University of Colorado Neuropsychology Post Doc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuropsychCatBB

Reaction score
I'm hoping that this message reaches anyone interested in applying for the Post Doctoral Fellowship at the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus. I'll start by mentioning that on the surface, the program appears legitimate and exciting, especially considering the opportunity to train and live in beautiful CO. However, I have heard several really surprising and frankly horrible things from more than one colleague regarding both the quality of training, as well as the behavior of the supervising faculty. One particularly important comment someone shared was with regard to how the director of the fellowship treated 2 of their minority post docs, one of whom ended up leaving their position because of the toxicity of the work environment. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a fellow to make the decision to choose to leave their fellowship after all the work involved in acquiring it. It is definitely something worth considering when thinking of applying to that program, especially since they have an advantage of being the only accredited neuropsych fellowship in the state of CO. Personally, after interviewing with the 4 male faculty members (and getting a weird vibe to be honest-- happy to discuss that more if anyone is interested), and then hearing the information I just shared, I chose not to rank them last cycle. In good faith, as difficult as this career path is, I couldn't sit with this knowledge. I felt a need to share it in case it could inform others on how to make the best decision for them. Gone are the times of tolerating toxic behaviors for the sake of "good training." I hope this was somewhat helpful. Thanks for reading.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm always skeptical with the newly joined initial post that is a random dig at a program. Especially when it is vague and hearsay.
That's fine and totally understandable skepticism. I would recommend though that people reach out to previous or current trainees and inquire about their experiences. Just trying to help!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's fine, but we usually see a lot of questionable posts from people with an axe to grind and inaccurate info. If these people had a problem with the program, I would encourage them report their concerns to APPCN as this postdoc is a member.

Reactions: 1 user