University of Houston interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dana92085

**dana adell**
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got a email about my interview for UH on Jan 27th. any other SDN kids :D going on that day?

Members don't see this ad.

dana92085 said:
i just got a email about my interview for UH on Jan 27th. any other SDN kids :D going on that day?

Congrats! I had no idea that they would start interviewing so early, I thought they would interview after the deadline. I guess I was wrong. I better get my application in soon.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you turn in your application? What were your stats like?

julierx said:
Congrats! I had no idea that they would start interviewing so early, I thought they would interview after the deadline. I guess I was wrong. I better get my application in soon.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you turn in your application? What were your stats like?

yeah i really thought that too. i turned in my app about a month/month and a half ago. i have a 3.88 gpa and a 86% pcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
dana92085 said:
yeah i really thought that too. i turned in my app about a month/month and a half ago. i have a 3.88 gpa and a 86% pcat.

Congrats :) I really wasn't expecting to hear anything so soon..who knows if I'll even hear anything :scared:
Let us know how it goes!! Good luck

I've just received an interview invite for that day too. Dana92085, where do you live? I'm in Arlington, TX. Does anyone know how soon after the interview they would give you an answer whether you're accepted or rejected?

b3b3cuti3 said:
I've just received an interview invite for that day too. Dana92085, where do you live? I'm in Arlington, TX. Does anyone know how soon after the interview they would give you an answer whether you're accepted or rejected?

i live in college station most of the time, but i am from helotes, tx (outside of san antonio). see you in jan!

good luck on y'alls interviews! i actually recieved my email about my interview on dec 16 of 2004. My interview was on jan 28. I'm a first year here at UH. the interview process was very laid back--so don't be nervous! i believe i might be at y'alls interview was an ambassador. if you have any questions, give me a holla. =)

Hi Timbo301,

Do you know how soon we'd typically receive an acceptance/rejection if we interviewed in late Jan? Thanks.

b3b3cuti3 said:
Hi Timbo301,

Do you know how soon we'd typically receive an acceptance/rejection if we interviewed in late Jan? Thanks.

Explitave........F*$#*........so, I guess I didn't make the 1st round of interviews :mad:
Well, I had a good GPA & PCAT & a bad-a** pharmacist rec-letter(+awesome prof letter).
Perhaps my hotmail junk mail screened Uof H out. DAMN!!!

I love me some UofH. Good luck and best wishes to all 'yall.

:)

wheelsonfire said:
Explitave........F*$#*........so, I guess I didn't make the 1st round of interviews :mad:
Well, I had a good GPA & PCAT & a bad-a** pharmacist rec-letter(+awesome prof letter). Oh well, you cats got my goat.
Perhaps my hotmail junk mail screened Uof H out. DAMN!!!
What's that.....wait list calling.......I'd be thrilled to have 'ya!!!

I love me some UofH. Good luck and best wishes to all 'yall.
Peace and Chicken Grease.
:)

Don't they have rolling admissions? So if you applied later, you'll probably get a later interview? I'm hopeful :)

b3b3cuti3 said:
Hi Timbo301,

it takes 2-3 weeks for your letter. its going to come in a flat envelope, whether it is a rejection or acceptance. and yes, it is rolling admissions, so just b/c you didn't get first interviews doesn't mean you won't get one. There are 10 interview dates i believe.

Hey dana and cuti, looks like I'll be joining you in the great city of Houston on Jan. 27. Let's decide what we're going to wear so we can color coordinate our outfits. I'm thinking red muscle shirt and red and white jams. Or maybe a red Speedo, ten gallon hat, and no shirt. I'd have to get the Brazilian wax for that one though. Anyway, I look forward to hanging out with you guys for FOUR HOURS!! Man, why so long? They might as well ask us to bring our sleeping bags.

P.S. Hey Tim, what was you writing and teamwork exercise about? Also, could you introduce me to Yao Ming? Thanks.

that1guy said:
Hey dana and cuti, looks like I'll be joining you in the great city of Houston on Jan. 27. Let's decide what we're going to wear so we can color coordinate our outfits. I'm thinking red muscle shirt and red and white jams. Or maybe a red Speedo, ten gallon hat, and no shirt. I'd have to get the Brazilian wax for that one though. Anyway, I look forward to hanging out with you guys for FOUR HOURS!! Man, why so long? They might as well ask us to bring our sleeping bags.

P.S. Hey Tim, what was you writing and teamwork exercise about? Also, could you introduce me to Yao Ming? Thanks.

i think that we should make it a PJ party! anyways i so excited about this! where are you from that1guy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, dana, but a PJ party won't work for me. I'm an au naturel sleeper, if you know what I mean. Maybe if it wasn't so cold out...

But anyway, I live in Wichita Falls. It's a six hour drive from here to Houston, but what are you going to do, right.

I'm really psyched about this interview. We are going to kick butt, I know it. If a group from SDN is all going to interview on the same day, we should try and get together for dinner the night before. Anything to help us feel more comfortable during the interview process. Plus networking is always good. What does everyone think? Don't be shy. Let's enjoy this process! Maybe we could even talk Tim into joining us so we could wring more info from him.

that1guy said:
Sorry, dana, but a PJ party won't work for me. I'm an au naturel sleeper, if you know what I mean. Maybe if it wasn't so cold out...

But anyway, I live in Wichita Falls. It's a six hour drive from here to Houston, but what are you going to do, right.

I'm really psyched about this interview. We are going to kick butt, I know it. If a group from SDN is all going to interview on the same day, we should try and get together for dinner the night before. Anything to help us feel more comfortable during the interview process. Plus networking is always good. What does everyone think? Don't be shy. Let's enjoy this process! Maybe we could even talk Tim into joining us so we could wring more info from him.

ill go if someone pays for me. haha

yeah, that would be a lot of fun. doesnt the interview have a lot to complete? do other schools have this much stuff? i am going to try to get it all completed soon so that i dont have to worry about it. eekk.

dana92085 said:
yeah, that would be a lot of fun. doesnt the interview have a lot to complete? do other schools have this much stuff? i am going to try to get it all completed soon so that i dont have to worry about it. eekk.

ha! yeah...usually an interviewer gets like 3 weeks to complete it except for the first batch of interviews that receives it the date y'all did. All Xmas break for me was nonstop continuous thinking, editing, reediting, and more editing those forms i had to fill. they were a lot of things to complete and some were kinda repetitive. i think they do that just so they see you are consistent and not lying through your teeth. haha. if yall wanna chat, IM me at vaughntim on aim. i am bored as hell.

hey timbo301, would you happen to be timmy, president of PPA at UH like a year or two ago?

40wada said:
hey timbo301, would you happen to be timmy, president of PPA at UH like a year or two ago?

yeah, i hope thats a positive thing you remembered that and not a negative.who are you?

eeek! i called them and they said they would need my fall semester grades before offering me an interview and told me to wait in submitting my application until those got in. which is jan 2.

:(

timbo301 said:
yeah, i hope thats a positive thing you remembered that and not a negative.who are you?

yea, this is jimmy (the one with "broken" looking glasses, and was in your ethics class). so how was your first semester in pharm school? are there any undergrad classes you would suggest taking before applying/entering pharm school at UH? thanks!!!

40wada said:
yea, this is jimmy (the one with "broken" looking glasses, and was in your ethics class). so how was your first semester in pharm school? are there any undergrad classes you would suggest taking before applying/entering pharm school at UH? thanks!!!

hey jimmy! whats up man. my first semester was definitely the hardest semester ive had in all my life. the material is doable but its a lot of information to tackle in such a short time. it just wasn't that but w/ Rita cancelling a week of school, everything was in a time crunch. it was at least for me. by the end of the semester, after one test was another test i had to cram for and so on. i think that was how it was for the last 6 tests. lol. but i really enjoy it here. i would suggest taking biochem and physiology. it can be overwhelming if you are a person w/o a degree and just taking the bare minimum to a 4000 level class of physiology or biochemistry. its a lot of information to understand in the short period of time they give you. theres always something going on every week, so you really have to manage your time wisely. i kinda enjoyed biochem (every test except for the 2nd test) lol. are you applying this year? i hope you do man =) ttyl

thanks for your response timmy! man, i wish i was applying this year. i'm probably, most likely, going to apply next year. i'm glad to hear everything is going good. good luck with next semester (hopefully nothing like Rita is going to happen again, that threw off my schedule too), and good luck to all of ya'll that have interviews coming up at UH!!!

I just had a quick question about the UH application. I heard that applicants were required to write a personal statement last year and I just wanted to clarify that it is not required for Fall 2008 applications. If someone could please let me know, that would be great.

I just had a quick question about the UH application. I heard that applicants were required to write a personal statement last year and I just wanted to clarify that it is not required for Fall 2008 applications. If someone could please let me know, that would be great.

I think that you only give them one if you actually get an interview.

Wow, I have an interview on jan. 25th. I didn't think they were doing interviews on the weekend. So I guess that would be the second round of interviews. Anyways good luck and hope every thing goes well.

Just to clarify, except for the last 3 posts on this thread, this thread is from 2005. Those that got in when this thread was "active" are now P3's.

I think that you are in the first group. Other people with an interview have mentioned Jan 25th as their date.

thanks knickerbocker. also, do you happen to know that if i already sent in my transcript before the fall semester ended and my application already shows reviewed and completed, is it necessary to send in my updated transcript with the fall grades in order to receive an interview offer?

thanks knickerbocker. also, do you happen to know that if i already sent in my transcript before the fall semester ended and my application already shows reviewed and completed, is it necessary to send in my updated transcript with the fall grades in order to receive an interview offer?

I'm not sure, but I went ahead and sent another set a transcripts just to be safe. You might try calling or emailing them about it.

No, it's not necessary to send them your fall transcript for your application to be reviewed. I got an interview date with them even though I have not yet submitted my fall transcript. When they invite you in they will tell you to bring a sealed copy of your latest transcript to your interview or you can turn/mail them to the admission office beforehand. But, I think its better to turn them in now, if you already have them.

Also If you go to the old enrollment services page you can request them to deliver your transcript to the college of pharmacy. This option is free!!:D

Hey ethyl methyl are you done with your questionare and essay yet?
Do you think it matters how soon we turn it in, as long as it is before the deadline?

Also If you go to the old enrollment services page you can request them to deliver your transcript to the college of pharmacy. This option is free!!:D

Do you think it matters how soon we turn it in, as long as it is before the deadline?

Not yet. I don't think it matters how soon you submit it. I think I will need all the time I can get though. I started my essay but I still have to work on it more. How are you preparing for the interview?

Not yet. I don't think it matters how soon you submit it. I think I will need all the time I can get though. I started my essay but I still have to work on it more. How are you preparing for the interview?

I am going to review all the feedbacks and postulate responses for most of the questions. Also go over how I answered the questionare and try to keep my answers to the interview questions close to how I have answered the questionare. I think I will handle it about the same way I handle job interviews, and I am great with those. Hope it is close to the same format.

I can't find anyone that will tell me about their experience with the timed writing or the group activity. all they say is have fun with the group assignment.

Maybe we should take a note from the earlier posts on this thread and get as many of us together before hand and at least get somewhat comfortable with each other? just a suggestion.

I am going to review all the feedbacks and postulate responses for most of the questions. Also go over how I answered the questionare and try to keep my answers to the interview questions close to how I have answered the questionare. I think I will handle it about the same way I handle job interviews, and I am great with those. Hope it is close to the same format.

I can't find anyone that will tell me about their experience with the timed writing or the group activity. all they say is have fun with the group assignment.

Maybe we should take a note from the earlier posts on this thread and get as many of us together before hand and at least get somewhat comfortable with each other? just a suggestion.

Yeah, that's a great idea! are you from Houston?

Yeah I currently go to UH, and work in the med center.

We should get partykiki to go with us. Who else?

PharMafReKan & pharm friend.
Have both posted that they have interview the same day. The more the better right, I dont know if they live in houston???

Heyyy did u just say that its FREE to deliver the transcript to the College of Pharmacy? Are u suree? Oh god if its true, it would be great, cause I have already spent too much money for all these transcripts!!!!!!!!!

PharMafReKan & pharm friend.
Have both posted that they have interview the same day. The more the better right, I dont know if they live in houston???

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU GUYS who have an interview coming up at UH. I know for sure that it will turn out great for all of you, u guys sure will get the reward for all the hard work u hv put into this whole process :)

How was the interview guys?
I just got one, I turned in my application 2 weeks ago and haven't finished submitting my rec letters. Guess they don't review them for the interview?

I just got one, I turned in my application 2 weeks ago and haven't finished submitting my rec letters. Guess they don't review them for the interview?

You must have good stats.:cool:

How could you have received an interview if your file was incomplete? I'm confused....I thought they didn't even reveiew incomplete apps. What are your stats if you don't mind my asking? Congrats by the way. :)

the only thing i got going for me is a 90 pcat, 99 in chemistry, the rest of the sections were bellow 90...