University of Chicago Psychiatry program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

interestedinpsy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up with the University of Chicago Psychiatry program? I just interviewed there and I felt funny throughout. Everybody was telling me something different about the main aspects of the program. Would appreciate any inside info to decide whether to rank it or not. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

My sister who is a medical student there just rotated there and two of my friends are residents in that psych program. From what I have heard, it seems to be probably one of the most mailgnant programs in the country. Residents are unhappy and apparently tired of pretending that everything is OK while meeting with candidates. But I can't comment on your individual experience since it might depend on who you meet with. Good luck with your ranking! :)

What's up with the University of Chicago Psychiatry program? I just interviewed there and I felt funny throughout. Everybody was telling me something different about the main aspects of the program. Would appreciate any inside info to decide whether to rank it or not. Thanks in advance!

You'll probably get more responses if you post this in the Psychiatry forum.

That said, I didn't interview at UChicago and don't know anyone who has, so I don't have anything helpful to offer you.

-AT.

my understanding of the u of c program is that their leadership is seriously in flux and the big names and their support staff/post-docs have moved across town to UIC. UIC is now in line to be a serious child psych powerhouse in addition to having a decent adult psych program.