School: Iowa
Notification date: 6/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/20/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/12 and 8/27 were offered to me, I chose 8/27
Method of interview: In person

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got my first interview invite this morning from Iowa! :D Good luck and hope to meet some of yall!

Interview #1
School:
Iowa
Notification date: 7/1
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11
Application complete date: 6/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.63, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/10, 9/20 and 9/27 were offered and I chose 9/10
Method of interview: In-Person

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred
Notification date: 6/28
Application verified: 6/9
GPA (science, overall): 3.07, 3.19
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/18/29/no

I got screened out for low GPA for MWU-AZ as well. No luck so far.

Interview #1
School:
Iowa
Notification date: 7/3
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 6/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/10, 9/13 and 9/27 were offered, I chose 9/10
Method of interview: In-Person

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
Notification date: 7/7/21
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/21
Application complete date: 7/1/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/23/26/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/16

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the interviews are closed or open file?

Link to last years thread: The Official University of Iowa Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Iowa School of Dentistry & Dental Clinics Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants
Interview #1
Notification date: 6/7
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/2 verified
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/23/24/no
Dates available OR your interview date: I chose 8/27

Question for those who interviewed at UI, how many people were there interviewing with you as well? Is it true that they may send rejections after interviewing, before 12/1?

TIA

Question for those who interviewed at UI, how many people were there interviewing with you as well? Is it true that they may send rejections after interviewing, before 12/1?

TIA
When I was there, I believe it was 24-26 other students. I forget the exact number but I know it was less than 30 people.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview coming up, anyone have any tips or words of advice?? I am very nervous to say the least 🙃

TIA
They will send out rejections before 12/1

I have my interview coming up, anyone have any tips or words of advice?? I am very nervous to say the least 🙃
everyone is very friendly and they make you feel very welcomed. Best advice I can give you is to try to relax and get some good sleep the night before your interview.

Reactions: 2 users
They will send out rejections before 12/1
Will they send out rejections to those who interviewed before 12/1? I thought they said all decisions are sent on 12/1 (acceptances, and rejections).

Will they send out rejections to those who interviewed before 12/1? I thought they said all decisions are sent on 12/1 (acceptances, and rejections).
The earliest schools can accept you is 12/1 but they can reject you at any point. Sometimes even right after you submit if you don't meet certain cutoffs. I am not sure if Iowa does that since some schools do not, but it is permissible if they choose to.

Has any had a change in their AADSAS status?

I don't think it makes a difference either way lol

Does Iowa accept students on the 1st of December or the 15th?

They send out rejections ~11 days on average before 12/1. It is generally right before Thanksgiving or a couple days after. So this year expect it around November 19th or so. If you pass thanksgiving then you are more than likely accepted/put on waiting list.

Reactions: 6 users
any rejections so far?

Reactions: 3 users
They send out rejections ~11 days on average before 12/1. It is generally right before Thanksgiving or a couple days after. So this year expect it around November 19th or so. If you pass thanksgiving then you are more than likely accepted/put on waiting list.
Hi, thanks for the info you provide in this post. Do you happen to know if the rejections were sent out already as anticipated?

Hi, thanks for the info you provide in this post. Do you happen to know if the rejections were sent out already as anticipated?
I couldn’t tell you. Only the people who have been rejected would know if they sent it out. Either way Wednesday morning at 12:01 am the decisions will be sent out for those accepted and waitlisted.

anyone else going to attend the alumni panel tomorrow?

Which portal? AADSAS is completely down for me.

TIA
It took me about 15 minutes to get on. It works better on a phone for me right now too. Good luck!

Mine still says “Invited for interview”, any idea what that means? Good? Bad?
TIA

at what time? I am gauging for other students applying why Iowa is sending out things so sporadically.
My portal was changed last night sometime between 12:30-1 AM EST. I haven’t gotten an email from them yet

Interesting. In past years, they always sent out an email first and never updated the AADSAS portal at least for me.

Interesting. In past years, they always sent out an email first and never updated the AADSAS portal at least for me.
Could you possibly email the school to get an update or will they not tell you your current status?

Could you possibly email the school to get an update or will they not tell you your current status?
My current status is second year dental student haha. I am talking about other people who have applied and contacted me. The admission office here won't given you information on applicants applying which makes sense they want everyone to have a fair chance at getting in.

My current status is second year dental student haha. I am talking about other people who have applied and contacted me. The admission office here won't given you information on applicants applying which makes sense they want everyone to have a fair chance at getting in.
Oh no, what I meant is I applied, and I was wondering if I could email Rachel and ask my current status, like whether I’m still under review, denied, accepted, or waitlisted

Oh no, what I meant is I applied, and I was wondering if I could email Rachel and ask my current status, like whether I’m still under review, denied, accepted, or waitlisted
Oh gotcha that makes more sense lol. I mean I don't see why not, give it a try!

at what time? I am gauging for other students applying why Iowa is sending out things so sporadically.
I was so anxious I took melatonin and went to bed at 11:50pm CST.. so somewhere between then and 5am is when they updated my portal since I woke up super early and checked right away!