You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Iowa Pharmacy Application
Started by sunnys
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got my acceptance! I interviewed on 2/4. This is the school I will be attending next year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at Drake 2/17 and Iowa 2/25. Just found out I got accepted at Drake but I would really like to get into Iowa. Did anyone who interviewed at Iowa on 2/25 hear anything?Did anyone apply to Drake and does Drake have a thread?
Just got a "thanks for interview" card in mail from Uiowa pharmacy school. Anyone received it?
I got the card and also a $200 reimbursement. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interviewed 2/18 accepted 3/6/2012
congrats!!
This is my first post on SDN.
I have been reading the posts here and they are very helpful.
I interviewed on Feb 25th and I am still waiting for the result.
I think on the interview day, Dr.Kelly told us that if we wanted to know the result early so that we wouln't have to pay for the deposit for other schools, he could let us know about the possibility of getting in right away.
I sent an email and got a reply saying that I have an excellent chance of getting admitted.
But I am not quite sure how reliable the possibility is...any thought?
Has anyone tried sending it?
I think I need to wait for one more month as I was the last group to be interviewed...
Good luck everyone!
I have been reading the posts here and they are very helpful.
I interviewed on Feb 25th and I am still waiting for the result.
I think on the interview day, Dr.Kelly told us that if we wanted to know the result early so that we wouln't have to pay for the deposit for other schools, he could let us know about the possibility of getting in right away.
I sent an email and got a reply saying that I have an excellent chance of getting admitted.
But I am not quite sure how reliable the possibility is...any thought?
Has anyone tried sending it?
I think I need to wait for one more month as I was the last group to be interviewed...
Good luck everyone!
You might just have to wait a week. They sent out acceptances for the 4th, last week. the 14th yesterday, so the 25th might be next week. He said to pretty much rely on what he tells you, i would trust him but i totally understand how you feel. if you can wait until next Tuesday you might hear something.
Just curious did you just email Dean Kelly? I also interviewed on the 18th and am still waiting. I'd like to have some kind of idea, but I'm almost afraid to ask when there going to review it.I interviewed on the 18th. I just talked to them and they said they are going to review on my application the week after spring break...so another two weeks to go. Waiting is no fun.
Just curious did you just email Dean Kelly? I also interviewed on the 18th and am still waiting. I'd like to have some kind of idea, but I'm almost afraid to ask when there going to review it.
I interviewed on the 4th (first interview) and heard back on February 20th (2.5 weeks ago). I think from what Dean Kelly had told us I was among the first set of applicants to hear back. He had mentioned 300 applicants total and 7-8 weeks to review them all, so it may be a little while, try to relax! I just thought I'd let you know so you had a little more information to give you context. I would probably hesitate to email the Dean unless you have something specific to ask him about or another school's deadline you're trying to meet. Hope it helps a bit!
I think if you really want to get into the program, it is not a bad idea to send an email to Dr.Kelly. It took 2days for me to get the reply. He is really nice but the reply doesn't really guarantee anything. I just feel better after getting the reply though.
Hopefully we will hear a good news sometime soon.
Hopefully we will hear a good news sometime soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The main reason I contacted them because I thought if I hadn't heard back in 2 weeks, it meant that I wasn't going to get in. But they told me they still have applications to go through. They were nice.
I suggest waiting, if you haven't heard back yet. They have lots of applications to go through still.
I suggest waiting, if you haven't heard back yet. They have lots of applications to go through still.
I also interviewed on the 25th. I sent an email to the Dean to see if I could find anything out since I received my first acceptance to Ferris State. They wanted a $1000 tuition deposit, and it was my last resort. I did get into Drake also, but I hope to get into Iowa. I heard the acceptance committee was meeting this week, so I am hoping that I hear early next week. Good luck everyone!
when is Iowa's spring break?
next week...week of mar 12
I emailed Dr. Kelly because I thought he said on interview day that if we needed to know early to contact him but when I did he only responded with my chances of getting in instead of an answer. I didn't understand that since he made it seem like we could find out. I interviewed on the 25th, has anyone heard anything yet?
I emailed Dr. Kelly because I thought he said on interview day that if we needed to know early to contact him but when I did he only responded with my chances of getting in instead of an answer. I didn't understand that since he made it seem like we could find out. I interviewed on the 25th, has anyone heard anything yet?
I had an interview on the 25th and still havent got a reply. I also sent an email to Dr.Kelly and just got my chance of getting in. He didnt clearly say that I would get in for sure so I am kinda concerned but I guess there isnt anything we can do other than waiting patiently. It really is hard.. Maybe in 2weeks, we will hear it back.. Good luck 🙂
I got my acceptance today!!! 😀 Good luck everyone! Check your emails...
Did you go to the interview on 25th? I also went to the interview on 25th and i didn't get any email yet.. i asked Dr.Kelly whether i can know my decision early. He just told me that my chances of getting admission is fairly good and it will still take few weeks to decide....
Just curious why wont you be attending? Maybe it can help me in my decision.
I accepted my offer at UW-Madison which was my top choice..
I am not interested in research based classes (Iowa seemed to emphasize a lot on it during the interview session 2/18) and I was not impressed by the old building and the small labs..
Got my acceptance email this morning, Feb. 18th interview. Plan on attending this fall. Also I got the impression they were not very far along in the review process so wouldn't worry too much as the next few weeks come, there should be a lot more to get sent out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on your acceptance! Just curious as to why you got the impression they were not far along in the process?Got my acceptance email this morning, Feb. 18th interview. Plan on attending this fall. Also I got the impression they were not very far along in the review process so wouldn't worry too much as the next few weeks come, there should be a lot more to get sent out!
I did not get a sense of the classes being research heavy although someone else on this thread got that feeling during their interview and that was one of the reasons they declined their spot.Just curious, did anyone get a research feel from Iowa and why? I am contemplating declining my acceptance because I didnt feel I would be have research opportunities.
Looking at the student handbook it did not seem the classes focus on research. The faculty are definitely involved in research but that is not different from any other school I've interviewed at. Hopefully some of the current students that check in on here will answer your question better or maybe PM the person who is selling their condo on this thread...Good luck
Just curious, did anyone get a research feel from Iowa and why? I am contemplating declining my acceptance because I didnt feel I would be have research opportunities.
You will have a lot!! I can tell you that for sure! Don't worry about research if you're going to IOWA!
Would you mind sharing WHY you feel this way about Iowa's classes being research based? I can't say that I am particularly excited for research but during my interview nothing was mentioned about this. Thanks.You will have a lot!! I can tell you that for sure! Don't worry about research if you're going to IOWA!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K