University of Iowa Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hello all, I am a current senior at the University of Iowa and interviewed at the UIowa College of dentistry this fall. I have not yet seen/heard anything regarding my status. I have not received any rejection/waitlist/acceptance emails and my status on the ADDSAS portal has not changed. Anyone else in this position (interviewed but haven’t heard anything) or does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all, I am a current senior at the University of Iowa and interviewed at the UIowa College of dentistry this fall. I have not yet seen/heard anything regarding my status. I have not received any rejection/waitlist/acceptance emails and my status on the ADDSAS portal has not changed. Anyone else in this position (interviewed but haven’t heard anything) or does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks.
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks.
yup same position

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks.
I’m in the same boat. I emailed the Iowa just to ask if I could get an update on my status, but no response so far

Thanks.
Hi, I am in the same position as you. I can relate to the stress you are feeling, we just have to try and stay positive I suppose.

Accepted! I got the email at 1102 pm central time

Congrats to those who were accepted, do you mind sharing when was your interview? Some people said they received an email, and some said portals were updated with no emails. Is there an order of when they send acceptances?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who were accepted, do you mind sharing when was your interview? Some people said they received an email, and some said portals were updated with no emails. Is there an order of when they send acceptances?
Also to those who have been accepted, how long do they give you all to accept or decline the offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in the same boat. I emailed the Iowa just to ask if I could get an update on my status, but no response so far
SAME. It’s making me go crazy. No email. Application still says invited for interview. I know two IS students who got an email acceptance at midnight.

SAME. It’s making me go crazy. No email. Application still says invited for interview. I know two IS students who got an email acceptance at midnight.
Do you happen to know when were their interviews?

I also know of one who interviewed Aug. 12th and got accepted. I interviewed that day as well, but have yet to hear anything.
Me too :( although I spoke to a doctor today who used to be on the committee and they said not to worry at all that we haven’t heard back. It’s not a rejection. They will send out more acceptances next month. It’s just hard not to think negatively about it

anyone that interviewed in October get in? Hopefully those of us who interviewed a little later will hear back in the next round.

I interviewed October 4th. I checked my portal after I got the email and it was updated.

I interviewed October 4th. I checked my portal after I got the email and it was updated.
congratulations!!!! i also interviewed on oct 4th but nothing today. mine still says invited for interview.

congratulations!!!! i also interviewed on oct 4th but nothing today. mine still says invited for interview.
I keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I interviewed on October 22nd and got accepted! Keep your hopes up!

Does anybody know if they sent out 80 acceptances today or if they just sent out their first picks but not 80 total?

Does anybody know if they sent out 80 acceptances today or if they just sent out their first picks but not 80 total?
Also wondering the answer to this question ^^^

If we are waitlisted, do you think we will ever get an actual email stating that? Or how are we to know what our status is given no email/change on ADDSAS portal yet.

Is there a class of 2026 Facebook page or GroupMe yet?

Any updates yet for those whose status still shows "Invited for interview"??

Any updates yet for those whose status still shows "Invited for interview"??
I sent an email to Rachel asking if there would be another day of acceptances in December. She told me that their might be but its not a guarantee. I also asks if it would be appropriate to send in a letter of intent and was told that there is no need to send one.

My assumption would be January when the 30 days to accept is up.

I got accepted into another school but really want to go to Iowa 😭. Going to have to put a deposit on the school :dead: and then hope that In January I get accepted into Iowa.

Does anybody know if they try to fill the 80 seats on 12/1? Or rolling basis? Also, did they send out any rejections or waitlists yet??

Sorry if I’m asking too many questions, Iowa is my only chance (received only one interview 😔)

Does anybody know if they try to fill the 80 seats on 12/1? Or rolling basis? Also, did they send out any rejections or waitlists yet??

Sorry if I’m asking too many questions, Iowa is my only chance (received only one interview 😔)
I believe they send out a few more than 80 acceptances on Dec 1 knowing not all will accept. I don’t think they will send out any more acceptances until after the 30th. They should have already sent out rejections prior to Dec 1, so you’re still in the clear. Typically they send out more acceptances in Jan before they notify those who are on the waitlist.

Hopefully this helps a little. Don’t get discouraged yet. It’s still early in the process and you will hear back in the near future. 🙂 I know exactly how you’re feeling

Reactions: 2 users
Any new from Iowa about the second round of acceptances yet? If the FB group is any indication, the class is half full so far.

Any new from Iowa about the second round of acceptances yet? If the FB group is any indication, the class is half full so far.
Wondering this as well, interviewed in August but have not yet heard anything about an acceptance/rejection/waitlist. Hoping an answer comes sooner rather than later given I plan on retaking the DAT if not admitted this cycle.

I believe they send out a few more than 80 acceptances on Dec 1 knowing not all will accept. I don’t think they will send out any more acceptances until after the 30th. They should have already sent out rejections prior to Dec 1, so you’re still in the clear. Typically they send out more acceptances in Jan before they notify those who are on the waitlist.

Hopefully this helps a little. Don’t get discouraged yet. It’s still early in the process and you will hear back in the near future. 🙂 I know exactly how you’re feeling
Anyone know from experience/have heard when they send out acceptances/waitlists in January? Early Jan? Mid? Late?

If it’s after Dec 1, admissions will call you usually in the evening and offer you a seat.
Anyone know from experience/have heard when they send out acceptances/waitlists in January? Early Jan? Mid? Late?
I just received an email today that I’m on the alternate list. They don’t say where you’re at on the list but that it will remain open until classes begin

Waitlisted this morning…were acceptances or rejections sent out as well?…do you think the FB group is a good indication of class size so far?

Was told yesterday via email that i am on the alternative list 😭😭😭

Waitlisted this morning…were acceptances or rejections sent out as well?…do you think the FB group is a good indication of class size so far?
The email they sent said that “ the committee completed the selection of our first year class” so i think the class is filled up

Were there more acceptances that were sent out recently? I see the FB page has 14 new members just this week.