year with a pretty bad pass rate, which was 2020, in the middle of a pandmemic. This was not a normal year for the school. Pass rates also dipped nationwide.

"IIRC isn't this a horrible school academically? I thought I remember a resident applicant who mentioned there were a couple of UC students who were given the ability to transfer to WVU because of their class standing or something like that?"
In 2015, 4 people transferred from UC to WVU. There was one other person who applied to transfer who was denied because of bad grades. Still, 80% of the people who wanted to transfer to WVU were able to transfer. These students were all able to get in-state tuition at WVU despite being from OH, KY, and MD. You guys also accepted that resident applicant you mentioned (intials JL), didn't you?

Also, last time I checked, your school (WVU) was using a textbook written by a UC professor. We had several professors who used to teach at WVU, and one who left UC to teach at WVU. Funny how we share so much faculty, yet for some reason their teaching apparently sucks when they are at UC but is somehow great at WVU.

"the dean (the founder of this pharmacy school) already left this school for other jobs."
The founding dean of the pharmacy school left in 2009. Why are you talking about ancient history? That is what the founding dean does. He founds another new pharmacy school every 5 years or so.

How will these poor students manage to survive with small class sizes and more individualized instruction? The horror!

Having lots of quiet and comfortable places to study is somehow a bad thing? If you like lots of noise and distraction, that might partially explain why you failed pharmacokinetics.

Students from WV and any neighboring state (there are 8 states on the list) get a $4700/year tuition discount. This is a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the other options.

Before I go, I want to say that you should be really careful who you listen to online. I'm glad I went to UC. It was 4 years of hard work, but it was worth it. I had a good time there and made a lot of lifelong friends. UC had a better overall environment than the public university I attended in undergrad. I was able to get a well-paying hospital job right after graduation in a neighboring state without a residency. UC made this possible for me because they placed me there for an APPE and taught me everything I needed to know beforehand. You can listen to the naysayers online, but they probably don't have as good of a job as me. Isn't Employment the goal in the end? No employer cares where you went to school as long as you have a diploma and prove yourself knowledgeable.
The part quoted and directed to me. The answer is no. The person did not get an interview. And I have no idea what his inititals are - I don't remember really much about the individual as I have probably reviewed over 1000 resident applications if not more.

PS - I find if funny a guy with one post is bashing someone who has "only made 2 posts" on the board. lol

Last edited:
Regardless of who you interviewed, WVU did accept a resident from UC with those initials who was in PDC with the 4 transfer students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. UC Class of 2020 got a 58% first time pass rate compared to the national average of 87% and you use the word "dipped". I would say anything more than 2 standard deviations is a dramatic decrease. Also, EVERYONE has had to deal with the pandemic and that is a reason but not an excuse. The average NAPLEX pass rate also increased from 2019 to 2020 so not sure where your pulling data from as I use NABP.

Probably a faculty pretending as a student in order to save the reputation of the sinking ship because that type of speech sounds very familiar. It is broadcasted frequently by faculty to convince their own students to continue to bring money to them. This school is a scam! You will be better financially by avoiding investing too much money into pharmacy school because the job market is retracting. If you have to then at least you should avoid this school. Choose the school with the better program or lower tuition.

About the hospital job that nick "UC2018" are using daily as a title to put everyone down. You may fool a P1 or P2 student but I know too well about the hospital jobs and do not think it is a "good job" that I want. I already secured a job that I love in the pharmaceutical industry and I won't trade it for any of your hospital jobs. Lastly, if everyone notices the attitude injected in the post, that is a typical attitude the student will see from faculty day by day, very childish, very "lovely" :) such entitled Karens! They seem angry and overly responsive maybe because I hit the right spot that they are trying to cover up.

Last edited:
Regardless of who you interviewed, WVU did accept a resident from UC with those initials who was in PDC with the 4 transfer students.
Where are you going with this. Why are you focusing on one of the four students? How do you know the one applicant we had was that specific person? And ya. Like I said. We didn’t interview him. Only reason I mentioned ther applicant because they mentioned how they were “allowed to transfer”. 1. That is not a good look if someone specifically mentions how they were allowed to transfer out of a school. And 2. What the hell does PDC have to do with anything??

"Low NAPLEX pass rate"

"Prove yourself knowledgeable"

I agree! So the first step of working toward being knowledgeable is to avoid the private school with only a 54% passing rate that is trying to cover it up by blaming it on "Covid" LOL! :) Do you agree?

Last edited:
This type of private pharmacy school does not help the future pharmacy student or the current issue of job market saturation. Shutting down some of the worst schools like this will help improve both the quality and quantity aspects. I think soon they will run out of money due to a lack of students interested in the school. Low on money and reputation, the school will also have difficulty attract high-quality faculty. As the final outcome, it will have no choice but to shut itself down.

Last edited:
"How will these poor students manage to survive with small class sizes and more individualized instruction? The horror!"

You said small class size is good then how come your classes are now only about 25% filled so the student must have 4 times more of the so-called "individualized" but the passing rate of your student is still not 100%? instead, it is down to 54%! Small class size advantage at UCSOP is a lie/myth which they have used frequently to fool new students during the interview and now that lie has to be exposed. it doesn't mean that you intend to have a small class size. You are having smaller and smaller class sizes because you don't have enough students and you are trying to cover it up with a lie/myth of "individualized instruction". It seems the more "individualized instruction" your students get the worse they become! Now that is "The horror" of UCSOP program.

Last edited:
"I know who he is from his username and he was kicked out for failing pharmacokinetics P2 year"

FYI I completed the whole program at UCSOP. That is why I know in and out about the darkest secrets of this school. Also, Pharmacokinetic and calculations were my strongest subjects. I was the one to point out the mistakes that Dr. Siddig made during his PK lectures. :) you are not able to shame me because I have nothing to be ashamed of. The one who should be ashamed is you! It showed when you tried to cover it up with "PK fail, P2 kicked out". Intimidating to suppress the truth is no longer work. Personal attacks only backfire on you and tell more about you than affecting me.

Last edited:
"The founding dean of the pharmacy school left in 2009. Why are you talking about ancient history?" Thank you so much for givinging me a chance to elaborate.

I am talking about The Dean Dr. Easton, the "Captain" of the Titanic USCOP. She was the head of UCSOP since the beginning (2009). Together with her assistant, Dr. Gardner, They both jumped off the "Titanic" recently. When the captain and all execute brands, sitting on top of the food chain for many years, decided to jump off the ship altogether at the same time then we know the ship is in seriously bad shape and it is about to sink. Before that many important key faculties such as Dr. Flaherty, Dr. Herman, Dr. Reardon ... and many many more faculty also left the school in just a few months. The school desperately searched for a new Dean and new faculty but the quality of new faculty is not comparable to the top faculty that the school used to have. Many changing from the top down at UCSOP have created a big mess in HR. This caused some unqualified individuals such as Dr. Monk to reach a position that does not fit him at all. He does not have the integrity of a leader that people can trust and follow. He is more like a petty mind guy trying to collect $50 gift cards from "the biggest loser challenge" and the case of Dr. Khan, is so obvious I don't even have to mention him. In a short period of time, the school has changed 3 different Deans to show how chaos the situation is. The third Dean started his job about 2 months ago. I still have a lot of interesting info about how the office politic was played among the faculty. :)

Meanwhile, let's enjoy this "Titanic" anthem

Last edited:
I am guessing thutoi doesn't like the school?

• Haha
I am guessing thutoi doesn't like the school?
Right bro, even though I completed their program I feel this school is a scam because they shamelessly lie to students for their own financial gain despite the uncertain future of their new students. They act very irresponsible because they blame covid; they blame students for the NAPLEX comprehensive knowledge tests but the obvious issues of their own program. They intimidate and viciously attack their own students who dare to raise their voices, to tell the truth about the school to the public. I wish I knew more about this school before I invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in it. I just simply want to share my experience with UCSOP with another new student to let them make their own wise decision; it will take a lot of money and years of their life to find found they are not well equipped for NAPLEX and also facing future job market for pharmacist is getting smaller, more difficult to find a job. Meanwhile, other job markets for healthcare are expanding with high demand! I want the new student to see the job market for the pharmacist 4 years from now after they graduate from the program. Current studies show that the job market for pharmacists will be retracted by -3%.

If the new student still insist to make the investment then the second question is this the school you want to bet the money on for your future? Just like buying an expensive product such as a house or a lifetime investment you have to check carefully to see if the product they are offering is worth your hard-earned money because not all the products are the same in quality. You don't want to pay the premium price for a low-quality product because when the job market getting smaller and saturated, you have to compete more intensively with other newly graduated pharmacists FROM OTHER PHARMACY SCHOOLS around the nation to "prove yourself knowledgeable" to get the hiring.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of the school but they are not currently on probation.

I'm no fan of the school but they are not currently on probation.

Not many pharmacy schools were put on probation but UCSOP is one of few "rare" school was in the "warning" by ACPE in 2014. I did not say it is current. "Background check" doesn't mean the only current violations. It includes the violations in the past which were saved on the record for future reference. The thing I want to emphasize is, as today 2021 the issue with staffing, faculty, and performent are not improving instead it is even getting worst comparing to 2014 when the school was on probation. A lot of staff cut off, the new faculties are not as good as the original ones which greatly affect the students and school performance on a nationwide scale.

The school always does a background check on the students before acceptance. If the students have any past violations they will be more likely to be rejected. So the students should do the same to the school by carrying out a quick "background check" on the school that they are going to put down the investment for their future.

Last edited:
"The founding dean of the pharmacy school left in 2009. Why are you talking about ancient history?" Thank you so much for givinging me a chance to elaborate.

I am talking about The Dean Dr. Easton, the "Captain" of the Titanic USCOP. She was the head of UCSOP since the beginning (2009). Together with her assistant, Dr. Gardner, They both jumped
Dr. Easton was not the founding dean. The school did not open in 2009, it was in 2006 and Richard Stull was the first dean. Easton did not start until much later. Dr. Easton did an okay job, but the school was not somehow dependent on her being there.

Dr. Easton was not the founding dean. The school did not open in 2009, it was in 2006 and Richard Stull was the first dean. Easton did not start until much later. Dr. Easton did an okay job, but the school was not somehow dependent on her being there.
Whatever the detail about what year the school was started or who is the first or last Dean, those are not the main points that I tried to convey. Here is my point; it is unusual when both leaders of the UCSOP, Dean Easton and Dr. Gardner, decided to leave the school altogether at the same time creating a big hole in leadership. Combining with the school's current issues such as quality of faculty, staffing, low applicant, low on finance, student underperformance, retraction of the job market have made the future of UCSOP look very dim. The UCSOP had spent a lot of money for Dr. Gardner to travel all over the country to recruit the new student to quickly realized it did not work. The number of applicants is still decreasing each year at an alarming rate. I think Dean Easton and Dr. Gardner as the leaders foresaw the outcome so they left early to save their reputation for other jobs before the ship is totally under the water.

As the domino effect, the sudden left of the top leaders has created the second wave of quitting jobs among the faculty which greatly affected the quality of the program. For example, one male professor besides teaching his subject was also assigned to teach pharmacoeconomic, which is not his expertise, left behind by a female professor who quitted for a better pharmacy school. Ironically, the next semester that male professor also quit his job as well. Those who have some decency, gradually left the school because they no longer wanted to lie to students to keep their jobs. But the more important thing is they do not see the future in UCSOP.

UCSOP used to promise to give a student a $200 visa gift card if he or she is able to "fool" a friend or a relative to buy a "Titanic ticket" to cruise toward "job market retraction" land. But as of today, the bait is reduced from a $200 visa gift card to a $50 voucher for the UC store LOL! This somehow reveals the financial situation of the school. More than ever the school needs more students so the prize should be increased instead of the $50 voucher. Luring a friend to board a sinking ship for a $50 voucher? Now that a "good" friend I want to stay away. This year their class is only 25% filled (only 35 students over 140 capacity of the large lecture hall). Since the school has to pay 6 figure salaries for "clinically useless karens" how long can the school afford it?

As the tradition, the P1 has to take the picture with faculty after the white coat ceremony and the picture will be posted in the hallway of the pharmacy building. This year, for the first time, there is no faculty in the picture (only P1 students). This is unusual, maybe they are no longer take pride in what they are doing; They just want to anonymously collect the paychecks and hang on to the boat. I totally understand why they are feeling and acting that way because in today's situation they are not helping anyone or anything either the student, the job market or the integrity of the profession as a whole.

Today's Insider jokes (These jokes are circling among the students)
1. The sun rose in the East (former Dean Dr. Easton) and will set in the west (current Dean of UCSOP a guy named Weston)
2. monk's key business is called the monkey business.
3. Here comes (the entitled) Karen! (How to spot a Karen in UCSOP? most of them walking around acting like "here comes the king/queen" carrying a fatty belly due to lack of discipline in their life and are hooked on soda, snacks, junk foods)

Last edited:
So why do you feel the need to badmouth the school? If you did actually graduate, you know this would do nothing but devalue your degree. If it hated it so much, why didn't you just transfer to WVU or Marshall? This was an option for anyone who didn't have a terrible GPA. Like the the other poster said, people who wanted to leave could go to WVU. We also had people who transferred in to UC from other pharmacy schools, so I'm sure you knew this was an option.

EDIT: The most recent NAPLEX pass rate for UC was 77% in 2021. AS expected, they had ONE really bad year that this guy likes to exaggerate.

Last edited:
So why do you feel the need to badmouth the school? If you did actually graduate, you know this would do nothing but devalue your degree. If it hated it so much, why didn't you just transfer to WVU or Marshall? This was an option for anyone who didn't have a terrible GPA. Like the the other poster said, people who wanted to leave could go to WVU. We also had people who transferred in to UC from other pharmacy schools, so I'm sure you knew this was an option.
You should go back and read my posts which have all the answers to your questions. Here I give you some help. I already completed their whole program. I am comfortable now so thank you for transferring blah blah ... You call it "badmouth" because simply you want to cover the lies up. Instead, just tell me which part of my post is incorrect. I just want to share my experience with the new or potential students to help them to avoid mistakes.

This is for the student currently living in the dorm (East apartment), there are a lot of cheaper apartments around the school. You will save so much money by living off-campus that you can buy a new car with cash after four years. The lowest cost to live in the dorm (East Apartment) is $7,500 per year per student. With that price, the dorm will put 4 students in one room. I have helped few students moved out of the dorm and save a lot of money. For example, two P2 students now living off-campus and able to reduce the annual housing cost from $15000 ($7500 x 2 students) down to $4050 per year for both of them. In addition, the two-bedroom they are living in is more spacious than the jam pack 4 students per room of the dorm. The most important thing is the landlord is a million times nicer than the**holes school administrators. So each of these two students is now saving about $5000 per year per student. If they live off-campus for the whole fours years each of them will save about $20,000. Which is enough to buy a new car after graduation from housing cost saving. The school usually puts the housing cost on their website so the potential student uses that info to calculation the living cost. But this year the school is no longer do that. They know that their prices are not competitive so are trying to hide it from a potential student and make it harder for the student to obtain info about the total cost. If you currently living in a single dorm room the amount of savings is even high (about $7000 per year). The sooner you move out of the dorm the more you will save. Usually, the newbie P1 will accept to live in the dorm because they are not familiar with the area yet. But after the first year, many of them start to move out of the dorm and cut costs. It is a smart move especially when the future earning as a pharmacist is uncertain. as a P1 you should start to search for off-campus options and ask around other pharmacy students how much do they pay for their housing. When you are ready to move out; the only problem is the school won't let you move until the end of the school year. Unlike the off-campus apartments which charge you only month by month, the school dorm charges and holds you by the contract for the whole year to keep you in their dorm as long as they can. If you decide to move out early, too bad the school still charges you for a whole year of housing.

In addition, apartment rules are also much less restricted than a dorm. So you will have more freedom to bring classmates home for group studying at your comfortable place or having a celebration. If you do that in the dorm the school will treat you like a "murder criminal". They put you on the trial hearing, making you feel like a prisoner in an expensive concentration camp. In addition, the layout of the east apartment is a death trap during the fire because the hallway is tube-like narrow and long. Black smoke, four students per room, and a panic crowd will quickly jam and block that tubing hallway if a fire breaks out. Lastly, there was a dead pharmacy student living in that dorm (East Apartment) due to an overdose of illegal drug abuse. His name was PATRICK SCHNUR. After the final, most of the students went out for dinner before flying home for the break. However, the guy took that opportunity to stay back alone in his dorm room to "celebrate" by doing drugs and got overdose (how ironically "bright" druggist!). Because he wanted to hide his secret from everyone so when his respiratory system collapsed by the drug overdose, nobody was there to recuse him until his roommate (Roger) came back and it was too late. The bizarre thing was UCSOP had created a scholarship under his name PATRICK SCHNUR. WTH?!! Sometimes the act of those karens is beyond disgusting! Imagine, if that guy is still alive and as a pharmacist, he surely will treat himself to a buffet of "all-you-can-opioids!" So for those who are living in the dorm (East Apartment), you may be sleeping in the bed of a dead guy and the school does not want you to know that! If you hear someone knocking on your door but nobody standing outside then It may be PATRICK SCHNUR wandering is around the dorm looking for some Adderall he hid in your closet!

Last edited:
Most schools charge a premium to live in the dorms. You are paying for the convenience of not having to commute every day. The school does not force you to live in the dorms in pharmacy school, it is 100% optional and I never chose to live there.

Patrick Schnur's death was not an accident, it sounded like a suicide, everyone knows this. He had been publicly rejected by a girl who was out of his league right after finals and he couldn't deal with it.

Last edited:
Most schools charge a premium to live in the dorms. You are paying for the convenience of not having to commute every day. The school does not force you to live in the dorms in pharmacy school, it is 100% optional and I never chose to live there.

Patrick Schnur's death was not an accident, it was an obvious suicide, everyone knows this. He had been publicly rejected by a girl who was out of his league right after finals and he couldn't deal with it.
If UCSOP forces students to live in the dorm then its shutdown day will come even sooner. I only see students moving out of the dorm. I don't see many or any students moving back to the dorm for the "convenience" after moving out.

Being a UCSOP faculty but this karen is reasoning/lying/fabricating like a 5 years old kid such as blaming covid for the incompetence of UCSOP's program (only 54% NAPLEX pass rate compared to 87% of the national average) or the magic of UCSOP's "individualized instruction." OK Let's assume that you are not lying again this time so Patrick Schnur killed himself because he could not get a pu**y. Was that the reason UCSOP created a scholarship under his name? If so then it is even more disgusting. Kevin Nguyen, an Asian student, also died after the final due to cardiac complications. Why didn't you use his name for the scholarship instead of Patrick Schnur? Why did you treat Patrick Schnur (a white heroin addict) and Kevin Nguyen (an Asian student) differently based on their skin colors/races? Why do you discriminate against your student? Your fiction love/pu**y story fits perfectly with the current situation of your sinking Titanic aka UCSOP. However, it is funny that unlike the movie the captain did not go down with the ship. Instead, together with the best crew members, they all abandoned the ship before it was too late. Now I will expose you for lying ... again! Patrick Schnur's mom (Kathy Schnur) told the newspaper (cripps.edu) that the guy had been many years struggling with anxiety, depression, and drug addiction. She said she lost her son due to heroin addiction. (source: Facing an Opioid Epidemic) Who should we trust, Patrick Schnur's mom or you? Also, after his death, the investigators described his dorm room as a "mini compounding lab!" This is just another example of how the school/faculty is shamelessly lying to the student to cover up their ridiculous acts. Patrick Schnur's mom alone has more decency, and integrity than the whole UCSOP faculty combined. You lie too much your noses now much be as long as Patrick Schnur's erected d*ck! To the nick "UC2018", everything I said I have evidence to back it up. if you have nothing truthful to say but lies after lies then please stay out of my post you sick low-life con man. You are disgusting to me! I call you con man because yourself you know every well the pharmacist is the only one among healthcare professions that is in the retraction (by -3%) indicating it is phasing out/dead-end job which is replaced by technology, amazon, and pharm techs. Yourself, you surely won't suggest your friend and family invest in pharmacy school (such as UCSOP mess) at this moment; So why do you promise to give out $50 vouchers to encourage students to lure their friends and family to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars to feed your school? At this moment, You are not helping students. You don't care if the student will be able to find a full-time job or not after graduation because it is not your responsibility. You are not helping the job market; instead, you are making it worst by flooding the market with your 54% passing rate products. You are not helping the profession as a whole. You are only doing it and lying to the student for your own greed.

Back to Patrick Schnur, a heroin addict aka a pharmacy student at USCOP, whose name was used for a USCOP scholarship (!?), here is another newspaper about him "Like many heroin addicts, Patrick Schnur spent his youth in the revolving door of rehabs and treatment facilities. He'd tried everything to kick his addiction: Suboxone, a drug used to wean addicts off of opioids, and Vivitrol, a monthly injection to relieve opioid cravings. He'd tried therapy and in-patient treatment programs. He'd stay sober for a few months, then relapse again. Each time something seemed to work, suddenly, it wouldn't." (source: What's the Holdup on the Heroin Vaccine?)

Below is the complaint Record from the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy about Patrick Schnur stealing drugs at the pharmacy. David Bowyer, holding a department chair at UCSOP, is currently also one of seven board members of the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy he surely knew the complaints on Patrick Schnur stealing controlled medication while Patrick Schnur was working as an intern under the approval of UCSOP (and pharmacy board). David Bowyer also had all the reports from the police's investigation on the cause of Patrick Schnur's death (heroin!). However, David Bowyer and UCSOP still tried to bend the truth and praised Patrick Schnur as a "hero". This is just rotten to the core of the West Virginia Board of pharmacy and Charleston University School of Pharmacy! Under the leadership of the guys such as David Bowyer, who suppose to protect the integrity of the profession, there is no surprise that the pharmacy profession as a whole and UCSOP specifically have become a sinking Titanic!
stealing drug.jpg

(source: http://www.wvlegislature.gov/legisdocs/reports/agency/P17_FY_2017_13841.pdf)

Clearly, Patrick Schnur got into the pharmacy with the sole intention, to satisfy his addiction. Imagine, if Patrick Schnur is still alive and as a pharmacist in charge, he surely will treat himself to a buffet of "all-you-can-opioids!" I know that UCSOP is very low on applicants (this year the classes are only 25% filled) But how on earth did UCSOP accept Patrick Schnur to its pharmacy school? How many more drug addicts are now sitting in this school and soon will become pharmacists? How did Patrick Schnur pass the drug test? Did he cheat on the drug test? If so did he violate school policies? Did Patrick Schnur also seriously violate the pharmacy codes by obtaining/possessing and consuming illegal drugs including heroin and controlled medications? Why Patrick Schnur but not Kevin Nguyen, an Asian student, was named for the memorial scholarship? Why did you treat Patrick Schnur (a white heroin addict) and Kevin Nguyen (an Asian student) differently based on their skin colors/races? Why do you discriminate against your student? Observing the way UCSOP praises Patrick Schnur I think this may not be the first case of heroin-addicted pharmacists produced by UCSOP and it also may not be the last case because if you did not know yet, West Virginia (and Charleston is the capital) is number one in the whole nation for illegal drug abuse. If you worked at a pharmacy called "bypass" in Charleston WV you would be amazed because this pharmacy is dispensing almost nothing but a ton of Suboxone daily. It gave me the impression that the whole community was living on Suboxone!

Last edited:
Anyone got a legit source on how many students matriculated this fall?

Anyone got a legit source on how many students matriculated this fall?
UCSOP.jpg

Avoid this school because it is a sinking Titanic. UCSOPs' enrollment has been linearly going down from way above one hundred to only 35 students for the Fall of 2021 and then down to 25 students in the fall of 2022. As of Fall 2023, they have ONLY 12 students yes you heard it right there are only 12 students for Fall 2023 (Souce: pictures of white coat ceremonies). The faculty is complaining many applicants have dropped out or didn't even care to show up on the day of their scheduled interview with this school. (Linsay "lowball straight outta the hood" Acree) The school barely has enough money to pay six-figure salaries for such 35 students. (Kristy "greedy karen, elephant legs" Lucas) As a result, the school has to lay off most of its supporting staff such as clerks, and ITs... The classes are getting smaller and smaller each year. Now the classes are only 25% filled and look very empty. Just like a haunted building, there is no sight of people in the hallway. The pharmacy school building is now getting depressively quiet year-round compared to just a few years ago due to the rapidly declining number of students and staff. Many key faculty members also quit and found their jobs somewhere else because they no longer saw the meaningful purpose or the future in UCSOP, especially after two top leaders of the school including the long-serving Dean Dr. Easton and Dr. Gardner abruptly left the school altogether at the same time for different jobs. The school constantly struggles to fill the empty spaces left behind by staff, faculty, or the Dean. In just a few months the school has changed 3 different deans (update: on 07/22/202022 UCSOP just changed Dean AGAIN!!! The third Dean has gone now the fourth Dean will replace the third one. This further confirms how stable this "Titanic" is!) the school also now still has the vacancy for a department chair (David "gynecomastia" Bowyer) :cool: However, low on money and reputation, the school has difficulty attracting high-quality faculty or student applicants. The faculty is now forced to teach additional classes or subjects that are not his or her expertise because the school could not find replacements for the vacancies. Due to extremely high turnover, the only word to describe the current situation of this school is last-minute CHAOS of a sinking Titanic. Which is detrimentally affecting the stability and quality of their program. This school has only a 54% NAPLEX pass rate compared to 87% of the national average. Every year UCSOP always finds itself among the schools with the lowest scores in the nation. Good sense of humor, last year they blamed it on the students to save the school's reputation. This year the school is trying to blame it on the covid; However, they forgot that Covid affected EVERYONE. Despite the covid, many pharmacy schools around the nation had got a 90% to 100% NAPLEX pass rate which shows how strong and solid those programs are, and collectively the national average wasn't affected by covid at all. In fact, the average score even increased during the covid year (from 86% to 87%). Covid is just a conveniently lame excuse of UCSOP to cover up the real issue about the incompetence of faculties and its below-average program measured in research publications from faculty (only 55.53% vs 100% of the national average) (5) and NAPLEX pass rate from students (only 54% vs 87% of the national average). This school's pass rate has been "consistently" below the national average score year after year even before Covid.

LAME.jpgBesides high tuition, because it is a private school, there is nothing special or outstanding about this school except it was on the news twice for being put on probation by ACPE due to underperformances (1) and one of its pharmacy students, Patrick Schnur, died in his dorm room due to a heroin overdose. (2, 3) Patrick Schnur also used his intern license given by UCSOP and the West Virginia Pharmacy Board to steal medication (4) Clearly, Patrick Schnur got into the pharmacy profession with the sole intention, to satisfy his addiction. People are wondering how did Patrick Schnur passed multiple drug tests? No one knows how many more drug addicts are sitting in this school and will become pharmacists?! Imagine, if Patrick Schnur is still alive and as a pharmacist in charge, he surely will treat himself to a buffet of "all-you-can-opioids." However, the most bizarre thing was that UCSOP has created a scholarship under his name called "Patrick Schnur Memorial Scholarship" and also lied about his cause of death to cover up the truth in an attempt to save the school's reputation. Now, other students are looking up to Patrick Schnur as an "IDOL" of UCSOP. Compared to the death of also another pharmacy student named Kevin Nguyen due to cardiac complications, we can tell they treat their student significantly differently base on race, skin color (warning!) David "gynecomastia" Bowyer, who is holding a department chair at UCSOP, is currently also one of seven members of the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy (4) he surely knew the complaints on Patrick Schnur stealing controlled medication while Patrick Schnur was working as an intern under the approval of UCSOP (and pharmacy board). David "gynecomastia" Bowyer also had all the reports from the police's investigation on the cause of Patrick Schnur's death (heroin!). However,David "gynecomastia" Bowyer and UCSOP still tried to bend the truth and praised Patrick Schnur as a "hero". This is just rotten to the core of the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy and the University of Charleston School of Pharmacy. Under the leadership of the guys such as David "gynecomastia" Bowyer, who suppose to protect the integrity of the profession, there is no surprise that the pharmacy profession as a whole and UCSOP specifically have become a sinking Titanic (6). The People already thinking about what should they do with that pharmacy school building once they do not have enough students. Now, as the last resort, the school heavily targets international students arriving in the United States recently or high school students (Michelle "Pinhead" Knight or Jammie "lipo-cheer" Bero, Titanic tickets, and snake oil door-to-door slimy salesmen) because many of those students are ill-informed about the job market outlook or employment projections. Below is the info about the job market for new pharmacists.

While other healthcare jobs are expanding the pharmacist job is the only one retracting by at least -3% or even more indicating it is phasing out/dead-end job which is replaced by technology (mail order, automation), amazon (an online pharmacy), and pharm techs (taking over the roles of pharmacist such vaccination, verification...). Here is the outcome. "At a minimum, it seems as if a net 10,000 pharmacists will be entering the labor force yearly with nowhere to go. Because of the earlier mention of supply and demand, we would expect massively declining hours, reduced pay, and less attractive working conditions for the future ... Companies like Kroger laid off pharmacists and moved weekly work hours down from 40 to 32. CVS, Walgreens, and Target have been hiring part-time pharmacists rather than full-time. We’ve heard from many pharmacists that they have to take on two part-time jobs because their employer isn’t giving them enough hours." (Source: Pharmacist Job Outlook: Even Worse Than You Thought (2021 Update))

Another report from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics about pharmacist occupational outlook: "Many pharmacists work in retail pharmacies and drug stores, which are expected to lose jobs as more people fill their prescriptions via mail order and online and as pharmacy chains reduce the number of their retail locations. In addition, fewer of these workers are expected to be needed as pharmacy technicians increasingly perform tasks previously done by pharmacists, such as collecting patient information, preparing some types of medications, and verifying the work of other technicians"

Here is another article comparing pharmacists with other jobs.

This is the most recent study (2021) on how the graduating pharmacy student think about the pharmacy: "The positivity of graduating student pharmacists toward a career in pharmacy has deteriorated since 2014" (source: The decline in graduating student pharmacist positivity for the profession of pharmacy - PubMed)

(1) University of Charleston pharmacy school placed on probation
(2) Facing an Opioid Epidemic
(3) What's the Holdup on the Heroin Vaccine?
(4) http://www.wvlegislature.gov/legisdocs/reports/agency/P17_FY_2017_13841.pdf (Search for Patrick Schnur or David Bowyer)
stealing drug.jpg

(5) The rating of UCSOP's academic reputation : (extremely!) LOW
Low Reputation.png

(6)
UCSOP's cruise ship

Last edited:
August 2022 update. the third Deam of UCSOP/"sinking Titanic" just gave up and left the school after being a captain of this "ship" in just a couple of months. The school just has a fourth Dean. Enrollment is continuously decreasing rapidly. Despite the school trying to extend the application deadline and waiving almost all of the requirements, it is only able to get 25 students for this year compared to 35 students last year. that is almost a 30% decrease in attendance in just one year. The faculty is complaining many applicants have dropped out or didn't even care to show up on the day of their scheduled interview with this school. For the school to continue to pay six-figure salaries for the "Karens", these 25 students surely have to pay higher tuition and receive fewer benefits than their upper-class students. For example, instead of getting the leather backpack as a welcome gift now the new student only gets a cheap plastic Walmart-style bag to carry their documents.

When the second Dean abruptly quit her job at UCSOP it took the school a long time to find a third Dean. They created a so-called group committee dedicated to searching and evaluating the possible candidates for the Third Dean position. They hoped the third Dean would be able to stop this "Titanic" from further sinking. However, the reality is showing it is a "Mission Impossible" (maybe they should hire Tom Cruise for the job but they do not have much money left to pay him with only 25 students though LOL!) After just a few months the newly third Dean also ran away. So what should UCSOP do now? forming a group committee again to search for the fourth Dean? That would be funny to see them running around like a headless chicken forever searching for a new Dean.

Last edited:
August 2022 update. the third Deam of UCSOP/"sinking Titanic" just gave up and left the school after being a captain of this "ship" in just a couple of months. The school just has a fourth Dean. The attendance is continuously decreasing rapidly. Despite the school trying to extend the application deadline and waiving almost all of the requirements, it is only able to get 25 students for this year compared to 35 students last year. that is almost a 30% decrease in attendance in just one year. The faculty are complaining many applicants have dropped out or didn't even care to show up on the day of their scheduled interview with this school. In order for the school to continue to pay six figures salaries for the "Karens", these 25 students surely have to pay higher tuition and receive fewer benefits than their upper-class students. For example, instead of getting the leather backpack as a welcome gift now the new student only gets a cheap plastic Walmart-style bag to carry their documents.

When the second Dean abruptly quit her job at UCSOP it took the school a long time to find a third Dean. They create a so-call group committee dedicated to searching and evaluating the possible candidates for the Third Dean position. They hoped the third Dean wiould be able to stop this "Titanic" from further sinking. However, the reality is showing it is a "Mission Impossible" (maybe they should hire Tom Cruise for the job but they do not have much money left to pay him with only 25 students though LOL!) After just a few months the newly third Dean also ran away. So what should UCSOP do now? forming a group committee again to search for the fourth Dean? That would be funny to see them running around like a headless chicken forever searching for a new Dean.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Graduated 4 decades ago, from a decent all-Pharm.D. private school. Sorry, just can't trust someone with this much hate and vitriol for a Pharmacy School to dog them for years after graduation. I assume you went to the school, graduated, passed NABPLEX based on your education, and are working as an R.Ph., right? What is your goal in dissecting every aspect of the school, even the dorms. It's just way too much hate to take seriously, but very entertaining.
Keep up the good work!

• Haha
I don't have a dog in this fight. Graduated 4 decades ago, from a decent all-Pharm.D. private school. Sorry, just can't trust someone with this much hate and vitriol for a Pharmacy School to dog them for years after graduation. I assume you went to the school, graduated, passed NABPLEX based on your education, and are working as an R.Ph., right? What is your goal in dissecting every aspect of the school, even the dorms. It's just way too much hate to take seriously, but very entertaining.
Keep up the good work!
I do not give a **** about convincing you or winning your trust. Who are you suddenly popping up and demanding I have to win your trust? you sound similar to one of the Karens in UCSOP. You do not bring a dog so why do you enter this fight? Maybe yourself are you are one. Because you are acting like one. I can pretend politically correct in my posts to make it more convincing (that is easy) but I decided I do not have to. I am just here to celebrate that their enrollments continues spiraling downhill rapidly from 35 students last year to only 25 students this year and even their Deans just keep running away from the school in just a few months like it is a disease.

Last edited:
I do not give a **** about convincing you or winning your trust. Who are you suddenly popping up and demanding I have to win your trust? you sound similar to one of the Karens in UCSOP. You do not bring a dog so why do you enter this fight? Maybe yourself are you are one. Because you are acting like one. I can pretend politically correct in my posts to make it more convincing (that is easy) but I decided I do not have to. I am just here to celebrate that their attendance continues spiraling downhill rapidly from 35 students last year to only 25 students this year and even their own Deans just keep running away from the school in just a few months like it is a disease.

Hello Mr./Ms Spazz:
crazy anger/hatred much? Did they hurt you, need a safe space? Acting like a little child!
Wow, you need to calm the F*** down. Take a breath bro/sista. If this is a personal vendetta, don't bring it to a public forum.
I am commenting on a public forum. My god given rights.
Who am I? Definitely not a Karen (last time I checked down there!). Just a rational, reasonable pharmacist looking at the definition of crazy here.
Why don't you get a life (obviously lacking), carrying a grudge for over 4 years cannot be good for you. Stop counting their enrollment, move on.
Free advise!
Judging from your verbiage and diction. you are maybe ESL? Just be happy you graduated and a pharmacist. Part of this wonderful fraternity. Peace out.

Hello Mr./Ms Spazz:
crazy anger/hatred much? Did they hurt you, need a safe space? Acting like a little child!
Wow, you need to calm the F*** down. Take a breath bro/sista. If this is a personal vendetta, don't bring it to a public forum.
I am commenting on a public forum. My god given rights.
Who am I? Definitely not a Karen (last time I checked down there!). Just a rational, reasonable pharmacist looking at the definition of crazy here.
Why don't you get a life (obviously lacking), carrying a grudge for over 4 years cannot be good for you. Stop counting their enrollment, move on.
Free advise!
Judging from your verbiage and diction. you are maybe ESL? Just be happy you graduated and a pharmacist. Part of this wonderful fraternity. Peace out.
As your instinct, you bark up and get into fight or flight mode because the red pill presented here is making you uncomfortable. Instead of addressing the facts presented in my posts, the cheap reaction of the typical Karens of UCSOP is carrying out personal attacks (or intimidation if the student is still sitting in their school). Here is another fun fact, according to pharmacists' scope of practice, they are not qualified to diagnose because they suck at it LOL! They don't like the red pill so here again the red pill: The enrollments at UCSOP continue spiraling downhill rapidly from 35 students last year to only 25 students this year and even their own Deans just keep running away from the school just a few months like it is a disease.

Last edited:
As your instinct, you bark up and get to the fight or flight mode because the red pill presented here is making you uncomfortable. Instead of addressing the facts presented in my posts, the cheap reaction of the typical Karens of UCSOP is carrying out personal attacks (or intimidation if the student is still seating in their school). Here is another fun fact, according to pharmacists' scope of practice, they are not qualified to diagnose because they suck at it LOL! They don't like the red pill so here again the red pill: The attendance if UCSOP continues spiraling downhill rapidly from 35 students last year to only 25 students this year and even their own Deans just keep running away from the school just a few months like it is a disease.
you seriously need to take step back and breath buddy - this obsession is not healthy

As your instinct, you bark up and get to the fight or flight mode because the red pill presented here is making you uncomfortable. Instead of addressing the facts presented in my posts, the cheap reaction of the typical Karens of UCSOP is carrying out personal attacks (or intimidation if the student is still seating in their school). Here is another fun fact, according to pharmacists' scope of practice, they are not qualified to diagnose because they suck at it LOL! They don't like the red pill so here again the red pill: The attendance if UCSOP continues spiraling downhill rapidly from 35 students last year to only 25 students this year and even their own Deans just keep running away from the school just a few months like it is a disease.

My ESL friend, do you read your own posts? They stopped making sense a while back.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

― Mark Twain

PEACE OUT

Like I said before. If you would like to address the facts in my posts then go ahead. Otherwise, the personal attacks will be ignored. Because of the info about the quality of the UCSOP program, many applicants have been steering clear from UCSOP causing its attendance is dropping dramatically from 35 down to only 25 students in just one year. Also, it is very unusual that the Deans of this school just keeps leaving their job in just a couple of months. That info is very helpful for the students looking for a school to apply to. I will continue doing what I am doing. Thank you for your concern I am happy with the job I have now and just spend a couple of minutes a day to keep updated on this school for my own enjoyment!

Last edited:
...you bark up and get to the fight or flight mode because the red pill presented here is making you uncomfortable. Instead of addressing the facts presented in my posts, the cheap reaction of the typical Karens of UCSOP is carrying out personal attacks...
Time-out for a small intervention -

No one here is secretly trying to undermine your due diligence on the program. I personally think it's a bit intriguing to keep tabs on what is going on every now and then. With that, when you slide in sardonic comments mingled with facts that target one specific program, that does smell like an obsession to all that read this thread and in no way does that mean that we're working under-cover for this program (look at a user's post hx).

We appreciate the info, just reel it in a bit with the subjective dialogue mingled with your updates...

Doesn't have to wait until today, UCSOP already has had financial difficulty starting several years ago. However, this year the record low of 25 students and the left of the recent Deans clearly indicate problems are getting worst, especially the budget issues. UCSOP does not have a long-term stable future as a business or financial model. Instead, it is now only trying to gather just enough students to stay afloat year by year. However, the reality is showing that UCSOP is losing students rapidly and sinking deeper, faster than the year before (30% for this year of 2022) UCSOP is extremely close to falling apart financially when the money from the tuition is not enough to cover the expenses. Remember, losing student also affects the money source from renting out the dorm rooms. This school loves to accept student at the last minute closing to the orientation day so the new student does not have time to looking for an apartment and end up living in the dorms. Then immediately the school will require these new students to sign ONE YEAR leasing contract. The school won't refund if the student wants to move out of the dorm early. UCSOP is also cutting back the benefits to the students. For example, students had been asking the school to fix the chairs in the lecture hall for years without any response from the UCSOP. Pharmacy students have to spend half a day, every day seating in those chairs to listen to the lectures. Those cheaply made chairs quickly showed wear and tear such as the cushions getting stiff due to being highly used causing back pain. The chairs were losing bolts getting wobbly and making loud squeaky noises with just a slight body adjustment. Despite the complaints from the student, the school did not have money to fix the problems because most of the money was prioritized toward the 6 figures paychecks for the faculties. Due to the persistent fights from the students, finally, UCSOP agreed to fix the chairs but they announced it as the biggest favor the UCSOP had been doing for the student. Even the smaller, less expensive requested items such as buying a coffee machine (or printer) for the student's break room weren't fulfilled. I am not a rich Bill Gates but I can order a coffee machine out of my own pocket money from Amazon and have it next-day delivered to the school for students to use. This year instead of giving the leather backpacks to the news students as a welcome gift during the orientation week they only gave the new students yellow plastic bags to carry documents. The 25 students this year are going to have to pay higher tuition to make up for the loss of 10 students compared to 35 students last year. These are just a few of many examples of how the budget issues the UCSOP is facing are directly affecting its students. (Two additional key figures just left the school last month.)

Last edited:
OP sometimes you have to let go. Does it mean the way they treated you was right? No. But I guarantee they are not thinking about you as much as you are thinking about them. Do it for yourself. Its ok to bask in the Karma.:cool:...its always sweet when you sit back and see it happen. If anything, seems like you didnt have to wait forever for it to happen. But let it go for YOUR peace.

OP sometimes you have to let go. Does it mean the way they treated you was right? No. But I guarantee they are not thinking about you as much as you are thinking about them. Do it for yourself. Its ok to bask in the Karma.:cool:...its always sweet when you sit back and see it happen. If anything, seems like you didnt have to wait forever for it to happen. But let it go for YOUR peace.
I don't sit back and watch the Karma. I bring the "Karma" to them for my own enjoyment! The information about this school will continue to flow for those who need to know

Last edited:
I don't sit back and watch the Karma. I bring the "Karma" to them for my own enjoyment! The information about this school will continue to flow for those who need to find out.
I don't think posting on a message board is gonna bring the karma to them. I mean, look at the pre-pharms on here- we all warm them to avoid the profession, but they still line up and pay tuition because "they are different" and "iTs My pAsSiOn"

I don't think posting on a message board is gonna bring the karma to them. I mean, look at the pre-pharms on here- we all warm them to avoid the profession, but they still line up and pay tuition because "they are different" and "iTs My pAsSiOn"
Just like people are lining up in Las Vegas even though the data is showing most of them will lose money. Why? because Las Vegas and UCSOP both intentionally hype the people up to milk their money. UCSOP has many "catchphrases" to hype their student up. These phases sound so vague to me. One of the most frequently used ones is " you guys (the students) are going to make so much impact!". Anytime I hear that phrase from faculty I just couldn't help but chuckle and think "yeah right, they (the student) are making the positive impacts on the wallet of the faculty, a negative impact on the saturated/retracted job market, and zero impact on the patient." Every fall the UCSOP also has a huge red banner hung right in front of the pharmacy school building typed in all caps "WELCOME FUTURE PHARMACISTS!" to hype their student up which I found it is so cheesy. I think the banner should be changed to "Welcome Future FLOATERS!"

FUTURE FLOATERS.jpg

Last edited:
Dear ESL Bro:
You seriously are in need of an intervention. Or an Exorcism, if Catholic!
Do you have 5 friends, or a priest that could get together and perform one of the above?
But then again, it is very entertaining. So keep up the good work.

Dear ESL Bro:
You seriously are in need of an intervention. Or an Exorcism, if Catholic!
Do you have 5 friends, or a priest that could get together and perform one of the above?
But then again, it is very entertaining. So keep up the good work.
I am not sure if he reminds more of William Foster (Michael Douglas in falling down) or Edmond in the Count of Monte Christo

The number of students per class of UCSOP dropped from 35 students down to 12 students instantly; People have been thinking about what should they do with that pharmacy school building once they do not have enough students. The 3rd Dean ran away just after a few months of taking his position; the guy David Bowyer is no longer holding the department chair. The job market goes from saturated to retracting; the NAPLEX pass rate of this school dropped way below the national average EVERY YEAR and its academic reputation is rated low by the public. The school is about falling apart financially (and structurally). If these are not Karma then I do not know what else should be. The school gave up hope to find the fourth Dean instead UCSOP just appointed some random faculty to be the fourth Dean. The school did not pick her in the first place because they knew she did not qualify for such a position. Similarly, after months of asking the public to help to find a new department chair to replace the guy david "the Gynecomastia" bowyer, UCSOP could not find anyone to join the "Titanic" so they gave it to the guy garnet "the petty mind" monk. Why didn't they give it to him in the first place? They only did it after they have no other choice.

Deceitful Sale team.jpg

The recent message above from UCSOP is so deceitful that is why in my previous posts I called them shameless liars. Now I have to expose them so the high school or new students can see how disingenuous as well as cynical UCSOP school is today. UCSOP is in the pharmacy business for so long that it surely knows with over 10,000+ newly graduating pharmacists each year only the retail settings are big enough to accommodate them. Only very few go to other fields such as:

-- Teaching: how frequently does the USCOP hires a new faculty and how many each time? total number of faculty at UCSOP has been even shrinking tremendously in both quantity and quality due to a lack of students, low on budget, and bad reputation. Several pharmacy schools even have been shut down due to a lack of students and UCSOP is now on that same path.
-- Pharmaceutical: PharmD is not trained for research. The PhD. is. Look at the research done by UCSOP faculties who got the PharmD LOL!. Talking about the research, the research prowess of UCSOP is only about half of the national average combined with very low NAPLEX pass rate has earned this school a title of low academic reputation (see the attached picture below) The research prowess of a school refers to its ability and reputation in producing high-quality and impactful research across various academic disciplines. It indicates the institution's capability to conduct original and innovative research, contribute to the advancement of knowledge, and influence the academic and professional communities. A school with strong research prowess typically has Faculty Expertise!!!: Schools with strong research programs often employ experienced and renowned faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. These experts drive research initiatives, mentor students, and collaborate on significant research projects. Research Facilities: Well-equipped research facilities and laboratories are essential for conducting advanced research. Schools with strong research prowess invest in state-of-the-art facilities to support their research endeavors. Graduate Programs: Schools with strong research prowess usually offer competitive graduate programs that attract students who are interested in pursuing research careers. The quality of these programs can be assessed through graduate-student outcomes!
-- Veterinary pharmacist: how many of you have ever encountered a veterinary pharmacist in daily life?
This shows how irresponsibility of the UCSOP toward the future of its student. They lie/deceive and do not care if the next four years most of its students will be floater pharmacists who will have a hard time finding full-time retail pharmacist jobs. UCSOP just needs you the new student to borrow the hundred thousand dollars in student loans to feed UCSOP school. Because of the pharmacist job market going from saturated to retraction plus UCSOP's low academy reputation but high tuition (private school) many applicants have been staying away from this school causing the number of students for each class has dropped from over 140 per class to now only 25 students. The school is about falling apart financially (the tuitions are not enough to cover the expenses) and structurally (many faculties are leaving this school including all of its DEANs)

Other pharmacy schools are shutting down due to declining of the job market/profession and the lack of interest from applicants. (2 pharmacy schools shut down, which ones next)

Walgreens and CVS Are Closing Pharmacies and Cutting Back on Hours

FUTURE FLOATERS.jpg
----------
Low Reputation.png

stealing drug.jpg

UCSOP Probation.jpg

As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, the job market for pharmacists has taken a hit, leading to a decline in the profession. If you're a student considering UCSOP, it's important to weigh the risks and benefits carefully before making a decision. In this article, we'll explore why students should reconsider applying for UCSOP due to the job market retraction and the decline of the pharmacist profession.

1. The job market for pharmacists is shrinking According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of pharmacists is projected to decline by 3%. This decline can be attributed to several factors, including the increasing use of technology and automation, the growing trend of mail-order pharmacies, and the closure of small independent pharmacies. As a result, the job market for pharmacists is becoming increasingly competitive, making it difficult for new graduates to secure jobs.
  2. The pharmacist profession is becoming less lucrative As the demand for pharmacists decreases, so too does the earning potential for those in the profession. The average salary for pharmacists has remained relatively stagnant in recent years, with some pharmacists even experiencing salary cuts or reduced hours. Additionally, the cost of obtaining a pharmacy degree has risen significantly in recent years, with the average debt for pharmacy school graduates reaching over $160,000.
  3. Pharmacists are becoming less involved in patient care As the role of pharmacists in the healthcare industry shifts, many pharmacists are finding themselves with less patient interaction and less involvement in the overall care of patients. This can be attributed to the increasing use of technology and automation, which has led to a more transactional approach to filling prescriptions. This can be dissatisfying for those who entered the profession with a desire to make a difference in patients' lives.
  4. Another issue facing the pharmacy profession is the increasing prevalence of pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), which are third-party companies that negotiate drug prices and manage prescription drug benefits for insurance plans. These companies often prioritize cost savings over patient care, which can lead to decreased reimbursement for pharmacies and reduced job satisfaction for pharmacists.
  5. The future of the pharmacist profession is uncertain As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, the future of the pharmacist profession is uncertain. With the increasing use of technology and automation, it's possible that the need for pharmacists will continue to decrease. Additionally, the rise of telemedicine and the increasing use of nurse practitioners and physician assistants may further limit the role of pharmacists in patient care.
  6. Last but not least, UCSOP is one of the private schools with high tuition but has the lowest academic reputation in the nation with a history of being put on probation due to underperformance. Its pharmacy student did heroin right on the school property and the school did not care about it. It is a sinking Titanic financially and structurally showing the total number of students and faculty is rapidly shrinking smaller each year.
In conclusion, while pharmacy school may have been a popular choice in the past, the changing landscape of the healthcare industry has led to a decline in the profession. With a shrinking job market, decreasing earning potential, and limited involvement in patient care, students should carefully consider the risks and benefits before considering UCSOP. While the decision to pursue pharmacy school ultimately rests with the individual, it's important to make an informed decision based on the current state of the profession.

Below is the updated NAPLEX pass rate of UCSOP recently: UCSOPs' performance is consistently way below the national average year after year. Every year UCSOP always finds itself among the schools with the lowest score in the nation! (Do you think COVID is the cause of UCSOPs' low academic reputation?) The number of students (and faculty) is shrinking due to a lack of interest from the applicants to this school. Remember this is a private school. This year there are only 12 students per class (dropping from 25 last year). ThIS school is definitely on the FAST track of going under!
below average.png

Attachments

• LAME.jpg
    LAME.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited: