University of Cincinnati School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watchtower

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about how the waitlist at UofC works.. i am currently on hold there, and really wanna go there ( over loyola- which i was accepted to)... I know there is alot of movement after may 15th, but i thought i would ask if anyone knew anything?????- thanks-

Members don't see this ad.

same, I am on hold there now (out of state) and really want to go there ;)

I spoke with a women last week in the admissions office after I got put on hold. She basically said that everyone who interviewed after mid-Feb was put on hold. They have not given an acceptance in two months. She said that basically they wont make any decisions until after the 15th of May and then they will start handing out acceptances. After they have handed a bunch out then some people will be put on the wait list while the rest get rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
so basically, there won't be a waitlist until after may 15th??????????

I just withdrew from UC today. Good luck to everyone, and say hey to my sis next year!

Maybe more people will start withdrawing if UC can actually get the award letters out. I'm starting to feel doubtful about if I'll actually receive it before the 15th.

I talked with the financial office last week and they said that you should receive your award letter 2 or 3 days before may 15.

taehong81 said:
I talked with the financial office last week and they said that you should receive your award letter 2 or 3 days before may 15.

UC wants signed withdrawal letters via snailmail...that really doesn't give ppl much time to decide AND get their possible withdrawals in by may 15th...

taehong81 said:

I hope that's a worst case scenario, not the approximate date for people near Ohio. It usually takes me around a week to get mail from UC. I might have to withdraw before I even find out the award information, if worst comes to worst.

I withdrew an acceptance from UC 1 1/2 weeks ago... hope that helps. Good luck, UC seemed like a great school.