University of Illinois College of Medicine c/o 2016 (Champaign-Urbana track)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickfeet

Smooth Operator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be an M1 again next year because I decompressed part of the program. Ask me anything you want about it :) or just come say hello.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you please tell me the main differences (academic curriculum, social life, rotation sites) between Peoria, Urbana, and Rockford? Thanks.

Can you please tell me the main differences (academic curriculum, social life, rotation sites) between Peoria, Urbana, and Rockford? Thanks.

So the curriculum should not be different between any of the 4 sites (including Chicago), especially with the changes they made in Urbana for M1s this year to more closely match what was going on in Chicago.

Social life? Can't comment on Peoria or Rockford, all I can tell you is the class is decently close. It is quite large, though, so there are cliques. But at any rate, the facebook group is always popping with things to do and people send out mass e-mails about social gatherings all of the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! i got accepted to the urbana 4 year track in december! I am looking for places to live, any advice?

Starting this year, they have allowed students initially assigned to Peoria or Rockford for M2-M4 to petition for a switch during their M1 year. Just an FYI.

I am curious about buying books. Some people say you need to buy them all, others say that not all of them are necessary. I would really appreciate some insight before spending a bunch of money on books. Thanks for any help you guys can give! :)