PhD/PsyD University of Florida Waitlisted for Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroPsychosis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just recently waitlisted for UF's interview weekend for the neuropsych PhD program. Should that be taken as good sign? Does anyone have an idea on what are the chances that I am off the waitlist between now and February 10th (as they mention). Is there a good chance some invited folks not to RSVP for their spots or cancel their RSVP?

Thank you in advance for your insights!

Members don't see this ad.

Granted it's been a few years - but I was waitlisted for interview weekend one year and did not end up getting interviewed. I applied again the following year and got an interview. If you have additional questions, feel free to PM me (I couldn't message you).

Reactions: 1 user
For what it’s worth - I was also waitlisted at UF’s neuropsych PhD program several years ago and didn’t end up getting an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Granted it's been a few years - but I was waitlisted for interview weekend one year and did not end up getting interviewed. I applied again the following year and got an interview. If you have additional questions, feel free to PM me (I couldn't message you).
Awesome thanks. Do you know if there was a deadline for those invited to RSVP for interview weekend? if yes, I would love to know when is the deadline typically, then that would give me an idea on when they will potentially revise their invite list. Thanks!

Awesome thanks. Do you know if there was a deadline for those invited to RSVP for interview weekend? if yes, I would love to know when is the deadline typically, then that would give me an idea on when they will potentially revise their invite list. Thanks!
This was 10 years ago, so I don't remember.

I imagine there was a RSVP date since they had students house us and thus had to know the number of attendees to make accommodations. IIRC, interview weekend was on match day (so first or second weekend of Feb back then) -- I imagine RSVP was due the first week of Jan (give or take)?