University of Colorado C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You can play Oregon Trail on a PC nowadays. So, there's no reason to own a mac.

I went ahead and picked up the tablet. There's a sweet deal going on: http://dealnews.com/HP-Touch-Smart-...blet-Laptop-for-700-free-shipping/288994.html

I will concede that tablets are very cool. . . but if apple made one it would be better.
You can play oregon trail on anything online:
http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what the official computer recommendation is. But I bet you're fine with what you have for now. If you're not looking for an excuse to buy something new, then just wait. I use my laptop for word processing, internet, and ppt/pdf files. Nothing fancy. People use Macs and PCs.

I don't think PDAs are required. And if they say they are, you can definitely get by without one. Some people love their PDA and use it a lot. I'm near the end of 3rd year and I've never needed one. If I had one, I could definitely use it. But there's usually a computer nearby and I keep a small pocket pharm book in my pocket that's lighter, smaller, and cheaper than a PDA. A smartphone would also be fine, but not necessary.

thanks for the info! I may wait a bit until phones & PDAs are combined into a smaller package if school won't require/strongly recommend this for now.. the blackberries look a little bigger than I'd like versus something smaller like a slider phone -- but it'd need to run on Java as I've heard how frequently MS apps on phones crash..

How long did it take, after submission of your financial aid package, for a financial aid award summary to be sent? -I was told it could take a few weeks? Is that experience shared?

How long did it take, after submission of your financial aid package, for a financial aid award summary to be sent? -I was told it could take a few weeks? Is that experience shared?

I was complete as far as FinAid is concerned the first of March and haven't heard anything yet. I figure sometime in April they'll get it out.

I was in early in March and they told me I would hear back in late April.

I was in early in March and they told me I would hear back in late April.

Yeah, when I talked to them on monday, they said they would be sent out end of april. Then when I said it again to confirm it, she said end of april beginning of may. They clearly don't have any set deadlines.

anyone have a feel for those scholarships & when the announcements would be made? If I understood correctly from the meeting last week the tentative award letters are going out in a week or two, and then the final letters are going out another few weeks/months after that? thx..

Thread's been quiet for a while...anyone else excited for the 10th?