You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Illinois?
Started by smilin1590
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
it now says "Interview not offered". Bad news. 🙁
Same here. Oh well. I wasn't holding out much hope for them anyway. Wasn't a top choice, but it still hurts. I'm still not entirely sure they calculated my GPA right either...
Same here. Oh well. I wasn't holding out much hope for them anyway. Wasn't a top choice, but it still hurts.
I feel the exact same way. My Mom related it to when a bunch of snotty girls in middle school had a party: You weren't really sure if you wanted to go anyways, but it would have at least been nice to be invited...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. But I am, shockingly, not too upset. I got a supplemental from Michigan State, so that makes it better 🙂it now says "Interview not offered". Bad news. 🙁
I too was not offered an interview. Its sad. Now I'm becoming concerned about my other schools.
Mine's still pending. Err..the torture!
...
Last edited:
I feel the exact same way. My Mom related it to when a bunch of snotty girls in middle school had a party: You weren't really sure if you wanted to go anyways, but it would have at least been nice to be invited...
Haha exactly! That's perfect!
OOS pending
ditto
...
Last edited:
OOS-- still pending!
Same here. Oh well. I wasn't holding out much hope for them anyway. Wasn't a top choice, but it still hurts. I'm still not entirely sure they calculated my GPA right either...
I agree about the GPA, they included a duplicate of a gen-chem class I took in '98. My better GRE score was invalid too, because I took it too late. Poop. I never got invited to many birthday parties when I was a kid, so I should be used to this feeling! Ha ha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just spoke to the assistant dean and she said that no decisions have been made yet. So our "interview not offered" is some kind of a fluke. She is going to talk to the tech people. She said it won't be until after x-mas that anyone is notified of interviews, or not.
That's great! I'm glad ya'll are still in the game. Although I was somewhat excited that the process was moving. I guess we'll all have to wait until january to be glued to this post..
I just spoke to the assistant dean and she said that no decisions have been made yet. So our "interview not offered" is some kind of a fluke. She is going to talk to the tech people. She said it won't be until after x-mas that anyone is notified of interviews, or not.
That's quite the fluke, but great news nonetheless! I guess I jumped the gun a little bit by deleting the status page from my bookmarks 🙂
...
Last edited:
I wonder how that fluke happened? That IS quite a fluke. I suppose that it is better than someone being told they are accepted when they really are not 🙂
LOL never thought of it in that way, that would be horrible!! can you imagine telling your parents and friends you got an interview??? and then having to tell them that it was an accident when they ask how it went? AHH so embarrassing!! i feel like the school should grant you the interview anyway because that is sooo cruel to do to someone
LOL never thought of it in that way, that would be horrible!! can you imagine telling your parents and friends you got an interview??? and then having to tell them that it was an accident when they ask how it went? AHH so embarrassing!! i feel like the school should grant you the interview anyway because that is sooo cruel to do to someone
Last year somebody applying to NCSU got another person's acceptance letter, and had to wait over the weekend before contacting them to learn that she was not supposed to receive an acceptance. Crushing and horrible is probably more of a word than embarrassing in that case. :c
yea I remember reading her posts about that letter. I would have died if that happened to me. I remember my status page being updated early last year for illinois and it saying no interview long before I got a letter. How can the computer just "fluke" deny people? Crazy
Now I'm thinking what if they have made decisions, but just didn't mean to post them yet? I think someone else should call and see what story they give you. The lady I spoke with kinda didn't believe me that I knew of a bunch of people whose statuses had changed, so reinforcement would be nice.
i wouldn't be surprised if some decisions were made already, last time i applied i was informed of the interview by early to mid January-which is next month!. you'd think with all the holiday stuff (time off)-they have made some decisions by now? but who knows. my status hasn't changed either and i'm IS.
So should we anticipate it going back to "pending"? This is very suspicious.
Has anyone's status changed back to "pending?" Just wondering
It's not even letting me access the page! Server down?
Maybe they are fixing the "interview not offered" that they accidently posted. 😡
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder how that fluke happened? That IS quite a fluke. I suppose that it is better than someone being told they are accepted when they really are not 🙂
That would be awful. Sadly, that actually happened at my school this fall. They sent out the "accepted" email to all the people that applied as incoming freshman this year. Then they sent a correction email 10 minutes later telling most of them that they were rejected and published some pretty lame formal apologies. How horrible would that be?
The computer systems did the "not offered" for people around this time last year, too. As was said previously, the interview invites do not go out until mid-January.
We have finals coming up, so it will not happen until after we're out of their hair.
😀
Illinois is one of the schools that invite late, but the invitation is for a quick turnaround. Think of a Monday around Valentine's Day and you'd be close.
Yes, a lot of schools want to tell you you got in or are offered an interview on the holidays...
Illinois is not one of those schools.
They'd rather you relax during your winter break.
We have finals coming up, so it will not happen until after we're out of their hair.
😀
Illinois is one of the schools that invite late, but the invitation is for a quick turnaround. Think of a Monday around Valentine's Day and you'd be close.
Yes, a lot of schools want to tell you you got in or are offered an interview on the holidays...
Illinois is not one of those schools.
They'd rather you relax during your winter break.
The computer systems did the "not offered" for people around this time last year, too. As was said previously, the interview invites do not go out until mid-January.
We have finals coming up, so it will not happen until after we're out of their hair.
😀
Illinois is one of the schools that invite late, but the invitation is for a quick turnaround. Think of a Monday around Valentine's Day and you'd be close.
Yes, a lot of schools want to tell you you got in or are offered an interview on the holidays...
Illinois is not one of those schools.
They'd rather you relax during your winter break.
Relax? While under all this stress? NOT A CHANCE!
Haha. Easier said than done, I guess.
The computer systems did the "not offered" for people around this time last year, too.
Did some of those people who had a "not offered" status get an interview, or am I correct in suspecting that they accidentally posted some decisions?
Thanks for visiting and keeping us informed!
Relax? While under all this stress? NOT A CHANCE!
Haha. Easier said than done, I guess.
I know, I am going to hear about Colorado while vacationing in Hawaii... could be a real bummer. But hey, there will be plenty of tropical drinks in which I can drown my sorrow.
I know, I am going to hear about Colorado while vacationing in Hawaii... could be a real bummer. But hey, there will be plenty of tropical drinks in which I can drown my sorrow.
and you'll be in hawaii!!!! i went in may, i wish i could go back in december.
I know, I am going to hear about Colorado while vacationing in Hawaii... could be a real bummer. But hey, there will be plenty of tropical drinks in which I can drown my sorrow.
I'll toast to you from Key West. I just pray my aunt has internet, so that as of Dec 28th I don't start frothing at the mouth or something...
Also, my birthday is Dec 29. @_@ It could either be the best birthday gift or most likely...well, I'm not gonna let it ruin my day.
Speaking of which, is the server still down for everyone or is it just me? Seems like they just took it offline to avoid people flipping out.
I haven't had a problem going to the illinois state page at all. I obsessively check it daily, and it always loads for me. I may lose my mind by mid jan.
One thing I've learned about Illinois is that their IT department is a little... iffy... I remember being in your shoes last year, and I know this is going to be hard advice to follow, but try to calm down for the next couple of weeks and enjoy the holiday. You probably won't hear anything until mid-January.
...
Last edited:
Anyone else been looking at the successful applicant thread from last year and realizing how many really good applicants were rejected from illinois... scary!
That's why I told myself that I wouldn't look at that thread after October 1st

So, is everyone's status still the same 'pending'? Did the status of you whose status changed to 'interview not offered' change back?
Just wondering, but I'm sure more will happen come mid-January...
Mine still says "Interview not offered" and "Application review in progress." I just called the office and she said that I in fact did not get in. She said a letter was sent out on the 15th so I should be getting it any day. Apparently I did not make it past the first review b/c of my gpa, which they screwed up anyway.
I suspect they leaked decisions before they meant to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody!
I have been lurking for a few weeks and just registered myself. I am an applicant this year and illinois resident. I thought that we were supposed to find out in a few weeks about interviews. Does anyone know the cutoff GPA for interviews?
I have been lurking for a few weeks and just registered myself. I am an applicant this year and illinois resident. I thought that we were supposed to find out in a few weeks about interviews. Does anyone know the cutoff GPA for interviews?
so i know i posted a while ago saying i couldnt get into the admissions portal because of an error, but a helpful SDNer fixed that problem for me.
its been a while since that, and the passed 2 weeks i still havent been able to get into the portal. There is a diff message now though,
"The webpage at https://admit-s.cvm.uiuc.edu/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."
I thought it was my work computer because we have a lot of restrictions, but it happens at home too. i tried putting www. before the address but that doesnt work. That is as far as my IT skills go lol does anyone else get this?? does anyone know how to fix it? Is there a new address i should be going to?
thanks!
its been a while since that, and the passed 2 weeks i still havent been able to get into the portal. There is a diff message now though,
"The webpage at https://admit-s.cvm.uiuc.edu/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."
I thought it was my work computer because we have a lot of restrictions, but it happens at home too. i tried putting www. before the address but that doesnt work. That is as far as my IT skills go lol does anyone else get this?? does anyone know how to fix it? Is there a new address i should be going to?
thanks!
What if you click on the link I use? https://admissions.vetmed.illinois.edu/ Then click on the status page enter your info and tada! Hopefully this will work.
What if you click on the link I use? https://admissions.vetmed.illinois.edu/ Then click on the status page enter your info and tada! Hopefully this will work.
YAYYYYY!!!! i guess i was using the wrong link?? strange cuz its been the same one i used in the past lol thank you!!!
yeah I figured you were using the wrong link. Glad its fixed 😀
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 599