University of Colorado at Denver, ISP 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought the same too. But it is an informal interview invitation e-mail which has been sent before the deadline where you have to let them know which one of three dates is more convenient for you. There is not much to worry about if you still haven't received the same e-mail. Its not like they will not consider the late applicants. And the results of the interviews are declared only after the last interview is over.

hey ammy. thanx for that.. i was a bit worried.hope we get through. take care and all the best.

Members don't see this ad.

The informal emails are sent to candidates that live out of the country that need time to get things together for the interview. It has nothing to do with how the candidate is or how early they applied. The real interview invites are sent after the deadline and yes the acceptances are given a few weeks after the last interview batch. It isn't too late to apply and don't let anyone that got the informal invite discourage you. Oh and I know some people will say they don't live outside the country and still got it, but not everyone tells the truth on here so just be confident and start preparing for the interview.

Yes you are right as i also went there for interview last year and was waitlisted. This is just pre interview email and they mostly call for interview. This is good school but only negative part is that they mostly select candidates who are spouses or brother sisters of current students.....this happened to me last year. Let's hope for better this year..

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually they call about 250 candidates in three groups and select 40.

QUOTE=akks;12110834]Does anyone know about how many students do they send invitations every year and how many gets accepted?[/QUOTE]

Thanks asd1234.........for correcting me:)....Are you already there?......and i think i am right about that spouses and family thing??

They only call 150-180 people and they select 40.

Thanks asd1234.........for correcting me:)....Are you already there?......and i think i am right about that spouses and family thing??

Yea they accept spouses and family first then other people. It's unfair, but true.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Congrats to all those who received the invite already.
I had asked some doubts to 'dental2009' earlier. I received the reply and he/she also requested me to post it in the discussion page, so that everyone may benefit.
Lets hope for the best!
hi
it is class 2 and a crown prep. as I told you they will give you instructions( measurements of the prep) so you dont need to know the deference between composite and amalgam, coz they will tell you how to cut it.
just get your hands used to it.
as for the burs, I really dont know the numbers, but you can bring your own burs/matrix
as for the wax, you dont need to measure since they give you a print out with the shape and size, so you match.
they interview so very many people and chose only the best.

Hello everyone,
Congrats to all those who received the invite already.
I had asked some doubts to 'dental2009' earlier. I received the reply and he/she also requested me to post it in the discussion page, so that everyone may benefit.
Lets hope for the best!
Thanks for sharing the info. Which tooth would it be for class 2 and crown prep? Do we need to fill the class 2?

Thanks for sharing the info. Which tooth would it be for class 2 and crown prep? Do we need to fill the class 2?
u will not need to fill the class 2, and usually it will be on a maxillary or mandibular molar

Members don't see this ad :)
did any of you get separate emails for 'receipt of supplemental documents' and 'application complete email'?

did any of you get separate emails for 'receipt of supplemental documents' and 'application complete email'?

No but they sent an attachment in the same email regarding the receipt of supplemental documents. Is it of any significance?

I recd an email confirming receipt of documents but it does not say 'application complete' at any place so was just wondering if its complete or not..

I recd an email confirming receipt of documents but it does not say 'application complete' at any place so was just wondering if its complete or not..

You should have received an attachment in the same email, didn't u?

hi,

i am plannig to apply to Colorado Denver as well.

My score for Part one is 89
Toefl is 102
GPA is 4.0

is it good enough?

Thanks!

hii guys can anyone tell me what are the documents we need to submit to colarado?
thanks in advance

hi i sent my papers about a month ago. they sent me an email saying they received everything, but other than that i haven't heard from them.

I sent supplemental documents 6 days ago,still no response!! do you guys know when they usualy send the application complete email after receiving supplemental docs?

Guys has anyone got any interviews so far

Hi everyone,

I am applying to Colorado by the paper application. I have a question about the personal statement and resume/ dental experience.
Do we just have to write in the given space available online for the personal statement and dental experience or we can print on separate sheets? Any suggestion and feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi all

I'm applying to UC ....does any1 got ther interview letter?hw long does it take after submitting all the documents?

Thanks

I got email with 3 dates (April,may June) and they asked me to reserve april in my calendar.
Wht is the next step? Are they going to call and confirm or they will send another email???
Please anyone has interview experince with Colorado ,Let me know what q do they ask in the interview? How is the bench test???? Iam starting worrying about April appointment

I got email with 3 dates (April,may June) and they asked me to reserve april in my calendar.
Wht is the next step? Are they going to call and confirm or they will send another email???
Please anyone has interview experince with Colorado ,Let me know what q do they ask in the interview? How is the bench test???? Iam starting worrying about April appointment
Whn did u send ur supplemental documents?
And is this the interview date?

Sent the documents 1 month ago.
Received the e mail 2 weeks ago.
It is not formal IV email !!

wat r ur stats?

Part1 86
Toefl 94
GBA 3
DA in USA
I just want to know what q do they ask in IV???
What about the bench test????

Thank u for the info....
I hav no idea abt the interview or the bench test.....jus applied....

When did u send the supplemental documents?
R u getting the conformation by email or by USPS?

Has any1 got the interview letter from UC?

Thanks

Sent my supplemental documents 10 days ago.I got confirmation by email with an attached file

got formal iv invitation and a whole bunch of guidance for hand skill test and hotel info.

@ caonima: I got the same e-mail. Which date have you been invited to interview?

got formal iv invitation and a whole bunch of guidance for hand skill test and hotel info.

Congrats for the IV... If you dont mind me asking what are your stats?

thanks!

any one who received an invitation, do u have any idea about the bench test fees?

Last edited:
I sent supplemental documents 6 days ago,still no response!! do you guys know when they usualy send the application complete email after receiving supplemental docs?
I have received an attachment to my email mentioning that all my supplement documents received and my application is complete at the same day in one email

me too! received an interview invitation for 4/21.
any one who received an invitation, do u have any idea about the bench test fees?
congrats for your interview. I have heard that they will prefer the students who are spouses, brothers or sisters to the current students in dental school. Is that true? can you please share me your stats?